I saw daddy kissing Santa

Trying

With Christmas beginning to approach, everybody was beginning to get into the festive spirit. Decorations were being hung up, Christmas music was beginning to play in shops and out in the streets and huge Christmas trees were being erected in the middle of shopping centres and the bustling streets for all to see. 

With Christmas approaching ever closer, young children and teenagers were getting more and more excited by the day; the older of the two categories because they would be getting closer to finally having some time away from school and the younger because it meant that Santa was coming to town which meant leacing out letters and food for him and his reindeers and most importantly meant that they were going to get lots and lots of presents to only have their childhood come crashing down when they realised that Santa never really existed in the first place. 

A phone call from Kyungsoo's mum had Joonmyun turning up at the nursery during a luch break to deliver an overnight bag for Jongin to take to Kyungsoo's house. With this being the final week the two would see of each other before the holidays, they had begged Kyungsoo's mum to let Jongin sleep over for the night before they had to go away and be separated until after the New Year. A phone call from Kyungsoo's mum to ask if it was indeed alright and Joonmyun had to quickly rush home to pack a bag for Jongin, made sure he had everything he would need, drop it to the nursery and then get back to work and have his lunch before his break was over. Totally doable. 

"I'd be happy to have Kyungsoo over, after all you're always having Jongin over so it's only fair" Joonmyun tried to argue when Kyungsoo's mum insisted on having Jongin and it wouldn't be a problem "Although I will probably be late home because of a meeting meaning Jongdae will just be dumped with them..." this gave Kyungsoo's mum all the more reason to convince him that it was fine if she had Jongin over for the night. 

Getting past the front desk, Joonmyun was sent straight to Jongdae's office where he would drop the bag off and proceed to leave, leaving it up to his boyfriend and hoped that he had read his text messages for once in his life during the nursery's lunch break to remember to give Jongin the bag before he left. 

Not even bothering to knock, seeing as he thought Jongdae would be with the children, Joonmyun walked straight into the office only to stop short when he saw who he thought was Jongdae, however he was dressed in a red suit with black boots and a beard dangling around his neck. 

"Jongdae?" Joonmyun asked 
"Oh, hey!" Jongdae replied, turning around and allowing Joonmyun to get a full look of what he was wearing. 

"I'm not even going to bother to guess what you're meant to be" he said with a laugh making Jongdae frown until he looked down and saw what Joonmyun meant 
"Oh this? You missed it! I was dressed as Santa and went in to surprise the kids ah you should have seen their faces. I even had a big belly that shook like jelly" he explained before realising what the time was and wondering just why Joonmyun was there. 

"Why are you here? Aren't you suppose to be at work?" he asked 
"Lunch break. Plus Jongin's sleeping over Kyungsoo's tonight so I came here to drop an overnight bag for him. I messaged you but because you hardly check your phone I can tell you to give it to him at the end of the day" Joonmyun explained and handed the bag over to Jongdae who now had a smirk on his face. 

"So if Jongin's out tonight that means you have the place all to yourself, doesn't it?" he asked 
"Just what are you implying Jongdae?" Joonmyun asked and when Jongdae wiggled his eyebrows at him, laughed out loud and hit him on the arm. 

"Kim Jongdae you have a very di-" but was silenced when Jongdae smacked his lips onto his, breaking away with a slight blush and an elbow to his boyfriend's side 
"Well I hate to leave you like this, but I must get back before my break ends" he said 
"Oh trust me I'll be sure to catch up with you later on" Jongdae replied, laughing when he saw that Joonmyun had turned a deeper shade of red and quickly exited. 

Shutting the door behind him, Joonmyun turned to leave the nursery but stopped when the sight of a familiar four year old boy scurrying down the hall back to his class caught his attention. 

"Jongin" he said happily as the little boy stopped and turned to him 
"What are you doing here?" he asked, running over towards him. 

"Came to drop your stuff in for staying over Kyungsoo's tonight. What are you doing out of class?"
"Jongdae's gone so I'm looking for him. He even missed Santa!" Jongin exclaimed as Joonmyun smiled and ruffled his hair 
"Well it just so happens he's saying goodbye to Santa and watching him fly back to get ready for Christmas. I even missed him myself!" he replied as Jongin smiled and nodded his head. 

"Can I go get him then? We need him!" he asked 
"Ah not yet, he's busy sorting some stuff out" Joonmyun replied, turning his son around "Now back you go and I'll see you tomorrow morning alright? Be a good boy for Kyungsoo's mum and remember to get your bag from Jongdae at the end of the day" and with one last hug from Jongin, the boy ran back to his class, having seemingly bought the story Joonmyun had just made up. Oh, the simple mind of a child. 

 

 

It was over breakfast on Sunday morning when Joonmyun felt as though somebody was watching his every move as he had begun to wash the dishes, turning around it turned out the person was Jongin who had been glaring at him from the dining table. 

"What's wrong?" he asked his question catching Jongdae's attention as he to turned to the boy. With that Jongin turned to face Jongdae and pointed a finger towards his dad 
"I saw daddy kissing Santa!" he shouted out loud, the two men stood there in silence, confused by Jongin's accusation. 

"What are you talking about? No I didn't" Joonmyun said but Jongin nodded his head 
"Yes you did! I went looking for Jongdae after Santa had left and I went into his office and saw you kissing him!" finally it clicked to both males just what Jongin was talking about. 

"You're bad daddy! You're only allowed to kiss Jongdae!" Jongin said with a pout as he turned to Jongdae who had to bite his lip to stop himself from bursting out into laughter 
"Isn't daddy a bad man?" Jongin asked as Jongdae nodded his head. 

"Yes, he is a bad man Jongin. However because I'm such an amazing person I am willing to forgive him" his answer looking to satisfy Jongin who still continued to glared at Joonmyun as he finished his breakfast. Throughout the whole exchange Joonmyun was just stood there unable to say or do anything and even with Jongdae laughing at him he was still not able to say or do anything about Jongin's accusation. Just what the heck was that all about? 


Writing these Christmas-y chapters in March is quite stran- wait... it's March already? I could have sworn just yesterday it was January! o.O 

Ahem... 

Anyway, throughout writing this fic I've come up with a number of scenarios to do with the story that I haven't quite added because it doesn't really go with the flow, if I added them we would have a million bonus chapters going on (okay, maybe not a million) or they're just cute little side stories I've made up as this fic as progressed in chapters. Therefore I quite simply need you guys to complete this poll for me; 

 

Until the next chapter!!