Trolly dash

Trying

"You're scary when you shout"

One simple sentence that's enough to snap Joonmyun out of his state of pure anger. One simple sentence that's enough for the guilt to instantly flood his body and elicit a sigh.

"I'm sorry Jongin, I just got very mad back there... I won't shout like that again" he said gently, looking into the rearview mirror to see Jongin with his head bowed
"Mummy used to say that a lot too" he muttered and Joonmyun wanted to pull aside and reassure Jongin that he meant it, that he wasn't like his mother and that getting angry like that was just a one off thing and wouldn't be happening again.

"Was it my fault that you got angry?" Jongin asked
"What? No, no of course not!" Joonmyun exclaimed, quickly correcting his position on the road just a driver drove past shooting curses at him, telling him to just pick a damn lane and stick to it.

"Well then how come I heard my name being mentioned a lot?" Jongin asked
"They were just curious because they had never met you before. However some people said some things that I didn't like and I raised my voice like that to get them to stop" Joonmyun explained and wanted Jongin to keep asking questions so he could better explain what happened back there, he wanted the child to keep talking so he could keep talking and put himself at ease. When Jongin stopped, Joonmyun realised this wasn't going to be happening.

Hearing Jongin's stomach grumble, and grinning at the action of the boy rubbing his stomach with a frown on his face, did Joonmyun remember that he had made the two of them leave before Jongin could even finish what he had on his plate. Taking the next turning and stopping at the first store they came across, Joonmyun was determined to use this time as a chance to cheer Jongin up.

 

 

"Well? Joonmyun asked as Jongin examined the back of the packet before shaking his head
"May contain traces of nuts" he replied and with a sigh, handed his dad the packet to put back into its original place.

Shopping for a meal for the two of them was usually an easy task. The store that Joonmyun usually went to had a variety of meals on offer and had foods which were allergy friendly. This however was not the store that Joonmyun usually went to and it was proving to be a very difficult task of finding foods which didn't have labels saying that may contain nuts. Perhaps they didn't but after the last experience of Jongin having to go to hospital because of a reaction, Joonmyun was not going to risk it.

"Shopping for food is hard" Jongin whined as Joonmyun ruffled his hair and continued to push the trolley down the aisle
"Don't worry, we'll find something to eat" he reassured, even though he was having doubts himself as to whether or not they were really going to be able to find something which would be suitable for the two of them to eat.

"Jongdae!" Jongin exclaimed, Joonmyun turning around to see Jongin running over to his teacher
"Hello Jongin, what are you doing here?" Jongdae asked
"Me and daddy are trying to find something to eat! There's not much though because there are nuts in the food" Jongin replied, his expression making Jongdae laugh as he looked up and waved at Joonmyun who slowly waved back.

"I know what you mean Jongin, I have a friend who has food allergies like you so when he comes over my house and I have to cook, I find it difficult to find food for him" Jongdae began before crouching down so he was at eye level with Jongin.

"However, I also know that the aisle next to us has food which is allergy friendly" he added and before dashing over to the aisle, Jongin shoot Joonmyun a look of amazement before he began running over
"No running Jongin!" Joonmyun called after him but sighed when he saw that Jongin had not heard him and just managed to move out of the way before he collided with another shopper.

"I don't know where he gets that energy from" Joonmyun muttered, remembering that Jongdae was there when he heard the guy laugh at his previous comment
"Ah leave him be. It is difficult to shop here" he said
"A-and cheap" Joonmyun added as Jongdae smiled and nodded his head.

"Daddy come on!" Jongin shouted from the top of the aisle and Joonmyun could hear others tut and mutter under their breaths around him
"Go on, don't leave him hanging around for much longer" Jongdae said, smiling at how cute Jongin looked; stood there with his cheeks puffed out waiting for his dad to join him.

"O-okay, I-I'll see you around" and as he walked away, groaned to himself as to how stupid he must have sounded back there. Joonmyun needed to seriously work on his stuttering skills.


And we have some sort of SuChen interraction... with Jongin...

Never fear! There are, of course, more SuChen moments to come in this, trust me! There are moments coming up in future chapters which I think you are going to love!

One more thing to end this, if you could answer the poll beneath then that will be great for future layouts of this fic;

Until the next chapter!!