The morning after

Trying

Waking up the next morning, Joonmyun found himself lying in a bed that was not his. Finding himself lying in a different bed, topless, next to a topless Jongdae did he momentarily forget what had happened the previous night and feared the worst.

"Morning" Jongdae grumbled, voice still laced with sleep as he turned over and smiled at Joonmyun who stared back at him with wide eyes
"Why am I in bed with you?" he asked 
"Well we were drinking last night and I didn't want you going home like that so I made you stay here. I didn't want you sleeping on the sofa and seeing as this is the only bedroom in my place I made you sleep here with me" Jongdae replied and Joonmyun could briefly remember the 'argument' he and Jongdae had the night previously about who was going to sleep where.

"We didn't... do anything right?" he asked, pointing to Jongdae was topless like he was
"Well we kissed, but that was it" Jongdae replied before laughing "You have a really bad memory you know that?" but Joonmyun could see the worried expression written all over his face.

"I'm not that bad" Joonmyun replied, letting out a sigh before holding Jongdae's hand in his
"Good because for a minute there I was afraid you... well that doesn't matter now" Jongdae replied as Joonmyun laughed but stilled when Jongdae wrapped his arm around his waist, snuggling into his chest.

"What's wrong?" he asked, frowning when he realised that Joonmyun had yet to move... or breathe...
"Sorry, I'm just not... use to this yet" Joonmyun replied as Jongdae smiled and oh, there was that curl in the corners of his mouth that Joonmyun had come to love over the time he had known Jongdae.

"Well get use to it because I will be doing this a lot more often" Jongdae replied but just as he got comfy, groaned when he heard Joonmyun gasp and felt him jump out of the bed. 

"What's wrong?"
"I have about half an hour before Jongin gets home from my parents that's what's wrong" Joonmyun replied, running around to look for his shirt as Jongdae watched him for a few seconds before helping him to put him out of his misery. 

"When are you going to plan on telling Jongin about us?" he asked, watching Joonmyun stop in his tracks. That was a very good question actually; just when was he planning on telling his son that he was dating someone? And that someone was his teacher who happened to be male? 

"Joonmyun?
"N-not yet. I mean we cant tell him straight away because he is only four and may not be able to understand the concept of two males dating. That and I don't want to rush into anything, I just want to take things nice and slowly" he replied as Jongdae nodded his head, fully understanding Joonmyun's wishes in wanting to take it slow. 

"Well then, when you're ready you just let me know and we can do this at any place at any time" he replied before placing a quick kiss on Joonmyun's lips and shoving him lightly. 

"Now get going, it's quite funny seeing you get all flustered and rush about like this" he added, his comment making Joonmyun blush and grumble as he ran out the door, the last thing he heard being Jongdae laugh at him as he did so. 

 

 

By the time Joonmyun had returned back to his place, he had just about enough time to jump into the shower and make it look as though he had just gotten out of bed by the time he heard the rapid knocks on his door, opening it to reveal a very happy Jongin and two very tired looking parents. 

"Daddy!" Jongin shouted, jumping onto his dad and barely giving him a chance to catch him before he started telling him everything that he had done the previous night 
"That kid has so much energy... we just don't know where he gets it from!" Joonmyun's mum exclaimed as her son laughed and set Jongin on the floor so that he could run inside, claiming that the television was his because there was a very important Pororo episode on he just had to watch. 

"So how was last night?" his mum asked as Joonmyun nodded his head
"Quite good actually. As usual there were cases of some drinking more than they could handle but we all got back in one piece" he lied, watching as his mum narrowed her eyes before nodding her head. 

"Meet anybody did you?" she asked 
"W-well there were a few people who showed interest in me... but it wasn't really re my behalf" Joonmyun replied, hating it when his mum interrogated him like this. Especially because he had to lie and hide some aspects about himself he didn't really want to keep a secret any longer. 

"Come on Joonmyun! You're not getting any younger! I think it's about time you considered finding someone and settling down"
"Mum I'm not even in thirties yet. Plus I have Jongin to care for now! I can't just bring anybody home to introduce to him and they don't get along" Joonmyun replied and it was a good thing his dad could sense the growing tension between the two of them and decided to break it up before it could progress. 

"Come on dear, let's leave it be for now" he said and turned around to see Joonmyun silently thank him before the two were on their way, Joonmyun shutting the door and lightly headbutting it before letting out a sigh. 

"She can be really annoying sometimes cant she?" came Jongin's voice, breaking through the silence and managing to make Joonmyun laugh even when he didn't intend to do so. 

"Just a bit, but we cant tell her that" he replied as he ruffled Jongin's hair and the boy let out a giggle 
"What do you say to a day out at the park?" Joonmyun asked as Jongin nodded his head before turning his attention to the living room. 

"Can I watch my Pororo episode first?" he asked as Joonmyun let out an exaggerated sigh 
"If you must" he replied before Jongin grabbed his hand and bean pulling him in as well, claiming that his dad had to watch it with him because it was going to be the most amazing show he had ever watched in his whole life so far! 

Joonmyun had to sit back and wonder if this boy was really the same quiet boy who first appeared to him all those months ago.. 


And feeling much better to give you this update! 

Yes I know that not much happened here, but come on there's some fluffy SuChen and the beginnings of their relationship as well as some cute little Jongin at the end! Next chapter, or maybe the chapter after, something is going to happen. The hint: it's been highlighted in the very first chapter of this fic. 

Until then!!