The perfect family

Trying

Though it wasn't needed, Jongin basically demmanded that Jongdae stayed with him and Joonmyun for Christmas Day. Jongdae didn't mind and actually agreed to it rather quickly; he would only have spent Christmas Day at his parents for lunch and then back home alone like he had previously, so why the hell not? 

With Christmas Eve finally arriving, it meant only one day left until Christmas Day, and at this did Jongin become excited. Very excited for that matter. Joonmyun had never seen him like this before and didn't know how to react! If he got this excited over Christmas when he was Jongin's age, then he felt sorry for his parents. How had they managed to cope? 

"Ah leave him to it" Jongdae said, watching over Jongin was busy preparing the snacks he was going to leave out for Santa and his reindeers, seeking some quick confirmation from Joonmyun that he would help him write a letter before continuing with his task. 

"I've never seen him this excited before though. I'm actually quite worried" Joonmyun voiced as Jongdae laughed and shook his head 
"What, you were never like that as a kid? Relax Joonmyun, every child his age is like this" he explained "And besides, it's also his first Christmas with you and probably a Christmas he has probably been able to enjoy if you think about it". 

Of course Joonmyun thought about it; he always thought about how Jongin spent brithdays and Christmas' when he lived with his mum. Was he fully able to enjoy them as a child his age should be allowed to? Or did he not do so because he perhaps feared how his mum would react? These questions and more always plagued Joonmyun's mind when given the chance to.  

"Can I put this under the tree?" Jongin asked, holding the plate of food out in front of him, snapping Joonmyun out of his thoughts as he nodded his head and watched as Jongin sped past him and placed the plate directly underneath the tree so that it would be the first thing Santa saw upon arriving. Sitting down and making sure that his dad had helped him to write the perfect letter did Jongin feel satisfied enough to go to bed. 

With a promise, though he wasn't sure he was going to keep it, that he wouldn't wake up too early in the morning, Jongin gave Joonmyun one last hug and trotted off back to his room with Jongdae following him to tuck him in and tell him a story. Watching from the doorway, Joonmyun's heart melted at the scene; Jongdae lying on top of the blankets with Jongin tucked in and cuddling up against him, listening intently at the story Jongdae was currently reading from the book in his hands. 

Watching, Joonmyun made up his mind that he wished for this more often. He definitely wanted Jongdae around a lot more than what he was so that he could experience more scenes like this and so could Jongin. They were both happy together and a lot happier with Jongdae in the picture and with that in mind, Joonmyun was certain he had made the right choice and left Jongdae and Jongin alone. 

 

 

Returning to the living room a lot later than what he thought he would, Jongdae walked in laughing and shaking his head
"He was too excited to go to sleep. I had to read him another two stories and sing him something before he went to sleep" he explained 
"I never knew you could sing" Joonmyun pointed out as Jongdae shrugged his shoulders. 

"I don't think I'm that good" 
"I'll be the judge of that, you'll have to sing for me sometime" Joonmyun demmanded, pointing a finger at Jongdae and trying his best to make a serious face, but failed miserably. 

Jongdae insisted that whilst Jongin was sleeping it would the opportune time to get the Christmas presents, place them under the tree and then eat the snacks and leave a note for him especially from Santa. Joonmyun however had other ideas and pulled Jongdae down next to him figuring that if he didn't do it now he wouldn't be able to get the time to do it tomorrow. 

"I wanted to give you your present now" he said 
"It's Christmas Eve Joonmyun. By giving it to me now that kind of beats the objective of Christmas Day" Jongdae replied 
"I know! But I gathered that tomorrow I won't have any time and with Jongin in bed and nobody to interrupt us, this would be a good time" Joonmyun quickly explained, pulling a box out of his pocket and handing it over to Jongdae. 

Frowning, Jongdae opened the box and Joonmyun watched as his frown deepened when he pulled out a key and held it in his palm 
"What's this for?" he asked 
"W-well it's a key to the house" Joonmyun began "See, you're always asking to come over here a lot a-and me and Jongin love having you over, in fact I think it's our favorite time of the week because the three of us are together like a mini family and-" Joonmyun stopped himself when he realised he was rambling on and took a deep breath in to compose himself before he continued. 

"What I'm trying to say is that with this key you don't need to ask to come over, y-you can just come whenever you want and one day, maybe, you can actually move in" 

Seeing Jongdae's frown be replaced with shock, Joonmyun didn't know if this was a good idea or maybe Jongdae was going to freak out and think they were moving way to fast and that giving him a key to the house was moving way too fast in their relationship. He was ver much relieved when he saw a smile make its way across Jongdae's face. 

"Y-you're really giving me a key to the place?" he asked 
"Well yeah. Like I said; me and Jongin love having you here with us and I wanted to do this as a sign to say that you're always welcome here" Joonmyun explained "I-I know it's probably not the best gift to get you, but you went and bought that watch! Then I saw you and Jongin and how much you guys had bonded and-" 

Jongdae wanted to have the chance to speak, but Joonmyun was not giving it to him. To shut him up, he had to place a finger onto his lips and actually shush him before he smiled and took his finger away. 

"I love it Joonmyun, it's perfect" laughing at the disbelief on Joonmyun's face when he told him so 
"Really?"
"Really. It's probably one of the best presents I've ever recieved. Thank you". 

Just like that, Joonmyun was being pulled in for a kiss which he was glad to return. Breaking the kiss, Jongdae wrapped his arms tightly around Joonmyun who smiled and hugged him back straight away. If that was not a solid confirmation that Jongdae loved his gift, then he didn't know what was. 

Eventually getting up to retrieve the presents to put under the tree, the smile on Joonmyun's lips just wouldn't go away. In the beginning, he never would have imagined he would ever be a dad, and yet there he was with Jongin. Sure they didn't have the best of starts but now Joonmyun wouldn't regret a thing about it. Being with Jongdae and having Jongin with them, watching the two of them bond, it was like he had his own perfect little family, something he never would have dreamed of having, but something he was very much going to enjoy throughout his life...