Making Things RIGHT

The Revenge

Recall:

'Oppa....he-he broke u-up w-with m-me...'

Chapter 40:

[Joon's POV]

I was working out in my room when I heard my phone ringing. Wondering who would call me so late at night, I put my dumbbell back to its original position and answered the call.

'Yeobeoseyo?' I asked, completely not expecting what I would hear next.

'Oppa....he-he broke u-up w-with m-me...' a voicve whom I recognised as Sunny's said in between sobs.

*What? Is she joking?!*

'Sunny-ah, gwenchana? And are you sure?' I asked disbelievingly.

'I'm no-t okay, I ha-ve never f-elt like thi-s be-fore. Th-i-s undescr-ibable feel-ing... it's like- as if there's a hu-ge ho-le in m-y hea-rt. I lo-ve hi-m s-o m-u-ch, op-pa. I w-an-t him-ba-ck...' her voice cracked on the last word.

*Stupid Jae! How dare he hurt her?!* Hearing how sad Sunny was, I, too couldn't help but feel sad for her. How many more times must she get hurt? She already had her heart broken many more times as compared to an average girl.

'Sunny-ah, why did he break up with you?' I had to know the answer, somehow. Damn, at times like this, I wish I was under SM Entertainment instead of J.Tune.

'H-he sai-d that h-he do-esn't l-ove m-me any-more...' Now, that was really shocking. Of all reasons, I had not expected this one and frankly, I found it hard to believe. Jaejoong may be a jerk and all in the past, but he really really loves Sunny. Even I can tell. Jaejoong never once gets angry with Sunny although she can get really demanding at times. Sunny was always his first priority and he always did whatever he could to make Sunny happy even if it was at the expense of his rest. If that wasn't love, then what is it? Responsibility? I don't think so.

'Sunny-ah, don't think too much araso? I'll come visit you soon alright? Go get some rest.' I didn't know exactly what to say to comfort her for I didn't have any sort of experience in this field.

'N-eh, ann-yeong opp-a.' were her last words before she hang up. Grimly, I called Jaejoong. I wanted to know what's wrong. There was definitely something off here. Jaejoong loves Sunny more than himself and he won't ever ever break up with her unless...there's something else.

'Yeobeoseyo?' he answered in a dead voice.

*Glad to know that Sunny's not the only one who is having a hard time.*

'It's me, Joon. I know it's pretty late now but can you meet me at McDonalds? I have something important to ask you.' I said in a steady voice.

'What is it?' he asked, still with the same, dead tone.

'Meet me and you'll find out.' and with that, I ended the call.

[Jaejoong's POV]

*Should I go? Or should I not?* I asked myself mentally. Joon had just called me a few minutes ago, requesting me to meet him and I was currently debating as to whether I should go.

*Aish, might as well go.* I eventually came to a final decision and hurriedly got changed.

(At McDonalds)

'Well, I'm going to cut straight to the point. Why did you break up with Sunny?' he asked as I was taking a sip of my coke. Completely caught by surprise, I choked and started coughing non-stop.

'Yah, you okay?' he asked, completely unsympathetic.

'I'm fine and how did you know?' I answered after a while.

'Sunny called me after you broke up with her. She was crying uncontrollably, just so you know.' he said.

Despite having mentally prepared myself for all the consequences before I broke the news to her, the fact that I had made her cry still hurt. However, I pretended otherwise.

'And how's that my problem?' I asked coldly.

'KIM JAEJOONG! STOP ACTING LIKE YOU DON'T CARE WHEN YOU ACTUALLY DO!' he shouted while slamming his fists on the table. We didn't attract much attention from others for we were the only customers at the fast food restaurant.

'I don't understand what you're talking about. We broke up. That's it. Besides, why do you care so much? Don't tell me you still have feelings for her?' I provoked him but hell, I completely did not expect such a strong reaction from him. His fists flew out so fast that I did not see it coming. Pulling me to him with one fist holding the front of his shirt, he slapped me. SLAPPED ME!

'WAKE UP, KIM JAEJOONG. YOU STILL LOVE HER! DON'T DENY IT!' he said and slapped my other cheek once more.

'And that slap is for breaking her heart, you jerk!' he said. At that accusation, I flared up. Out of all things, the one thing that I hate the most is being accused for something that I did not do.

'I did not break her heart.' I stated firmly and pushed him off.

'Oh right. You broke up with her and left her crying. Of course, you didn't break her heart.' he said sarcastically as he settled back into his seat.

'She never once loved me.'

[Joon's POV]

'She never once loved me.' Ok, this must seriously be the best joke I've ever heard of.

'Are you insane? She loves you. ALOT. What made you think this way?' I asked.

'She doesn't really love me. She only pretended that she did all for the sake of her revenge.' he said the last part so softly that I had to strain to hear it.

*Revenge. Omo. Don't tell me he found out...* my eyes widened at the thought.

'Yah, are you ok? You're like stoning there...' he trailed off as understanding dawned upon him.

'You knew about this long ago right?' he accused.

'Well yeah. But you seriously got it all wrong. Yes, Sunny got close to you for the sake of her revenge but she had never expected herself to fall in love with you while she was getting her revenge.' I admitted. There was no point in hiding the truth now. He needs to know and he got a right to know.

'Let's say she did fall in love with me, why didn't she be honest with me and just tell me?!' he asked, challenging me back.

'Are you stupid or what? She knows you will react the way you are reacting right now, so of course she didn't tell you. And like I said, she completely did not expect herself to fall in love with you. And even if she found herself to have such feelings for you, the reason why she didn't tell you straight away was because she was still unsure. She didn't trust you enough and so in a way, her revenge plan was her defence. But halfway through, she decided to drop the whole revenge plan and you should definitely know the reason right?'

'If that's the case, why hasn't she told me a single I love you?' he asked.

'Yah! In case you can't remember what you did in the past, you brutally rejected her. She's still scarred, you know. Time passes and wounds heal, but scars will never fade.' I said. He was speechless by my answer. I'm guessing that he had never thought of that point.

*Looks like you did a good job, Lee Joon. You ought to be proud of yourself.*

'How do you know so much about her?' he asked faintly.

'I'm her best friend. I know her longer than you. Just think about what I said, alright? I hope you will do the right thing.' And with that final sentence, I left.

[Jaejoong's POV]

'Oh god. I really screwed up this time.' I muttered as I leaned on the table. I thought about what Joon said and what he said did make some sense. I have definitely wronged Sunny. She did love me but I just did not trust her enough to actually believe it. Now that I know, I'm going to get her back. For sure.

*Jaejoong-ah, it's time you make things RIGHT.*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Here's the update! ^^ And don't worry, this fic will have a happy ending. As for the sequel, I can't guarantee that though... Hehe :D

Comments please! :D Kamsahamnida! :)