The art of dance

Trying

Telling Jongin that he was dating Jongdae was one thing, telling everybody he knew was another thing. Sure he could tell his friends like that and they would probably spend a few hours gushing over the fact that Joonmyun finally found himself a guy, but that would be it and they would quickly move onto something else. Telling his parents, and his extended family for that matter, was another thing. So worried was he about telling them he was actually contemplating on not tell them and have his parents walk in on Jongdae and Joonmyun doing something so that they could see this was something serious... at least then he wouldn't constantly be chickening out!

Jongin wasn't really clear on the whole concept of keeping things a secret until it was appropriate to tell people. The beginning of the week after he was told, the first thing he did was go shouting to Kyungsoo about his daddy's new friend. Though he didn't really reveal that it was indeed Jongdae, the parents who sent their children to the nursery were not dumb and were able to quickly pick up the hints from where it was most obvious. Gossip would eventually begin to spread, but Joonmyun no longer cared; as long as Jongin was not being affected by it, people could talk all they like. 

"This really isn't bothering you? The fact that the parents will start gossiping soon?" Jongdae asked one evening, he and Joonmyun washing the dishes whilst Jongin watched television in the living room.

"They were gossiping about me the minute they found out the situation with Jongin. Trust me, you'll get used to it eventually" Joonmyun explained as Jongdae laughed slightly
"You really don't care about these people do you?" he asked, clearly amused by Joonmyun's response.

"I'm just tired of caring what people think. So what if I like me? So what if Jongin's only my son from a one night stand? So what if I'm dating his teacher? I really don't care" Joonmyun replied.

"When do you plan on telling your parents then?". Ah, Joonmyun was still working on that
"I want to do it soon, just to clear my conscience... but I always get too scared and chicken out the last second" Joonmyun replied with a sigh.

"Well if you want, I can be there with you when you tell them. You don't have to do this alone you know" Jongdae suggested as Joonmyun nodded his head and smiled greatfully at him. Yeah, he could do it, he could totally do it! He just had to pick the correct time that was all...

 

 

Somewhere in the back of Joonmyun's mind he had made a mental note of telling Minseok and Sehun about having a kid. Baekhyun and Chanyeol knew, but Joonmyun made them swear they wouldn't tell the other two and that it would be his job to do so. The thought lingered in the back of his mind and Joonmyun felt as though he was forgetting something, though it didn't really occur to him just what it was until Jongin had ran ahead of him to open the door and found two new people staring down at him.

"You're not Jongdae... or Chanyeol or Baekhyun!" Jongin exclaimed, frowning and beginning to shut the door on the two of them before Joonmyun rushed forward to stop him from doing so.

"Who's this little guy?" Minseok asked, not even fazed by Jongin attempting to shut the door in his face as he crouched down to meet him at eye level
"Uh Minseok, Sehun this is Jongin... he's my son" Joonmyun replied, watching as Minseok stilled momentarily before nodding his head and Sehun stood there with wide eyes, much like Chanyeol.

"You have a son?" he asked as Joonmyun nodded before ushering the two of them in properly, not really wanting to discuss the situation with his friends stood in the doorway like this.

 

 

Explaining everything to the two of them, they actually took the news better than Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Well, Minseok did, he didn't really seem bothered by it and kept asking Joonmyun and Jongin questions. The same couldn't be said for Sehun though. It's not like he hated children, he just wasn't a big fan of them and having Jongin continuously stare at him and try to talk to him was making him very uncomfortable.

"He's four years old Sehun!" Minseok exclaimed, seeing how silly he looked fussing over a boy as young as Jongin. Joonmyun could only sit back and watch in amusement as his two friends bickered and the expression of an idea popping into Minseok's mind flickering over his face for the shortest of seconds.

"Say Jongin, your dad told me you do ballet" as Jongin nodded his head
"I'm the only boy though" he replied with a pout as Minseok smiled and leant forward.

"When Sehun was younger he used to dance" he began as Sehun stilled and slowly turned to face him
"What are you doing?"
"Really?" Jongin asked, standing up and walking over to Sehun.

"Did you do ballet as well?" 
"U-Uh"
"No, he learnt dances which were more poppy. Hey, how about you teach Sehun some ballet moves and he can teach you some new moves" Minseok suggested as Jongin turned to Joonmyun for permission to do so before he grabbed Sehun's hand and pulled him out of his seat, blabbing on about what he was going to teach him as Sehun looked back for help, but wasn't getting any.

"You are one evil boyfriend" Joonmyun commented, laughing at how excited Jongin had sounded
"Well he just needs to man up, it's not as if Jongin is going to do anything to him".

 

 

Spending another hour catching up with Joonmyun, Minseok was actually surprised that Sehun had managed for so long with Jongin. Occassionally he and Joonmyun heard the sound of Sehun falling to the floor and letting out a groan, yet soon the two of them heard laughing not just from Jongin but also Sehun.

Investigating the matter, the two of them poked their head into Jongin's room to see Sehun helping him do a move that he remembered practicing himself
"Do it again! Do it again!" Jongin exclaimed as he began giggling and Sehun let out a laugh before noticing the other two watching them from the doorway and smiling.

"What?"
"Nothing. Come on, we should get going" Minseok replied as both Jongin and Sehun groaned, but nonetheless Jongin would have to let him go until the next time. Saying goodbye, Jongin rushed forward to the front door when it began knocking.

"Jongdae!" he said excitedly as he jumped up and Jongdae grabbed him to lift him up
"Hey Jongin" carrying the boy into the living room, pausing when he saw two new people.

"Oh, hello" he said
"Hi" Minseok and Sehun replied, turning to Joonmyun
"U-uh this is Jongdae. Jongdae, this is Sehun and Minseok my friends. Jongdae... he's my boyfriend" he explained and knew that Minseok and Sehun were going to be demanding answers and it would only be a matter of time before he got a phone call from an angry Baekhyun wanting to know why Joonmyun had never told him about his boyfriend.

This was going to be a long afternoon...


So that's Jongdae's family, Joonmyun's friends and most of the parents at the nursery knowing about their relationship now. There's only a few people left who need to be told... hmm...

The title of this chapter really makes no sense, but I couldn't think of what to call it... pfft... *shrugs shoulders*

Until the next chapter!!