Return

Trying

With a date and time finally set, Joonmyun was ready to tell Jongin that he was dating someone... who happened to be his teacher. With Jongin occupying himself and playing in his bedroom, this gave Joonmyun all the more time to be by himself and panic slightly over what he was going to say and how he would react if Jongin didn't take to the news lightly.

"We don't have to do this if you don't want to" Jongdae said, seeing how nervous Joonmyun looked
"No, it's fine. If we don't do it now... then I don't think I'll ever be able to tell him" he replied before taking a deep breath in and making his way towards Jongin's room.

"Jongin, can you come to the living room for a second?" he asked, waiting for his son to finish with whatever it was he doing beforehand and followed him, frowning when he saw Jongdae stood there
"What's Jongdae doing here?" he asked before his eyes widened slightly "Am I in trouble?" to which Joonmyun was quick to reassure him that he hadn't done anything wrong at all, sitting down and pulling Jongin up next to him so that Jongdae could sit on the other side.

"You see, Jongdae is here because... well..." he began and tried to find the words to make this as easy for Jongin to understand, but he couldn't. Struggling to find them, he turned to Jongdae for help, but before he could even utter a word there was a knock at the door causing Joonmyun to groan.

"Wait here, I'll be back in a second" before going to see who was at the door. Leaving Jongin there with Jongdae, the two of them sat there in silence. Whilst Jongdae kept his eyes on Jongin, the young boy had leant forward to grab the remote from the coffee table, turning to face Jongdae.

"Did you watch Pororo when you were little?" he asked as Jongdae smiled and shook his head
"I was too old to watch it when it first came on television" he replied
"Well you need to watch it, it's really good" Jongin replied seriously, their moment cut short when they heard Joonmyun raise his voice slightly.

Hearing his dad's voice rise, Jongin dropped the remote and stood up to go see what was wrong, however as he tried to move Jongdae had stopped him and brought him back towards the seat
"I think it's best if you stay here whilst your dad sorts this out by himself" he said and the talking continued for a while longer until the two of them could hear somebody rushing through towards the room and a woman stood in front of them.

Jongdae had no idea who the woman was, but feeling Jongin sink against him and grip his arm, he knew that the boy had a pretty clear idea of who the woman was

"Jongin" she said, smiling and opening up her arms however Jongin made no indication to move
"Come now Jongin, come greet your mum" she said but Jongin shook his head
"No!" he shouted back as his mum slowly dropped her arms and her expression began to drop.

"Do not raise your voice Jongin. Is that any way to speak to me like that?" she snapped as Jongin tried to hide himself under Jongdae's arm and Joonmyun came rushing forward
"Don't speak to him like that! He is four years old for crying out loud!" he snapped back as Jongin's mum let out a scoff.

"He is my son and I can talk to him as I wish"
"He's also my son who you ditched and now came back thinking you could just see him again! Have you any idea on the state you left him in? It's not as if you can just waltz back into his life and expect him to greet you happily" Joonmyun replied, the two of them getting into a heated argument as Jongdae stood up and took Jongin's hand, leading him away and towards his room so that he didn't have to witness the argument.

 

 

"So you and daddy are dating?" Jongin asked, Jongdae having the opportunity to sit him down and explain to him that he and Joonmyun were more than just friends, having to explain the concept of dating so that Jongin could fully understand what was going on.

"So that means you like my daddy?"
"I like him a lot" Jongdae replied
"Do you love him?" Jongin asked, his question catching Jongdae off guard momentarily before he smiled and shook his head
"I think it's a bit too early to be saying I love your dad" he replied as Jongin nodded his head, his expression showing that he still had more questions to come. Jongdae didn't mind though, the more questions that Jongin asked, the more likely he was to accept that Joonmyun and Jongdae were dating.

"Is it... is it alright for you and daddy to date? I thought only a man and a woman was allowed?" Jongin asked
"Of course it is! Just like it is for two women and a man and a woman to date. Sure some people don't really like the idea of it, but it is perfectly fine and you should ignore anybody who tells you otherwise" Jongdae replied as Jongin nodded his head and the bedroom door slowly opened, Joonmyun poking his head through before the rest of his body.

"Is mummy still here?" Jongin asked as Joonmyun shook his head, crouching down so that he was able to get a good look at his son
"No buddy. I made sure she left before I came to see you. However, she does want to see you Jongin, even if it means having you for the weekend or seeing her for a few hours a few days of the week" he explained.

"Can you come with me if I have to see her then?" Jongin asked
"Whatever you want" Joonmyun replied as Jongin nodded his head before pointing to Jongdae.

"Can he stay for dinner tonight?" he asked, having significantly cheered up as Joonmyun turned to Jongdae with a frown
"If he wants to" he replied as Jongdae nodded his head and Jongin jumped from his bed, making his way towards the door before he stopped and turned to face Joonmyun.

"Now that you're dating Jongdae, will you ignore me?" he asked, face laced with worry as Joonmyun turned towards Jongdae with wide eyes
"Whilst you were out there, I sat him down and explained everything" he quickly explained as Joonmyun turned back to face Jongin and smiled slightly.

"Of course not. Even though we're dating, you're still my number one man" he replied and seeing the smile return to Jongin's, sighed in relief when his son exited the room leaving him and Jongdae there, both of them catching each others gazes and breaking out into unecessary but contagious laughter, giving themselves a chance to compose themselves before they went to join Jongin.

It wasn't until Joonmyun was able to sit back and watch how Jongin and Jongdae interracted so easily with each other... it felt like he already had his own little family working out. Something he neve thought about having before...


So yes, the breif, but possibly not the last, of Jongin's mum...

Don't worry, I have a great few chapters planned for this and I'm also thinking of what to do after this is finished... hmm...

Until the next chapter!!