Secrets

Trying

The biggest secret that Joonmyun had ever have to keep from people in his life had originally been his uality. Since finding out he had a son and he was now dating his son's teacher did the list begin to grow and at a frightening rate. Being able to keep his uality a secret from his parents was a miracle by his standards. Being able to keep Jongin a secret for a while kind of went down the drain in the first few weeks after the allergy experience... Joonmyun was determined to keep his relationship a secret until he was comfortable enough to tell people on his own terms. 

That didn't mean that Joonmyun was going to be a complete buzz kill and really not do anything to further progress his new relationship with Jongdae, he just wanted to be careful. There was the ocassional wink or smile sent to each other as Jongin was dropped off to the nursery, Jongdae calling Joonmyun into the office to have a word with him when it was just another opportunity to get some quick quality time. Heck, Joonmyun often agreed to have Jongin sleep over Kyungsoo's more often just so he could get the free time to see Jongdae some more. 

Everything was moving perfectly well for Joonmyun. Though he didn't particularly like keeping secrets from those he cared about the most, but there were just some aspects of his life he wasn't completely fine about sharing with anybody just yet. In the meantime, maybe, they could just stay secret for just a bit longer. 

 

 

"You look happy" Jongin said one morning, holding his dad's hand as he was walked into the nursery 
"I'm always happy. Don't you like it when I'm happy?" Joonmyun asked and Jongin made a point to quickly nod his head. 

"But you sometimes look tired, like your eyes are really dark... darker than me!" he explained as Joonmyun laughed and ruffled his hair 
"That's called hard work. You'll be experiencing this and more when you reach my age" he replied as Jongin's eyes widened and Joonmyun could swear he heard the boy mumble that he was not going to end up like that, before he quickly hugged his dad and ran towards his classroom, shouting Kyungsoo's name as he did so. 

Shaking his head, Joonmyun turned to leave, catching Jongdae staring at him out of the corner of his eyes, smiling at him 
"Ah, Mr Kim, I was wondering if I could have a quick word" he said, opening the door to the office and allowing Joonmyun to step inside before he quickly shut it behind the two of them. 

"How we've gotten away with this for so long without anybody becoming suspicious is beyond me" Joonmyun commented as Jongdae shrugged his shoulders 
"Or maybe they have figured out something is going on but haven't said anything about it" he replied before wrapping his arms around Joonmyun's waist and planting a kiss on his lips. 

"Is this what you pulled me in for?" Joonmyun asked, making Jongdae laugh but nevertheless shake his head 
"I wanted to ask you something" he replied as Joonmyun frowned 
"You could have just called me or messaged me" but if he knew Jongdae well by now, he knew that Jongdae muvh prefered to have the physical contact with Joonmyun rather than speak to him over some, as he put it, meaningless device where he could only hear him and not see him. 

"I know, but I kind of think this is important. I wanted to ask you if I could tell my parents I'm in a relationship" 
"Of course! Why did you feel the need to ask me?" Joonmyun asked as Jongdae smiled slightly 
"Because you're keeping this back from your parents and I wanted to know if it was alright in case you were uncomfortable with them knowing" he explained as Joonmyun's expression softened. 

Okay, now he felt really guilty! 

"Jongdae" he began before pausing and sighing, guilt consuming him, "Of course you can tell you parents. Just because I don't want to tell mine doesn't mean you don't have to. Besides, it's not as if I can exactly control you and tell you what to do" his words making Jongdae's smile widen as he squeezed Joonmyun into a huge hug. 

"Thank you" he replied gently and with one last kiss, and a light slap on the , sent Joonmyun on his way before he made him late for work and Jongdae was late in greeting his class for the start of the day. 

 

 

If asked, anybody who knew Joonmyun and worked with him would not be able to say that the guy had looked signficantly more happy in the most recent days. Sure he was elated to have Jongin and be able to have the full experience of being a dad, but even that was a frightening and stressful part of his life to begin with. They didn't know what had happened, but something had managed to cheer up Joonmyun and make him look like a completely transformed man. 

All those years of being scared to start a relationship because he was so inexperienced in the field, and because he knew hardly any other homoual men besides his friends, were thrown out the window the minute Jongdae had kissed him. Sure he had his insecurities at the beginning and lived in constant fear that he was going to screw it up somehow, however Jongdae was able to take away those doubts bit by bit and Joonmyun was beginning to wish he had done this earlier! 

 

 

Work was always going to have its stressful days. Some more than others. Working towards an impending deadline with a team that was just not willing to co-operate with him was proving to be a stressful experience Joonmyun would never have envisaged himself experiencing in his lifetime. Making a mental note to do some serious kicking out and bringing in of new people when he had the chance to, Joonmyun set out to get as much of the work done as he possibly could- even contemplating on asking his mum to pick up Jongin from the nursery so he could do some overtime. 

Rubbing his eyes, Joonmyun placed the finished file on top of his completed list, moving to the next one before his phone began to ring. Checking the caller I.D. he sighed and rejected the call when he saw that it was from Jongdae. Sure he liked having him as a boyfriend and everything, but in stressful situations like these, he just needed to be alone without distractions. 

Too bad Jongdae wasn't some mind reader and could figure that out himself. Even with his phone on silent, Joonmyun would often catch his phone screen lighting up, letting it get to an eleventh missed call before he sighed and finally answered it. 

"Look Jongdae, I'm trying to get some work done here which is making me really stressed, so I appreciate if you wo-"
"Drop everything and come to the hospital" came Jongdae's voice, sounding out of breath and in utter panic. 

Joonmyun didn't need to ask him why. He didn't need to question Jongdae as to why he was calling him in the middle of the day about something that would never have concerned Joonmyun unless it was something to do with him. Telling him he would be there in five, Joonmyun ditched all work that he had to do and, grabbing his keys, ran out of the office as co-workers looked on and asked him where he was going. He didn't answer them though, he just ran out of the building and jumped into his car praying that the police wouldn't pull him over for the speed he was about to pull... 


I swear this gets fluffier as the fic goes on... 

Next chapter we're going to, possibly, get more serious. It's not really going to be a big surprise, it has been highlighted in the first chapter after all so it wont be such a big worry anway 

Until then!!