Bonus Chapter: When ChanHun babysat Jongin

Trying

Promising Joonmyun that his home and son would still be in tact by the time he returned, Chanyeol was able to push him out the door- with the help of Jongdae pulling at him at the same time- whilst Sehun sat in the living room with the kid tugging on his arm and jumping up and down, begging him to show him more dance moves like he had done the last time he was over.

"I'm beginning to regret ever agreeing to do this" Sehun muttered
"Dude, you've only been here for just under five minutes and you're already complaining. Do you really hate kids that much?" Chanyeol asked however didn't press on when he saw the look that Sehun shot him.

 

 

Having given up any hope of having Sehun teach him again, Jongin quickly moved onto Chanyeol. He wasn't much of a dancer and Jongin learnt pretty quickly that it would be better just to stay stationary rather than teach Chanyeol some easy- he swear they are- moves he had learnt from his ballet lessons. Though just as tall as Sehun, Chanyeol was just as clumsy. With every spin he fell to the floor and with every jump he would get closer and closer to stepping onto Jongin's foot.

"Ow! Chanyeol watch it!" Jongin whined when Chanyeol, had finally, stepped on his foot and began to instantly apologise, even bending down to rub the pain away! Sehun could only stand and watch from the doorway, laughing as Jongin suggested that perhaps it was best if the two of them stopped what they were doing for now and moved onto something else before Chanyeol hurt him again. 

"No! The villain cant just go into the bakery like that when he's in the middle of robbing a bank!" Jongin exclaimed 
"Well the bad guy cant go rob a bank on an empty stomach can he?" Chanyeol retorted and Jongin was about to argue back however after thinking Chanyeol's words through a few more times, somewhere in the back of his mind it made sense and allowed the villain to carry on eating back at the bakery before he really was needed at the back. Who else was going to rob it? 

Sehun just stood there shaking his head, watching them for just a bit longer before he resigned himself to the living room to take full advantage of Chanyeol and Jongin being preoccupied at that moment in time. He wouldn't exactly say he was being lazy, he was just there to support Chanyeol if anything went wrong... from a very large distance.

With Jongin and Chanyeol off doing their own thing, it gave Sehun a chance to go snooping around his friend's house when he wouldn't have been able to before. What? It wasn't as if Joonmyun would mind- so long as Sehun put everything he pulled out back where it belonged- it wasn't as if he had anything to hide. Starting with the living room, Sehun would stumble across the ocassional photo Joonmyun had stored away of the group when they were still in school, at one point even coming across a photo album containing pictures of their final year at school, managing to bring a smile to Sehun's face over the fond memories. Continuing in this fashion he would find some old children's movies which, whilst the thing of their childhood, wouldn't be of much entertainment to Jongin and his generation. 

When Sehun was bored of the living room he moved onto to different rooms until he was rummaging his way through Joonmyun's bedroom. Okay, maybe by this point he was willing to admit he was being just a bit too nosy but he was just so intrigued about Joonmyun and what he got up to when he wasn't at work or with his friends. 

"Daddy said that being nosy is naughty" came a voice, stilling Sehun as he turned to see Jongin stood in the doorway to the room. Though he wasn't exactly the best around children, he knew that they were prone to playing a game of tattle tale when it needed to be, he also knew how to get away with it, having had to deal with Minseok's niece on several occassions. 

"I will let you stay up for an extra ten minutes past your bedtime if you promise not to tell your dad" 

At the prospect of being able to stay up longer without his dad finding out, and being able to watch more Pororo than what he would daily, Jongin was going to accept the deal and promise Sehun that when the time came he was going to do well in pretending that he had no idea what was going on. 

"I'm hungry" Chanyeol muttered, joining Sehun and Jongin in the hallway as he rubbed his belly 
"Let's have pizza! Daddy said that the two of you would cook me pizza for dinner!" Jongin exclaimed excitedly as Chanyeol turned to Sehun and nudged his head into the direction of the kitchen. 

"Get going then" 
"W-why do I have to do it?" Sehun exclaimed 
"Because I spent the last hour or so keeping the boy occupied, think of this as you making it up to me... that and I am a terrible cook". 

Sehun would have to agree with Chanyeol on that one; his friend was indeed a terrible cook. Even when it came to cooking microwave meals or simply sticking something in the oven, he was so bad that one time Baekhyun even thought he had given him food poisoning! 

Knowing he had been defeated on this one, Sehun allowed himself to be dragged to the kitchen by Jongin who insisted on showing him the variety of pizza's that were available and what he personally felt would be a good choice for dinner. 

 

 

Jongin's favourite place to sit in the living room was on his dad's recliner. Not only was it big and squeaked everytime Jongin moved to make himself comfortable, all he had to do was pull a switch and the chair would fall backwards before expanding. Some days Joonmyun would allow Jongin to sit in the recliner as a means to keep him happy whilst he was working away to meet deadlines, other days Joonmyun would sit back in the seat and have Jongin sit on his lap whilst the two watched television together. Jongin especially loved it when Joonmyun would gently spin the seat from side to side, gently rocking him until he had fallen asleep. 

With Joonmyun and Jongdae out for the evening, Jongin had the recliner all to himself for the rest of the night! The only problem being that he was not yet tall enough to be able to get onto the seat by himself. After numerous attempts of jumping up and trying to shimmy his way onto the seat, only to slip off, Jongin huffed and crossed his arms, it was certainly becoming a huge pain for him today! 

"Want to sit up there?" Sehun asked as Jongin nodded his head. Very carefully Sehun picked him up and sat him down on the recliner, watching as Jongin looked around before realising he wanted to put the recliner back, helping him do so he spun it around a few times to make Jongin laugh even speeding up when the boy asked him to. 

"I hope I'm as tall as you and uncle Chanyeol one day, maybe then I can easily sit on this!" Jongin exclaimed as Sehun laughed and ruffled his hair 
"You have a long way to go before you're the same height as me kid. Saying that though, you may not grow to be a tall person, especially because your dad is short" he replied and took pleasure in seeing the pure horror to grace Jongin's face upon realising that maybe he was going to be short because of his dad. 

"Why do I smell burning?" Chanyeol asked and it was there that Sehun could smell it to. The two of them stood there for a minute wondering where the smell could be coming from and as if simultaneously, their eyes wondered over to the kitchen before widening and both broke out into a run. 

"The pizza's!" 

 

 

With three different pizza's burnt to a crisp lying in the bin, the two had decided that to avoid anything like that happening again it would be best to order a takeaway and let Jongin pig out on the chicken balls until he felt he could eat no more and it was finally time to go to bed. 

"Who knew kids could be such hard work?" Chanyeol asked, lying on the floor whilst Sehun was lying face down on the sofa 
"I think I've found some new respect for Joonmyun" he added as Chanyeol nodded in agreement. With Jongin having gone to bed over ten minutes ago, the two of them remained in their positions with the television remaining switched on in the background. Neither of them really liked what was on, but they were both too tired to get the remote to turn the channel over. 

It was the sound of footsteps running down the hall and into the living room which made the two of them sit up to find a very frightened looking Jongin staring at them. 

"There's a spider in my room!" he exclaimed as Chanyeol stood up and walked over to him 
"I'm sure it's not a big spider. Go back to bed it wont hurt you" he tried but was only met with Jongin frantically shaking his head. 

"I don't like spiders! Even if it wont hurt me, it cant stay!" as he turned to Sehun who sighed and stood from the seat 
"How big is it?" he asked 
"Really big!" Jongin replied, though Sehun and Chanyeol didn't exactly believe him until they went to inspect themselves, realising that it was indeed quite a huge spider and Jongin was not just being too dramatic over the afair. 

Chanyeol being too much of a wimp to work with Sehun to get the spider, it was up to Sehun alone to do the deed himself. Grabbbing one of Joonmyun's magazines, he rolled it up and slowly approached the wall where the spider was so as to not scare it away. With one loud and final smack against the wall, where the spider once was now laid a yellow/ brown mess of some sort which Sehun gave Chanyeol the liberty of cleaning up. 

"There, the spider's gone now. Go to sleep otherwise if your dad gets home and see's you're still awake he will not be happy" Sehun said as he tucked Jongin into bed. Turning to leave, he felt something grip at the sleeve of his jumper as Jongin looked at him with big eyes and a pout on his lips. 

"Stay with me" he pleaded and so Sehun did. Waiting until Jongin had fallen asleep to free himself from the boy's grasp, he found it oddly comforting to be able to sit up in the bed whilst Jongin curled himself up beside him. Whatever fear he had previously of looking after the boy had quickly diminished as he watched the boy sleep. 

 

 

"Guys, why is there three blackened pizza's lying there in the bin?"
"Ah... about that..." 


You guys wanted it and here it is! What happens when you let Sehun and Chanyeol take care of a child! 

I had to think of everything that could possibly go wrong if you left the three of them alone and what was covered in this chapter was just a tiny part which almost made the chapter 2000 words long o.O  

Ah I enjoyed writing this so much... 

Until the next chapter!!!