Reveal

Trying

The time that it had taken for Jongin to bond with Jongdae had actually come as a surprise to Joonmyun. It actually took him, his own father, longer to bond with than the boyfriend. He wasn't going to make a fuss over it or anything, given that due to certain circumstances, it did take him and Jongin longer to bond with each other compared to how quickly he had bonded with Jongdae.

"I'm just that amazing" was Jongdae's response one evening after Joonmyun had brought up how close the two had become. Though his response was done like so intentionally to get a laugh out of Joonmyun, he couldn't help but wonder why Joonmyun had brought the matter up in the first place. 

"I only said it through observation of how close the two of you have quickly become. That and the fact that you've actually managed to bond with him quicker than I did" Joonmyun explained as Jongdae frowned and tilted his head to the side 
"Are you jealous of just how quick we've bonded?" he asked, amused by the expression that was to grace Joonmyun's face. 

"What? No! I was just meerely pointing it out" he exclaimed as Jongdae laughed and nudged him 
"Relax I'm playing with you!" he said as Joonmyun grumbled under his breath and got back to making the drink he had promised to make Jongin a while ago. 

"And besides, even if we have bonded quickly, he will never adore another person as much as he adores you" Jongdae added as Joonmyun scoffed 
"I doubt that very much. Have you seen the way he looks up to you? Or just how much he adores Kyungsoo?"
"Sure, but that will never equal what he feels towards you. Sure he likes me and Kyungsoo, but you're his dad. Maybe the two of you did take a long time to bond, but to him you're like a hero because you're so different than his mum. With you he's been able to experience love and affection that maybe his mum couldn't express towards him". 

"You really think so?" Joonmyun asked as Jongdae quickly nodded his head 
"Of course! When we ask the other children at the nursery what they want to be there are always the firemen, doctor and popstar answers but Jongin? He want to be like you. Recently the kids did presentations on people they really like and look up to, most of the children talked about their favorite celebrities or comic book heroes. Jongin? He spoke about you" he explained, his comments making Joonmyun smile, cheering him up than what he had felt originally. 

"Dad come on I want to show you the moves I've been practicing!" Jongin shouted from the living room 
"See, didn't even mention about bringing me with you" Jongdae commented with an over dramatic sigh, smiling when he saw how much Joonmyun had cheered up than what he had been previously. 

"Oh! And bring Jongdae too!" Jongin added, making the two men in the kitchen stop momentarily before they began laughing and decided to go join the boy to put him out of his misery of having to wait. 

 

 

With the time in which Joonmyun and Jongdae had begun to increase, the more frequently Jongdae had began to stay over. The more Jongdae began to stay over, the more his prescence was beginning to be felt in the house even when he was gone. 

Clothing such as a few shirts and trousers were beginning to be left in Joonmyun's wardrobe, staying there so that he didn't have to bring over any for when it came to the next night he was staying. A spare toothbrush being kept aside in the bathroom so that Jongdae didn't have to bring his own and run the risk of forgetting it. Whilst the only pictures to grace the walls of the house were of Jongin and Joonmyun, a few including Jongdae were beginning to grace the empty spaces- Joonmyun even placing a picture of the three of them proudly on his desk at work!

Whilst at the beginning it had only been Jongin and Joonmyun, very slowly a third party was beginning to worm their way in and Joonmyun didn't have any intention of stopping them anytime soon. 

 

 

With nothing in the cupboards worth putting together for a decent meal, Joonmyun had decided that an outing to the shops was in order. With Jongdae tagging along, it presented him an opportunity to have a distraction for Jonging so that he could actually get some shopping done and not miss anything like he had done on previous occassions. 

"Aha! There are you are!" Joonmyun said to himself, bending down to pick up a pack of tomatoes to put into the trolley, consulting his list before moving on down the aisle to find whatever else he needed whilst he was in that particular section of the shop. 

"Joonmyun! What a lovely surprise!" the voice stilling him as he turned to see his mum stood there, his dad behind with a basket in his hands 
"H-hi"
"Well this is a lovelt surprise indeed, it's very rare we get to bump into each other like this. Is Jongin around? I would love to see him!" his mum said, looking around to see if Jongin was indeed nearby. 

He's at Kyungsoo's, he's at Kyungsoo's. Yet no matter how much Joonmyun thought about it, the words would not come out and he found himself stood there stuck for words as Jongdae and Jongin came running down towards him. 

"You have to try this! It's the most delicious meal you'll try in your lifetime" Jongdae suggested as he waved the packaging in front of Joonmyun 
"And it's allergy free dad! Can we try it?" Jongin asked before noticing his grandparents. 

"Nana!" he exclaimed and ran into her arms, Jongdae finally understanding the situation that he and Joonmyun were in 
"Ah hello!" Joonmyun's mum said upon noticing Jongdae staring at her "Who might you be?" 
"Y-yes hello. I-I'm Jongdae" he began as he shook their hands "Um... I'm..." but he couldn't exactly find the words to tell them that he was dating their son. 

Realising the situation that they had gotten themselves into, Joonmyun realised that it would be useless to make up some excuse to tell his parents something like Jongdae being a nanny of sorts for Jongin or making up some excuse like Jongdae being a friend of his, otherwise this would be a missed opportunity to finally be able to tell his parents before he chickened out. To hell with it! 

"Mum, dad this is Jongdae... he's, he's my boyfriend" he finally announced as the four adults stood there in silence whilst an oblivious Jongin stood there trying to tell his grandparents all about his week so far and any exciting events that had happened to him. 

"B-boyfriend?" Joonmyun's mum asked and sensing that this was the perfect time to walk away and leave the three of them be, Jongdae took Jongin's hand and began to lead him away, stating he needed help in finding some other recipes they could take back to Joonmyun. 

"J-Joonmyun... you never, you never told us that you're gay!" his mum rushed out in a hush tone 
"I guess it's because I never felt comfortable enough to tell you guys... like it never felt the right time to do so" Joonmyun replied. 

"You have a kid!" his mum exclaimed as Joonmyun groaned and lightly smacked his forehead 
"You sleep with a girl once, have a child and people have to assume you're straight!" and sensing the possible growing tension, Joonmyun's dad felt as though it was the correct time to step in. 

"I think that discussing our son's uality in the middle of a shop is not the best thing to do, perhaps we should discuss this more privately" he interjected, stressing the importance of the word privately as Joonmyun's mum sighed but nonetheless nodded her head. 

"Of course. How about we all get together so we can properly talk about this" she suggested 
"I'm not having Jongin there. He can stay with somebody else and I'm not having the whole family there, remember the last time?" Joonmyun replied as his mum shook her head. 

"No, no it'll be just us three, Jongdae and your brother" she replied 
"Yeah about him... he doesn't really need to be there, seeing as he already knows" Joonmyun replied, cringing slightly when he saw the look his mum shot him as his dad sighed and took her by the shoulders. 

"Just be at the house by seven on Saturday, sound good?" and with a final confirmation from his son, took his wife away before anything else could be said or done, Jongdae hanging back for a few more seconds before he and Jongin rejoined him. 

With the secret finally out, Joonmyun stood there feeling as though a huge weight had been lifted from his shoulders. Expecting himself to crumble to the ground, he felt oddly calm over his latest encounter with his parents, it was just having to get ready to properly introduce Jongdae to his parents which was the newest worry for him. Why was life never so simple for Joonmyun? 


His parents know! They finally know! Joonmyun can now just sit back and relax until something else happens to throw his life off track... like having Jongdae meet his 'delightful' family, or Jongdae letting him and Jongin meet his family... oh I cant wait to write that chapter. 

Until then!!