Definitely not the alcohol

Trying

Turns out that Jongdae only lived about two streets away from Joonmyun. Ideal for Joonmyun; if the two of them were going to be drinking he could just walk home and then come back for his car in the morning when the alcohol had managed to pass through his system.

"Sorry about the mess. If I had known that I was actually bringing somebody back I would have cleaned up" Jongdae said, leading Joonmyun into his living room
"It's fine. I'm not a particularly clean person myself" Joonmyun replied as Jongdae nodded his head and dashed off to the kitchen to grab the drinks and wine.

Looking around, Jongdae's apartment wasn't exactly as big as the one Joonmyun lived in, however it was just as cosy as Joonmyun's looked. The television was just the right size, there was a goldfish tank in the corner of the room with two fish to call it their home and all across his walls were pictures of Jongdae with various friends and family members. Joonmyun even came across a picture of Jongdae holding a baby and making a face to the camera whilst the baby is crying in his arms, the image making Joonmyun smile.

"Ah, that was a day after my niece was brought home from the hospital" he said, placing the drinks and glasses onto the coffee table
"Makes me wish I was there for Jongin's birth" Joonmyun replied as Jongdae sat down and patted the space next to him for Joonmyun to come join.

"You may have missed that, but now you're here to witness and begin more cherished memories with him. Think of it that way" he said, handing Joonmyun a glass and opening the bottle of wine
"You're always so positive" Joonmyun commented as Jongdae raised an eyebrow. 

"Is that a bad thing?" he asked
"N-no! No. I just said it because even amongst my friends, Chanyeol is the happiest amongst us and yet sometimes he can be quite the pessimist that's all" Joonmyun quickly clarified, his expression making Jongdae laugh.

"Relax Joonmyun, I'm just messing with you" and Joonmyun tried to laugh himself, but was failing in trying to find the fun side of things
"Sorry.  I just... panic, I guess, when people pretend to mess with me and I don't know it" he replied, taking a swig of his drink and quickly fanning himself when he felt his face begin to heat up.

 

 

If Joonmyun and Jongdae were meant to be chatting whilst they sat there drinking, Joonmyun had no idea on what. It was easier to go out drinking with his friends and have a decent conversation- there would be catching up to do, gossip to spread, the usual. With Jongdae, that was more difficult to do. After all, the two did see each other for five days a week when Joonmyun dropped Jongin to and from the nursery. What would there be to discuss besides Jongin and how well he was currently doing?

So caught up in his thoughts, Joonmyun was unable to catch Jongdae place his drink on the coffee table and just sit there staring at him. Staring at how his forehead creased whenever Joonmyun frowned, how his lips puckered forward just a little as he sat there thinking through his options, how his finger tapped the glass to a rythm that seemed to exist only in Joonmyun's mind.

"Has anyone ever told you how handsome you are?" he finally asked, his question finally being able to snap Joonmyun out of his trance
"U-uh members of my family when they haven't seen me for a long time and they're shocked as to how much I've changed" Joonmyun replied and placed his drink onto the table himself before it slipped out of his hands where they began to sweat.

"Is that it?" Jongdae asked
"And my parents and friends, but they only do that because they have to don't they?" Joonmyun replied as Jongdae shrugged his shoulders and took another sip of his drink before setting it down.

"Well if it's worthwhile, I think you're handsome. Very handsome for that matter" he said as Joonmyun ducked his head and began to blush
"Th-thanks" he replied and the two momentarily sat there in silence before Jongdae began to laugh, his actions making Joonmyun look back up and frown at him.

"You really are inexperienced with this aren't you?" he asked
"I-I don't know what you're talking about" Joonmyun replied, still confused as to why Jongdae was still laughing.

"You must be inexperienced if you're failing to realise it when a guy is trying to make a move on you". Joonmyun failed to find the humour that Jongsae was expressing through his words, especially as he sat there trying to gather whether he had heard Jongdae correctly or it was his mind making it all up.

"Y-you... me... y-you're trying to make a move on me?" Joonmyun asked
"Yeah! Ever since I first met you... okay, maybe not that far back. Though I wasn't getting my hopes up because you have Jongin and if you had a son then that meant you obviously had with a woman which made me think your were straight" Jongdae could hear himself begin to ramble on, momentarily pausing to catch his breath and calm down before he continued.

"Then you slipped out that you were gay and I honestly thought I was dreaming, but then I realised you were being truthful... I guess it was a matter of actually trying to show you I liked you without freaking you out. Then there was the incident at the bar and though I can't remember much from that night, I remember when we both fell onto your sofa and I called you cute... and I guess I meant it then, even if I was drunk".

Joonmyun did not know how to react to this. Sure, he often wondered on how it would feel to have someone confess to him and tell him they liked him... but he always thought that it would be him who did the confessing and not somebody else! He didn't know how to feel, how to act, what to say. Whatever he did next was going to be due to the pure fear of how he should be reacting to Jongdae's words.

"This... this is definitely the alcohol" he said beginning to laugh himself, though out of nerves more than anything
"I can assure you I'm perfectly sober" Jongdae replied as Joonmyun gradually began to stop laughing and realised that he was indeed sober, remembering on what he would have looked like if he was drunk.

"A-and you're not messing with me?" he asked as Jongdae's eyes widened and he shook his head
"No! Of course not! I'm being serious, I like you and I've liked you for so long... why do you think I pulled you out to the dancefloor at that club? Or why I found numerous excuses to speak to you and pull you into my office?" he replied and Joonmyun noticed how much closer the latter of the two had moved, closing the gap between the two of them.

"I-I-" but Joonmyun didn't have the chance to say anything else, especially when Jongdae's lips were firmly planted on his. Joonmyun couldn't even remember the last time he had kissed someone, so much so that as Jongdae sat there doing just that he froze. Completely froze. Remained frozen until Jongdae had finally pulled away and looked at him with a frown.

"Not exactly the reaction I was expecting" he muttered
"W-well what were you expecting? I-I haven't exactly kissed somebody for a while!" Joonmyun exclaimed, watching as Jongdae raised an eyebrow
"Really? Well then, how about.... how about you kiss me back... and then judge whether you've missed kissing someone for a long time or not" he suggested and Joonmyun wanted to scoff, wanted to push him away and tell him he was crazy. He wanted to do just that and yet he was doing the exact opposite as he grabbed a fistful of Jongdae's shirt and pulled him in for another kiss. 

The kiss started of slow. At first Joonmyun was hesitant to really do anything, it was until he began to relax did things began to speed up, especially when Jongdae had removed his shirt and Joonmyun had no intention of stopping him. Meanwhile Joonmyun's hands wondered underneath Jongdae's shirt and rested on his waist, doing nothing more. So impatient had Jongdae become that he actually pulled away to pull off his own shirt, giving Joonmyun the opportunity to quickly graze his eyes over his body before the kiss resumed.

This time Jongdae wanted more. Joonmyun didn't seem to mind when he ran his finger his hair and grabbed a load. He didn't seem to mind when Jongdae was sort of half straddling, half sitting on his lap. If Joonmyun didn't mind, then Jongdae just continued with what he had been doing previously. Gently running his hands up and down his body, Joonmyun could feel the goosebumps beginning to rise. The realisation of what was going on only hit him when he felt Jongdae shudder against him and break the kiss to release a shuddering breath. Only then did he pull himself away and shake his head.

"What's wrong?" Jongdae asked
"I-I'm not ready" Joonmyun replied and turned himself away, his actions making Jongdae begin to panic on the inside.

"H-hey that's okay! We don't have to rush into anthing you don't want to do!" he quickly replied as Joonmyun shook his head
"I didn't mean that I meant that I'm not ready for a relationship... I don't know, I guess I'm just scared of doing something which will screw it up" he clarified 
"But you won't screw it up. I know you won't" Jongdae tried but Joonmyun was still having his doubts.

"And I have a kid! It's not like I can give my attention to you all the time"
"I love kids! Why do you think I decided to become a nursery teacher?" Jongdae asked before laughing "Joonmyun, I'm not asking you to give your attention to me all the time. I don't care if you give like ninety-five percent of your attention to Jongin and the remaining five to me, I really don't".

"You're intent on making me believe this will work aren't you?" Joonmyun asked, making Jongdae laugh
"That's because I've never liked a guy so much before in my life" he replied as Joonmyun rested his head on his shoulder, partly to hide his blush, and could feel Jongdae's fingers slowly move through his hair. For the first time in a long time, he felt as though his life was finally going the way he wanted it...


You guys better understand how much it took for me to right this chapter! I feel so ill right now but I couldn't hold off this chapter any longer because I've been wanting to write it for so long! Here it is! With a nice little make out and over 1500 words just for your pleasure. This is how kind I am being to you guys.

Now that this chapter is over, I'm gonna go to bed now and rest... don't count on an update within the next day or two...

Until then!!