Sometimes

Trying

Once Joonmyun and Jongin had a chance to settle down and were actually able to meet Jongdae's family in a more calm matter did they finally begin to relax. Jongin wasn't so much afraid of the new people around him and was too busy playing with Jongdae's niece to even care anymore. The more Joonmyun spoke to different members of the family, the easier it was to relax and let himself go a bit to fully be able to enjoy himself. 

"So Joonmyun, how did you and Jongdae meet?" one of Jongdae's aunts asked, she and a few other female members of the family sat around Joonmyun in the living room 
"Uh well he teaches at the nursery Jongin goes to, in fact he's his teacher" he explained as one of the women leant in and stayed in the position, eyes raking up and down Joonmyun's body making him, understandably, quite uncomfortable. 

"You know when Jongdae first told us you had a child I found it very hard to believe you were gay" she said 
"U-uh well I can assure you I am very much gay and I only like men. I just have Jongin as well that's all" Joonmyun replied as another woman sat next to him sighed in disappointment. 

"It really is a shame that you're gay. You're so good looking" she said before huffing "Why is it that all the good looking men are either taken or gay?" she whined as the other women agreed and started whining along with her. 

Having watched the interaction for a few minutes, Jongdae couldn't help but laugh at just how easy it was to make Joonmyun uncomfortable, blush or at a loss for words. Watching the women he was sat with begin to make him feel extremely uncomfortable, Jongdae decided to finally put him out of his misery and waltzed on in to save him. 

"Ladies I'm afraid you will have to say goodbye to Joonmyun for now. I would actually like to spend some time with my boyfriend at some point this evening" and despite the groaning and complaining the two of them were met with, Joonmyun was more than happy for Jongdae to take his hand and lead him out of the living room and into the kitchen. 

"You are a lifesaver" Joonmyun thanked 
"Well I was going to leave you for a bit longer, but I'm just a lovely boyfriend by getting to you sooner" Jongdae replied, laughing when Joonmyun gently elbowed him in the side "And hey, from what they were saying back there, at least I'm not the only one who thinks you're good looking" to which Joonmyun blushed and turned around to grab himself a drink so that Jongdae couldn't see just how he was reacting to his words. 

 

 

Meeting Jongdae's family was turning out to be a very enjoyable experience for Joonmyun. Whilst it was a big shock at the beginning to see so many people at the place, but hey it could've turned out much worse; it could have turned out to be an experience he had when he first introduced Jongin to his family. That would have been unfortunate! 

"Oh and this one is my favourite" Jongdae's mum said, handing Joonmyun a picture of a young Jongdae stood next to his older brother, the smile on his face as big as Joonmyun had probably ever seen it 
"His first day starting school. He was that excited to get going that I wasn't surprised he didn't start crying like the other children" she added as Jongdae walked over and groaned at the sight of the photo albums scattered around the sofa and on Joonmyun's lap. 

"Why? Why must you do this to me?" he whined sitting next to Joonmyun and taking the photo album away from him to flick through himself. Looking at the various photo's, Jongdae would often show a few of them to Joonmyun- of course leaving out the totally embarrassing ones he knew would have Joonmyun talking about for days- enjoying the smiles and laughs resonating from him whenever Jongdae or his mum told him the story behind a certain photo. 

"Ah, this one" Jongdae said, getting a good look at the photo before sighing "I regret ever allowing my friend to cut my hair" as Joonmyun got a look and tried his best to hold in is laugh, but failed miserably. Looking at the picture again, Joonmyun was able to recognise the figure sat next to Jongdae, though he didn't look as happy as Jongdae was. 

"Who's he?" he asked as Jongdae's mum had a look for herself and scrunched up her face 
"His first boyfriend" she replied before hearing herself being called for in the kitchen as she got up and left the two of them there. 

"She and pretty much everyone else in my family hated him" he began before sighing "He was kind of a grumpy . Always got moody with me over the tiniest of things, so you could imagine his reaction when I came to him with my hair like that" before laughing at the memories "Of course, being the amazing boyfriend I am, it was pretty easy to make him forgive me". 

"How did you do it?" Joonmyun asked 
"Sat next to him for half an hour with a pout on my face asking for forgiveness in a slightly high pitched voice" Jongdae replied, his response making Joonmyun burst out into a fit of laughter his laughter making Jongdae begin to laugh in the process. 

"Oh I love you sometimes" he said before the realisation of what he had said finally sunk in, his eyes widened and the smile slowly beginning to fade from his face. Whilst Joonmyun sat there panicking over what he had just said, Jongdae was sat there staring at him with a smile that wasn't going to be leaving his face anytime soon. 

"What do you mean by sometimes?" he joked 
"Uh... well... what I mean..." but Joonmyun just couldn't spit it out, his hands were moving about to try and help him find the words but it wasn't helping at all. He was only saved by Jongin wondering into the living room searching for him. 

"Daddy!" he called out and when Joonmyun turned around, saw Jongin stood there with his hands held out and a hole in his trousers from where he had fallen over previously. Seeing that his son was about to burst into tears if he didn't react quickly, Joonmyun shot out of his seat and went over to tend to him, silently thanking him for saving him from further questioning by Jongdae. 

 

 

Enjoying their evening so much, Joonmyun decided that it was only time to leave when Jongin had fallen asleep in his arms having tired himself out from playing with the other children. Though he didn't want to leave, carrying his son in his arms and trying to strap him into his carseat without waking him up was enough to convince him otherwise. 

"He's so cute when he sleeps" Jongdae cooed from the passengers seat 
"Yeah. I think you mentioned that before" Joonmyun replied, eyes kept straight on the road, silently willing himself to not turn to Jongdae who he knew was staring at him. 

Since slipping out that he may or may not love him, Joonmyun had been doing his best to avoid giving Jongdae the chance to ask him about it. From moving onto another area for discussion, starting a conversation with somebody else to not even bothering to speak to Jongdae at all just as he was doing presently. It's not like he wanted to avoid talking about it, he just didn't know what to say about it or whether he was going to open his mouth and spew out a load of rubbish which would ruin the moment. Jongdae hadn't exactly said anything to try and steer their conversation towards the direction of his confession so he just left it at that. 

Stopping outside of Jongdae's apartment, Joonmyun finally allowed himself to turn and face Jongdae who undone his seatbelt and shot him a nervous smile 
"See you around" he said 
"Y-yeah sure" Joonmyun replied as Jongdae nodded his head and opened the door to get out. 

"Oh Joonmyun" he piped up and when Joonmyun turned to him again, jumped when Jongdae leant forward and kissed him, pulling away with a grin on his face 
"I love you too" and with that got out of the car and started making his way inside. 

Leaving a flabbergasted Joonmyun where he was, it took him a moment or two to really comprehend what Jongdae had just said to him. He even went to get out and follow Jongdae to ask him if he really was being serious. Remembering that he had Jongin in the back and didn't want to leave himself at this time of night however, he could only result to groaning and banging his head against the steering wheel. He guessed this conversation would have to wait for another day...