You've got this!

Trying

"Somebody has dressed themself up nice" was the first thing Joonmyun's mum commented, opening the door to let Jongin in and taking in her son's appearance
"W-well I'm meeting up with Chanyeol and the others later on. It has been a while since I've last been out with them" Joonmyun replied.

What?

There was no way he was going to tell his mum he was dressed like that because he was going to go meet someone who wasn't in his friendship circle or a part of the immediate family. Knowing his mum, she would probably think that he was going out on a date. A date with a woman and would be expecting to hear all about it. Seeing as Joonmyun was not going on a date (though he was still debating this point) and would not be meeting up with a woman, he was not going to tell anybody the truth about where he was going this evening.

"Well adult or not, behave mister. I still remember your eighteenth birthday party and the mess you were the next morning" his mum said sternly and, blushing, Joonmyun grumbled back a reply before saying goodbye to Jongin and heading back to his car.

Jongdae had messaged him earlier that morning. Asking him a preffered time, Joonmyun was then sent the name of some restaurant/ bar place that was just on the outskirts of the city. Joonmyun made sure to arrive as close to the scheduled time as possible; he didn't want to be early and sit there for ages looking like an idiot whilst waiting for Jongdae to turn up. He may have also secretly feared that Jongdae was not going to turn up at all and he was going to be there looking like he just got stood up by a date which definitely was not a date!

Arriving at the place, Joonmyun checked the message that Jongdae and sent him to make sure that he was indeed at the correct place before he thought about entering the place. Getting a last lookover of himself in the reflection of his car window, Joonmyun deemed himself decent enough and finally mustered up the courage to walk in.

Standing at the entrance to the place, Joonmyun looked around at the various groups of people who were sat together having a meal together, at the bar ordering various drinks, taking up most of the tables that the place had to offer. How the heck was he suppose to find Jongdae in this place? Thinking it over, Joonmyun suddenly heard someone call his name, turning in the direction of the voice, found Jongdae waving him over.

"Alright Joonmyun, you can do this... you've got this!" Joonmyun muttered to himself and, waving back, made his way over.

 

 

Trying to think of something to start a conversation was proving to be very difficult for Joonmyun. Sure it was alright when it came to ordering their food and bickering over who would pay for the drinks, but after that Joonmyun lost all of his confidence to even say one little thing to Jongdae and hope that it led to something else. Joonmyun just found it awkward being with Jongdae like this outside of the whole him being his son's teacher context. It was actually up to Jongdae to say something to break the ice between the two of them.

"Tell me more about you Joonmyun, because all I know of you so far is that you're a single dad to a boy who comes to my nursery who also happens to be gay"
"W-what do you want to know?" Joonmyun asked as Jongdae placed his drink back onto the table and shrugged his shoulders.

"Whatever you wish to tell me. Like what sort of family were you brought up in, where you work, when you first came out" he suggested
"I haven't exactly come out to everybody just yet" Joonmyun began "It was actually a friend of mine, Chanyeol, who I came out to. I saw him kissing his boyfriend, Baekhyun, and went crying to him because I thought I was the only one who liked boys and it turned out I wasn't actually alone".

"Were those the two guys who turned up at your house?" Jongdae asked as Joonmyun nodded his head
"Yeah. Quite the perfect match if you ask me. Then there's my family... and I haven't exactly told them, not even my parents! Only my older brother knows because he may have stumbled across some stuff I looked up on the computer and came to talk to me about it" okay, maybe Joonmyun shouldn't have told Jongdae that part...

"W-what about you?" he asked, quickly changing the subject to Jongdae
"I never really had to come out to my parents. My mum told me she could feel it ever since I was a young boy; the difference in toys I wanted to play with, the programmes I liked watching and all the other 'tell-tale signs' as my mum put it. When I finally decided to come out, everyone was just sort of like 'meh' and we got on with it" he replied and Joonmyun couldn't help but feel slightly jealous. How come his family wasn't like that?

"Ever have a boyfriend?" Jongdae asked
"Nope. I did have a crush on another friend named Minseok... but then one day he introduced us to some guy named Sehun and it was obvious that the two were dating. I got so moody I didn't properly speak to Sehun for over two months!" Joonmyun replied and cringed at the memory of how awkward his and Sehun's friendship was in the beginning.

"So you've never been with anybody?" Jongdae asked
"Well there was this exchange student from China, but it was nothing serious. I guess we... fooled around a lot but he also had his eyes set on somebody else back in his home country. Then there's Jongin's mum but that was one whole drunken mistake" Joonmyun replied before pointing to Jongdae "What about you?"

"My first kiss with a boy was what led me to come out to my family. My first proper relationship lasted for about half a year with this boy who I later found out was just such a that I couldn't take it anymore and broke it off just before final exams. Sine then I've been on a few sporadic blind dates but there hasn't really been anybody who has caught my eye" Jongdae replied and Joonmyun would have liked to have continued with this conversation in order to help ease himself, however as soon as their food arrived this was broken when they began to tuck in and wouldn't really say much to each other until the food was finished.

 

 

"I don't think I can eat anymore" Joonmyun groaned, putting his fork down and finally conceeding defeat to the plate which still had pieces of food on it
"This is why I love coming here; the food is great and it manages to fill you up nice and good" Jongdae replied, leaning back in his seat and rubbing his belly.

"I should take Jongin here one evening. That boy could eat for Seoul and would still be hungry, yet I bet this place would fill him up good" Joonmyun commented, managing to make Jongdae laugh as he nodded his head.

"He does have a big appetite. When he finishes his lunch I often catch him finishing off Kyungsoo's as well" he added, the comment surprising Joonmyun
"How is this kid not chubby?" he asked and began laughing himself. How long had it been since he was able to just sit there and enjoy himself without a care in the world? He couldn't even remember the last time he was properly able to enjoy himself with his friends, let alone somebody he had spoken to only a few times!

The enjoyment was short lived however when the two of them heard shouts coming from the bar and looked to see a slight fight break out between two people over a spilt bear, the glass it had once been in now shattered on the floor.

"I think that's our cue to get going" Joonmyun said, the feeling of disappointment casting over him at the possibility of having to leave Jongdae when he was already having so much fun
"Unless you want to come back to mine for a bit" Jongdae suggested, almost sounding as though he was rushing to get the words out.

"Pardon?"
"W-well you could come back to mine for bit, break open some drinks and a bottle of wine I've had hanging around for a while. I-I mean if you want to" Jongdae replied and this had been the first time that Joonmyun had heard him stutter in a sentence.

"Sure. I have my car parked outside so if you give directions I can drive us back" Joonymun replied as Jongdae nodded and the two of them stood up
"Okay. Sweet" and with that followed Joonmyun out of the place and out towards his car.


You will love the next chapter! Do you know how long I've been wanting to write this chapter for? Ahh it feels like I'm going to burst!!

(It was the nicest image I could find alright?)

Until the next chapter!!