The perfect gift

Trying

This being the first Christmas Joonmyun was spending with Jongin, he was finding this to be the most expensive Christmas yet. How could a little boy want so much? What use would he have for half the things on his list when he grew older? Not only was he hanving to spend lots of money on Jongin, there was also presents to be bought for his parents and his brother and knowing that all of his hard earned wages from the previous month was being spent this way, it actually made him want to cry. 

Shopping for Jongin, his family and his friends was the easy part. Joonmyun just had no idea on what to get Jongdae. So many ideas had popped into his mind but he never acted upon them. Previously he had never had a relationship which lasted so long that he would have to buy his boyfriend Chrismtas presents. What was Joonmyun going to do when it came to Valentines Day or Jongdae's birthday? 

"What about a watch he's been eyeing up in a shop recently?" Minseok suggested as Joonmyun spent an evening out with his friends before all of them would inevitably be caught up in the holiday rush in a matter of time. 

"I was thinking that as well. But of course the idiot had to go buy it for himself as some sort of treat to spend his holiday bonus on because his Christmas shopping was finished already" Joonmyun replied 
"How about tying a bow onto your head and saying you're his present?" Baekhyun suggested. Though the idea was stupid, Joonmyun was actually thinking of not ruling it out if the worst came to be and he couldn't think of anything else. 

"Don't even think about it. Don't ever think about doing it Joonmyun" Minseok quickly interjected "How anybody would like that as a present is beyond me, I would kill Sehun if he ever did that to me". Okay, maybe ruling it out was the best idea for now. Especially because Joonmyun knew that if Minseok found out he had done it he would have to face his wrath and that is not something he wanted to be doing. 

"I never finished explaining the context in which Joonmyun would be Jongdae's present" Baekhyun piped up after Minseok's mini rant, making everybody, including Chanyeol, look at him with a mix of wide eyes and concerned expressions on their faces. Yep, their friend definitely worried the group sometimes. Even his own boyfriend was concerned for just how Baekhyun's mind worked half the time. 

 

 

By the time Joonmyun had finished up with his friends that night, he was no closer to finding a present for Jongdae than he had been previously. Christmas Day was not that far away and if he didn't act soon everything was going to be sold out and Joonmyun would find himself in the sticky situation of having to explain to Jongdae why he was such a horrible boyfriend who hadn't managed to get him a present. All of this was making Joonmyun panic just that little bit inside. 

Stepping through the front door, the light from the living room caught Joonmyun's attenton as he entered to Jongdae shushing him with a sleeping Jongin cuddled up onto his lap, hugging his waist. 

Joonmyun had invited Jongdae out with him, they could have easly gotten a babysitter for Jongin, but Jongdae didn't want to. It wasn't to avoid Joonmyun's friends or anything like that, he just didn't feel like going out and it gave him the perfect opportunity to have some actual quality time with Jongin which wasn't spent with other children from the nursery or with Joonmyun as the three of them spent an evening together over dinner and watching a film or two before Jongin's bedtime. 

"What's he still doing here?" Joonmyun asked quietly, smiling at the sight of the two of them cuddled up like so 
"He wanted to stay up and wait for you to get home. I had to watch a load of Christmas films for like the millionth time in my life, but I don't mind. It's actually quite nice, having him sleep on me like this" Jongdae explained as Joonmyun softly ran his hand through Jongin's hair. 

"I can put him to bed if you like. Finally free you from him" he offered 
"No it's fine, I'll do it" Jongdae replied, taking care when getting up to not rouse the boy from his sleep. Waiting for Joonmyun to kiss Jongin on the forehead and wish him a goodnight did he finally put the boy to bed. Joonmyun may or may not have followed from behind and gushed over how sweet the scene had looked. 

Thinking back over the scene of coming home to Jongdae and Jongin waiting for him, Joonmyun liked it a lot. He wished that he could just come home to it more often because it looked so right and it felt like a perfect home setting for him.  

Over the past few weeks, Jongdae had been staying over a lot more than what he had been previously. Over these past few weeks, Joonmyun was able to notice just how much of a prescence Jongdae was becoming in his and Jongin's home life; each and every time he stayed over, Joonmyun was finding more and more of Jongdae's clothing begin to fill his wardrobe. Jongin was having somebody else besides his dad tuck him into bed and read him a bedtime story and he liked this change. The most important one of them all, in Joonmyun's opinion, was how Jongdae had brought over a toothbrush for himself to keep so that Joonmyu didn't have to waste any money on him to buy one. 

It wasn't until Joonmyun was sat up in bed reading and Jongdae was drifting off asleep beside him did the idea pop into his head. Why hadn't he even considered this earlier on? It was a brilliant idea! Thinking about it, a smile had spread across Joonmyun's face for he had finally found the perfect gift for Jongdae! He couldn't wait until he revealed what it was to the guy himself... 


Okay, this authors note is going to be used as an announcement. Now, what is this announcement? The mini story sequel for this is happening. It's going to be a different 'story' in itself because it would be too much to add as little bonus chapters at the end of this. So this is where you guys come in; 

What mini stories would you like to have in this sequel? Re-reading this fic, are there any parts you liked or any parts you would like to me to expand on as a little story in itself? Comment below and I'll be happy to try and make them a part of the fic if I can!! :D 

Until the next chapter!