Heart to heart

Trying

The first sight to greet Joonmyun upon returning to the nursery was a very guilty looking Jongin sat outside his classroom. Not even a second after noticing that his dad was there did Jongin's eyes widen and he quickly turned around his seat, refusing to look Joonmyun in the eyes.

"Jongin you know this is not how you si-" Jongdae began, but was cut short when he saw Joonmyun
"If you could follow me please" stepping aside so that Joonmyun could enter the office.

Taking his seat, Joonmyun was sat there by himself for a moment whilst Jongdae left to correct Jongin as to how he should be sitting. Hearing the door shut behind him, he waited for Jongdae to return in his eyeline before he finally paid attention to what was going on and why he had been called in.

"We apologise for calling you in, especially this early, but well" Jongdae began, waving his arms about to try and find the words before sighing
"Jongin got into a fight with another child" and Joonmyun had to hold back the gasp that threatened to escape. Who knew that Jongin was so capable of getting into a fight so serious that he had to be called in?

"Now we don't usually call in parents if children had silly little fights or arguments because we're able to deal with the situation there and then. With Jongin, well, first of all it started off with shouting between him and the other child involved, then Jongin picked up one of the lego blocks he had been playing with and chucked it at the boy where it hit him on the forehead. Jongin then proceeded to push the boy to the floor and jumped on top off him however nothing more could be done before we pulled him away"

Oh wow

Thinking it over, Joonmyun just couldn't comprehend the idea of Jongin doing this to someone. No, he couldn't comprehend the idea of Jongin ever being this violent towards somebody, especially at his age!

"We've tried to sit him down and get his side of the story, but he's refusing to co-operate and with the severity of what he had done we had no choice but to call you" Jongdae added as Joonmyun nodded his head, clearing his throat.

"Y-yes of course" he began and ran a hand through his hair "I'll take it from here and I'll see if I can get something out of him"

Joonmyun knew that as soon as he and Jongin stepped out of the nursery, every little bit of parenting skills he had managed to muster together in the short period of time being a father was about to be put to the test...

 

 

The drive back to the house was the most quiet it had been between the two of them so far. All Jongin had done since getting into the car was look down at his hands and hadn't muttered a single word since he muttered the quietest of apologies to Jongdae before he was allowed to go.

Joonmyun knew that he was going to have to talk to Jongin about this at some point. He couldn't exactly drag this out any longer, otherwise he was never going to get anywhere with the boy.

"Jongin" he tried and straight away Jongin's head whipped up
"He started it! He wouldn't shut up s-so I finished it!" Jongin shouted back straight away and with a sigh, Joonmyun pulled towards the side of the road before turning to Jongin.

"Right, first of all you're going to calm down and when I ask you what happened you're going to explain it to me without shouting like that again, okay?" and gave Jongin a moment to compose himself before he pressed forward.

"Now, can you tell me please why I got called in about you getting into a fight?"
"Me and Kyungsoo were playing with the Lego a-and this boy started picking on Kyungsoo and called him names. I-I told him to shut up but he kept doing it s-so I chucked the Lego block at him" Jongin began but stopped when Joonmyun let out a little groan. 

"Jongin"
"It wasn't suppose to hit him on the head!" Jongin shouted but quickly shut his lips when he remembered what Joonmyun had told him previously before he began to speak again.

"So then he started picking on me a-and started saying stuff about my mummy. H-he said that his mummy told his daddy that I was with you because mummy couldn't cope and s-she didn't like me. I knew he was right, but I wanted him to shut up, s-so I pushed him-" and that was all Jongin could muster before his bottom lip started quivering and he began to silently cry.

"Oh Jongin" Joonmyun muttered and, with great difficulty, climbed over to the back of the car to sit nex to Jongin. For a second he wasn't quite sure on how to react to Jongin's tears. In fact, he wasn't sure on how to react to what Jongin had told him; the fact that other parents were gossiping about him and his mother, how Jongin could have possibly known at his age tha his mum didn't want him... if it was possible!

"Come on now, stop crying" as he ran his thumbs across Jongin's cheeks to capture his tears
"Don't listen to that boy, okay? He said some very silly things and you should never believe those things" he began, lifting Jongin out of his car seat and onto his lap to gently hug him as Jongin's little arms wound around his neck.

"The next time he or anybody else says something mean to you, tell the teacher. That also goes for somebody picking on Kyungsoo. Of course you do know that because of what you did, I will have to punish you. That means limited television time and and earlier bedtime for the next two weeks at lease, okay?" 
"Okay" Jongin muttered as Joonmyun fastened him back into his car seat.

"Now stop your crying and cheer up, I hate seeing you so sad" before he ruffled Jongin's hair and climbed back to the front seat, grinning when he heard Jongin whine and caught him fixing his messed up hair.

Deciding that there had been enough drama for the two of them for one afternoon, Joonmyun decided that instead of going home, the two of them deserved to at least have some sort of fun time!

"Where are we going?" Jongin asked, frowning when he realised that the scenary outside the window was beginning to change
"I thought the two of us could do with some time out to enjoy ourselves. How does a burger sound?" he asked as Jongin pulled a face and shook his head.

"Pizza please" he called out causing Joonmyun to laugh, resulting in Jongin letting out a giggle
"Alright, pizza it is" he replied and began driving to the nearest pizzeria the city had to offer.

This was more like it!


So this will carry on into the next chapter where we will be finding out a lot about Jongin and his home life with his mum previously. There may also be a special appearance from another EXO member... if I'm nice enough...

And don't worry about Suchen interractions and also Kaisoo. We're, what, three chapters into this fic? We've got plenty of time! I've also thought of a chapter for future reference which, when it comes to writing, you will probably love a lot!

So yeah, a lot to look forward too!

Until the next chapter!!