Bonus Chapter: Squishy

Trying

Watching his dad leave, Jongin promised himself that he would not cry and would not try going after his dad. He promised his dad that he was going to be a big boy and he was going to enjoy his first day at nursery. Watching his dad's figure get smaller and smaller though, Jongin was not feeling as excited as he did this morning.

He told himself that he was going to have an awesome day and that he was going to make lots of new friends. From what his dad had told him, nursery was a gret place to play with other children around his own age. Stood where his dad had said goodbye to him, and seeing how all the other children were already playing with each other and ignoring him, Jongin had the sudden urge to just run back to his dad and beg him to take him home.

"Ah, you must be Jongin" as a young male crouched down in front of him and smiled, Jongin leaning against the wall and shying away from him
"Don't be shy. I'm your teacher, Jongdae, you excited for your first day?" he asked as Jongin shook his head
"I wan't my daddy" he replied as Jongdae smiled and nodded his head.

"I know you do, but he's got to go to work otherwise he won't be able to take care of you properly" he replied, slowly standing up and holding out his hand
"You want to go meet your new classmates?" he asked and waited for Jongin to take his hand before he was led into the classroom.

 

 

Jongin was sat at a table with three other people; two girls who seemed interested in each other and talking about their favorite groups or their favourite dolls, an a boy who just sat there staring at everyone else in the room. Realising that he was probably going to be the only person he had a good chance of speaking to, Jongin decided to be the one to introduce himself.

"H-hello" he said shyly as the boy turned and faced him
"I'm Jongin, what's your name?" but the boy said nothing, instead just continued staring at him. Looking at the boy, Jongin first noticed how big his eyes were and how they reminded him of an owl. Next was the boy's lips and how they were almost shaped like a heart. Overall, Jongin thought the boy looked squishable... and far more cuter than himself with his mass of dark hair and dark skin.

"Well until you tell me your name, I am going to call you Squishy" he concluded and stuck by the boy throughout the day for as much as he possibly could.

 

 

It was during playtime where 'Squishy' first spoke to Jongin. Other children in the nursery were off playing with each other and stuck in their own games or doing other different activites. Jongin was playig by himself, sat in the corner with various action figures surrounding him. Every once in a while he could be heard making sound effects and raising his voice slightly when something was about to happen.

Squishy was still sat at the table all by himself, having had nobody else ask him if he wanted to play with them. Throughout the morning, Jongin had tried to have a conversation with him various times, other times Jongin just sat there speaking to him and didn't really care if Squishy replied or not. Watching him play with his figures, Squishy got up from his seat and began walking over, tapping Jongin on the shoulder.

"Squishy! You want to play?" Jongin asked, looking around and handing him two action figures
"You can help me defend the fort from the bad guys" he added and continued to play whilst Squishy sat there holding the figures and watched him.

"Aren't you going to help?" Jongin asked 
"My name is not Squishy" the boy finally replied as Jongin's eyes widened before he smiled
"What is you name then?" he asked as Squishy moved to where Jongin wanted him to be.

"Kyungsoo" he finally replied and with that, the two boys began to play, Jongin finally knowing the name of his new friend.

After that day the two practically became inseparable. They were always seen sat together, playing together, eating their lunch together and not once argued over anything unless it was who was going to be the hero and who was going to be the bad guy in their various adventures with the action figures. There were times where the two of them found themselves getting into slight trouble- Jongin more than Kyungsoo- but that was only because they were defending each other from other kids who picked on them. (Again, Jongin more than Kyungsoo)

All his dad ever heard about was this Kyungsoo boy that Jongin always seemed to be going on about. When asking Jongin how his day went, Joonmyun was willing to bet that somewhere in there, if not throughout the whole of Jongin's story, that there would be some mention of his new friend.

 

 

"What is love?" Kyungsoo asked on the evening of Jongin coming to stay over his house, the two of them lying down in the tent that he had been set up in the living room and were waiting for Kyungsoo's step dad to come back.

"I... I don't know" Jongin replied, frowning when he tried to think of an answer
"My mummy told me it was different depending on the type of person. Like how a mummy or daddy love their child, or how two people can love each other" Kyungsoo explained as Jongin turned his head to face his friend.

"Does that also count with friends?" he asked as Kyungsoo thought about it
"I'm not sure" he replied, frowning. The two of them laid there like this for a moment before Jongin smacked his hands on Kyungsoo's cheeks and began squeezing them, making the latter jump and let out a little scream.

"What are you doing?" he asked, slapping Jongin's hands away
"You're squishy" Jongin replied with a laugh, trying to continue in his previous actions whilst Kyungsoo tried to escape, the two of them continuing to do so before Kyungsoo's step dad finally rejoined them to break it up and get them two to settle down and go to bed.

Jongin still had the tendency to call Kyungsoo "Squishy". He liked to think of it as a nickname he would give to his friend and liked how Kyungsoo would get teasy and often demand that he stopped calling him that. "Why do you think I told you my real name?" he would often say, but was always quick to forgive his friend whenever he began begging for forgiveness with a pout threatening to escape. Jongin was just waiting for the day Kyungsoo was going to give him a nickname for himself...


There's too much fluff in this chapter... why did I write this much fluff?

And trust me, for those waiting for SuChen action... you wont have to wait for much longer!

Until the next chapter and Happy New Year!!!