Shock

Trying

Running towards the children's ward, Joonmyun could not calm himself down. Even though he knew that if he ran into the room Jongin was being kept in, panicking and demanding to know what happened would scare the poor child, Joonmyun just couldn't help it. Poor Jongin had suffered an accident without his dad there to comfort him or reassure him that everything was going to be alright... he had the right to be feeling was he was!

Turning down the corner, he found Jongdae pacing the hallway, shouting his name as he ran down to meet him
"What happened? Is he alright? Is it life threatening?" Joonmyun kept shooting questions like such at Jongdae until Jongdae was able to calm him down and shush him just a tiny bit.

"You need to calm down" he said
"Calm down? My son is in there and you're tell me to calm down?" Joonmyun asked as Jongdae gripped him by the shoulders and shook him slightly.

"If you go in there acting like you are out here you are going to scare him even more! Now, if you want me to explain what had happened please just calm down" and giving him a moment or so to compose himself, Jongdae waited until Joonmyun had signaled to him that he was calm enough and ready to hear what had happened.

"Basically we decided to have a sort of world food day where we get the kids to try different foods from countries around the world we would be teaching them about" he began before sighing "Jongin ate something with nuts in it and I couldn't get it away from him in time. We got the epipen as soon as he started having a reaction, I just brought him here because we were worried about what would happen next; not knowing if it was something to worry about or if the reaction was severe".

Hearing Jongdae's explanation, Joonmyun wanted to laugh. Hearing the story over, it kind of reminded him of how he had reacted the first time he found out about Jongin's allergy.

"Where is he now?" he asked as Jongdae pointed to the room across from them
"In there. The doctor's just checking him over. I told him I was going to be out here waiting for you" he replied as Joonmyun thanked him and waited until the doctor had finished checking up on Jongin before he was allowed to go into the room himself.

 

 

Opening the door, Joonmyun found himself hesitating to walk into the room. That was before Jongdae told him to get his in there and nudged him in, shutting the door as Joonmyun fell forward. Looking up, he found Jongin staring at him with big eyes and a pout on his lips before he began to cry and held his arms out for his dad.

Straight away Joonmyun was by his side and hugging him. All the time he was reassuring Jongin that he was fine and it was just a minor event that he could put behind him, but even he could see just how scared the boy was and how scary it would have been to have gone through all of that all by himself without his dad by his side.

Being kept in for one more hour, Jongin was eventually allowed to go home with Joonmyun being reassured that there was nothing to worry about. Nevertheless, Joonmyun made sure to have Jongin sleep next to him at night so he could keep checking up on him throughout the night, even opting to let Jongin miss the rest of the week away from nursery so he could rest and fully recover.

Joonmyun would have liked to have been with Jongin for the rest of the week, however he was only allowed two days off at the most and the rest of the time Jongin had to spend his day at his grandparents house. It wasn't all doom and gloom for Jongin though; he quite enjoyed being spoiled rotten by his grandparents and then going home to be spoiled even further by his dad. In fact, he wished that could happen to him more often if asked.

A particular highlight to Jongin's week was when Joonmyun had announced that Kyungsoo would be coming round on Friday after nursery had finished. It got even better when Joonmyun also said he would be staying for dinner whilst his mum and step-dad went out for a while. Jongin could hardly contain his excitement, he hadn't seen Kyungsoo since the day he was taken to hospital and when the two of them were reunited, almost knocked each other over such was the force of their hug.

"Do I have to wear this?" Jongin asked, tugging at the bandage wrapped around his arm that Kyungsoo had made out of toilet roll
"Yes! And if you take it off you won't get better" Kyungsoo exclaimed, light smacking Jongin's hand before proceeding to stick a toy thermometer into his mouth. Watching from the sidelines, Joonmyun couldn't help but laugh at the two of them and left them to it. Whatever made the two of them happy!

 

 

"He looks so cute when he's sleeping" Jongdae whispered that night, watching from the doorway as Joonmyun went in to quickly check up on Jongin before ushering the two of them back into the living room before they accidently woke him up.

"You wouldn't have been saying that if you were here earlier. I think he tired himself up playing with Kyungsoo all evening" he replied as Jongdae laughed and promptly made himself comfortable, waiting for Joonmyun to finish cleaning up the last of his dishes before joining him. For most of the week, Jongdae had been visiting once he knew that it was an hour past Jongin's bed time and the boy was surely going to be sleeping by then. After the events of the week, late into the night was the only time which the two of them could make to see each other.

"So I told my parents that I was seeing someone" Jongdae said as Joonmyun hummed and waited for him to continue
"I think they were more excited to here that than I was when I first began dating you! Now they're insisting on meeting you" as Joonmyun nodded his head.

"Sure... but not straight away. We should give it some time before I meet your parents" as Jongdae nodded his head
"Duh! It's not as if I'm going to force you to do it straight away" smiling when Joonmyun rested his head against his shoulder and rubbed his eyes.

"I've been thinking, at the hospital and throughout the week" he began "We can't keep doing this; all the meetings in your office and late night meetings here. It's only a matter of time before we slip up and rumours begin to spread and it's not fair on Jongin if he gets caught up in this. Which is why I was thinking of, in the near future, having you over for the weekend so we could both sit down and explain the situation to him", waiting in silence for Jongdae to take the news in before he spoke up again.

"We're going to have to do a raink check on that. This weekend I'm helping a friend of mine move house and the weekend after I'm visiting my grandparents who live just outside of the city" Jongdae finally said, his comment making Joonmyun snort.

"You don't ask for much do you?"
"Just give me a time and date, I'll be there" Jongdae replied, leaning down to place a kiss on Joonmyun's lips.

In the meantime, Joonmyun had time to actually prepare himself for the day. He didn't have to worry though, he was certain that Jongdae was going to be there to help him where he struggled... what could possibly go wrong?


You see? Nothing to worry about at all! And here most of you were thinking that something terribly wrong had happened

*tuts*

So in the next chapter or so I'm thinking about returning one of the earlier, let's call them minor, characers of the fic. And there will also be another reappearance of Joonmyun's... lovely, friends as well...

Until then!!