Call me Jongdae

Trying

"Right Jongin, Rilakkuma or Pororo?"

Holding the two different jumpers up, Joonmyun waited for Jongin to point to the one he wanted to wear before the boy lifted his arms up in order to allow his dad to slip the jumper onto him.

Today would be the start of Jongin's second week of nursery. After his first week, Joonmyun felt blessed that when it came to dropping Jongin off on his first day he wasn't stood there crying and begging for Joonmyun to take him home like the other kids. Instead of crying, Jongin waved at Joonmyun and was happily on his way into the classroom to meet his new classmates.

There was one particular boy who Jongin liked to hang around with the most. It was also with this boy where he was at his most active and his most talkative. Watching the two of them together, Joonmyun couldn't help but feel slightly jealous; he wanted Jongin to talk to him like he did his friend, he wanted Jongin to open up to him more. Both boys were only four years old and yet had as good a friendship as those ten years older!

"Right buddy, have a good day and I'll be back to pick you up at the end of the day" Joonmyun said slipping Jongin's backpack onto the boy's back, ruffling his hair as Jongin waved goodbye to him and made his way inside the classroom and straight to where his friend was sat waiting for him.

Joonmyun always made sure that Jongin was well settled in his classroom before he left for work. Over the past few days, he had hoped that maybe Jongin would have one little episode but no matter how Joonmyun wished for it, Jongin was one of those weird kids who just loved going to nursery and school!

"Excuse me!" came a voice and with a tap on his shoulder, Joonmyun's attention was turned away from Jongin to settled on a man who looked slightly younger than him. A slightly younger looking man with lips that curled up in the corner, with the most prominent cheekbones Joonmyun thought he had ever seen on someone a man wit-

"I'm sorry?" Joonmyun asked when he realised that the guy had asked him a question and he had yet to answer
"You are Kim Jongin's father, yes?" the guy asked again and when Joonmyun nodded his head, gently smiled. 

"I'm Jongin's teacher, one of them, I was just wondering if we could have a quick word in private?"

Who knew Jongin's teacher was so hot?

 

 

Joonmyun could not fathom any reason as to why Jongin's teacher would want to have a private word with him. Jongin, at home at least, was one of the shyest and quietest child that Joonmyun had ever known. Though this statement was quite contradicting when it came to Jongin being with his friend and with other children at the nursery, Joonmyun couldn't imagine him as being such a nuisance that he was called to see one of the teachers.

"Don't worry, Jongin's not in trouble" the guy said, entering the room he had taken Joonmyun to, a few sheets of paper in his hand
"I just wanted a word with you because, well, I'll let you have a look at these first before we carry on" and with that laid the sheets of paper out on the table in front of Joonmyun.

One the sheets were drawings that Jongin must have done previously. Whilst they took place in different settings- a park, a house and what Joonmyun believed to be a cinema- there was one striking resemblance in each of them; a little tanned boy with a sad face whilst a huge stick figure of a lady with frizzy hair stared at him angrily.

"Now I'm not one to pry into a child's personal life, but these are the only pictures that Jongin always seems to draw" the guy began as Joonmyun continued to stare at them
"With Jongin being a pupil of mine though, I can't help but be concerned" he continued as Joonmyun nodded his head and eventually drew his eyes away from the drawings.

"If you don't mind me prying, but is there something going on where it concerns Jongin's mother? I mean, these pictures do only seem to show a woman and never include anyone else" he asked
"It's complicated at this moment in time" Joonmyun replied, not really wanting to tell anyone how he had come to be the guardian of Jongin in the first place.

"However I will try and talk to him, see what this is about" he added
"Of course. I know it can be difficult for a child to open up, however if you need help we are here and we can offer some sort of help" and Joonmyun nodded letting out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you, Mr... uh"
"Jongdae, call me Jongdae" and shot Joonmyun another one of his smiles.

Yep, definitely hot

 

 

Whilst most people hated their jobs, Joonmyun was one of those people who loved where he worked and with the people he worked with. Everyday there was always a new challenge that awaited him, there was never a dull moment where he was sat at his desk bored out his mind and wishing for the day to end already.

Among his co-workers, Joonmyun had always noticed how their desks and offices were full of pictures of their family, their children, the usual. Before Jongin had come into his life, all Joonmyun's office consisted of was dull, white walls with a picture of him, his parents and his brother at his graduation ceremony and another picture of Joonmyun and his friends on the last trip they went on together.

Now when he entered his office, there were more pictures being added by the day. Some of Jongin that his parents had taken on a day out, one of Jongin and his classmates with Jongin sat on the floor with his legs stretched out and hands placed neatly on top. There were one or two drawings that Jongin had done which made their way onto his wall and slowly, Joonmyun's office was beginning to have some colour and life added to it as did other offices around him had.

"Shoot" was the first thing Joonmyun had said upon hearing the intercom buzz
"Sorry to disturb Joonmyun but I'm patching a call through to you, they said something about being from a nursery and needed to speak to you about Jongin"

Picking up the phone, Joonmyun didn't know on how to feel about the nursery calling him at this time. Had something happened? Was Jongin hurt? Was this where the trouble finally started?


Dun, dun, dun...

And Jongdae has been introduced! I don't really know if I could ever picture him as a teacher though... he would be too immature to teach a bunch of people...

Until the next chapter!!