Care and Concern

The Revenge

Recall:

'STOP SAYING SORRY!' I shouted and ran out of the company building with fresh tears spilling all over

~♥~

'Lee Joon. You're a real heartbreaker. I can't believe that I actually thought you were different from the rest.' I said and walked out of the cafe with whatever dignity I had left, not giving a damn about the looks I was getting from the customers in the cafe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 27:

[Joon's POV]

. I screwed this up. I didn't mean to shout at her, I just lost my temper. There's nothing much I can do now. The damage's already done but I hope she heard what I said before she left.

*Might as well leave* I thought as I took out more than sufficient cash and place them on the table before leaving.

[Jessica's POV]

*Why must he love her? Why not me?* The same thought repeated in my head all over again as I ran without looking.

BAM!

I had accidentally crashed into another person. I felt myself fall forwards and closed my eyes, expecting to meet the hard cement floor, but that didn't happen.

'Miss, are you okay?' a masculine voice asked. He had probably caught me before I could kiss the floor.

*What do you mean by okay? Physically or emotionally?*

'No, I'm not.' I said and cried.

[Joon's POV]

I was strolling along the streets of Seoul when all of a sudden, a girl banged into me. She was about to fall right in her face, but luckily I grabbed her just on time.

'Miss, are you okay?' I asked.

'No, I'm not.' she said and cried.

*What the hell? Why's she crying? Did I do something wrong?*

'What's wrong? Why're you crying?' I asked, concerned.

'That's none of your business.' she said as she wiped away her tears and looked up to give me a glare.

*Wait...isn't she that Jessica girl?*

'Are you Jessica?' I asked as I released my grip on her.

'Yes and you...' she trailed off as she took a good look at me through her puffy eyes.

'You're Lee Joon?' she asked. I nodded my head.

'Well thanks for catching me before I could fall. I'll go now.' she said coldly.

[Jessica's POV]

'Are you Jessica?'

'Yes and you...' I paused and observed him closely. He looked really familiar but I just couldn't figure out where I had seen him before.

*Ah! Isn't he Joon? Sunny's boyfriend?*

'You're Lee Joon?' I asked tentatively. He nodded his head as a form of reply.

*Now I have to meet Sunny's boyfriend. Plain awesome. Can I not see anything or anyone that's related to Sunny just for today?!*

'Well thanks for catching me before I could fall. I'll go now.' I said as I turned to leave.

'Wait! Can you tell me why you were crying?' he asked,

*Another thing I hate. Busybodies.*

'No.' I said and scoffed at him.

'Oh come on.' he bugged.

*What's with this guy?*

'NO. Ever heard of it?' I said back, annoyed.

'Please?? I'll tell you my story if you tell me why you're crying.' he offered. It wasn't exactly a bad idea for I would really appreciate a listening ear. But...why did he want to know so badly?

'Why do you want to know huh?' I asked.

'Because it's not really easy to make someone like you cry. Come on. Let's go to Starbucks and we can talk there.' he said. He had already figured out that I would agree. I nodded my head and followed after him.

(At Starbucks)

We entered the cafe and bought beverages. He bought a peppermint frappuccino while I bought a grande mocha frappuccino-- my all time favourite.

'Now tell me the reason why you were crying.' he said as he crossed his arms and leaned against his chair.

'I got rejected.' I said vaguely while playing with my drink.

'By?' he asked.

'Jaejoong.'

'WHAT? JAEJOONG?' he asked in disbelief.

'Neh. Wae? Do you know him or something?' I asked. I was getting a little suspicious.

'Not exactly. I saw him and Soon Kyu at the carnival yesterday.'

'Soon Kyu? Sunny, you mean?' I asked.

*What was she doing with Jaejoong? She has a boyfriend for crying out loud!*

'Why does everyone call her Sunny?' he asked, his brows furrowed.

'That's her new name. SME chose it.' I replied.

'Yah! Sunny's your girlfriend, doesn't it bother you that she's hanging out with Jaejoong?' I asked, perplexed.

'She's my ex-girlfriend.' he said matter-of-factly.

'You guys broke up?' I asked disbelievingly. Talk about surprise.

'Just now.' he said passively.

*So this must be what he was going to tell me in exchange eh.*

'Aren't you sad or anything?' I was puzzled. Was he so heartless? If I were him, I won't be smiling like he is right now.

'Not really. I initiated it. It was for her own good.' he said.

'Sunny must be really heartbroken.' I could tell how much Sunny loved Joon. When Joon initiated a break up, it must have broke her heart for sure.

'Araso. Enough of me. Back to you now. So, why did he reject you?' he asked.

'He likes Sunny.' I said slowly while looking out for his reaction, but there wasn't any. He had on a poker face.

'Figured it out.' came his unexpected reply.

'What do you mean?'

'I saw the way he looked at Sunny at the carnival. There was love, admiration and happiness in his eyes.' he explained. My heart couldn't help but give a squeeze when I heard what he said. How much I wished it could be me instead.

'I wish I was Sunny.' I unconsciously admitted.

'Wae?' he asked, curious.

'She's so close to the members. She has Jaejoong's heart and she's pretty too.' I said.

'All these didn't come easy, you know? She used to be bullied by the girls. She was fat, ugly and a nerd. I know all these because I was in the same high school as her.' he said.

'Well, at least now she's changed.' I said.

'If you want to be closer to the members, try not to be so cold. Learn how to open up. You can start with Sunny first. She isn't that bad and I'm sure she would give you a chance. As for Jaejoong, you've to let go. There's no point in holding on if he already has someone he likes. I don't think you would want to be a third party, do you? Sometimes, losing gives us a second chance. So what if you don't have him? I'm sure you'll find someone else better. And, you're already beautiful in your own way, so just accept it.' he said honestly.

His words touched my heart. This was the first time someone had even listened to what I had to say without complaining. Not even my parents could do that. They were always busy with their own work and hardly have any time for me. I don't blame them but it would be nice if I had someone whom I can talk to once in a while.

'Kamsahamnida. I feel alot better now.' I said sincerely and smiled.

'No problem. Shoot! I need to go now. Here's my number. Call me if you need a listening ear. I'm willing to listen.' he said and scribbled his number down.

'Neh. Annyeong.' I said. He waved goodbye and left.

*He isn't that bad... he can even be considered better than Kim Jaejoong.*

(Back to Sunny)

[Soon Kyu's POV]

*Lee Joon. I love you so much but you had to freaking break my heart. Wae?* I thought as I lay on my bed, sobbing non-stop. After that horrible meeting with Joon, I had ran all the way back to dorm while crying, hence earning a couple of looks from passer-bys. But that didn't bother me. What bothered me was how lightly Joon treated the whole issue. Did the break up mean anything to him? The least he could do was to show just a little bit of sadness. Was his feelings for me that insignificant that the whole break up was not such a big deal to him at all? The mere thought only made me cry harder.

'Sunny, what's wrong? Why're you crying?' a voice whom I recognised as Taeyeon's asked.

[Taeyeon's POV]

I was going to ask Sunny if I could borrow her hairdryer since mine was spoilt but when I entered her room, I saw her sprawled on her bed crying her heart out.

*Omo. What happened?*

'Sunny, what's wrong? Why're you crying?' I asked, concerned as I hurried beside her.

'T-Taeyon-a-ah, h-he b-broke u-up w-with m-me.' she said in between sobs.

*What?!*

I wanted to ask her for the reason but looking at her current state, it was best not to.

'Hush... don't cry. Things will get better.' I said soothingly as I patted her trembling back. I didn't know how long we stayed in that position but we had both fallen asleep halfway through, the entire hairdryer issue brushed to the back of my mind.

(The Next Day)

I was woken up the next morning by Sunny.

'Taeyeon-ah, I won't be going for singing class today. Cover up for me, please?' she requested with hoarse voice.

'Neh. Just stay here and rest.' I said and got up to get changed while she crawled back into bed.

*She must be hurt real bad...*

(Singing Lesson)

[Jaejoong's POV]

*Yes! I'm going to see Sunny today!* I thought as I watched the girls enter the classroom while looking out for the face I wanted to see the most, but she never appeared.

'Taeyeon-ah, where is Sunny?' I asked, worried as I pulled her aside. Taeyeon was Sunny's closest friend so I assumed that she knew.

Well uh, I don't know if I should tell you this-- but she broke up with Joon yesterday so she isn't really in the mood today. She cried the whole night yesterday.' she disclosed.

'Mwoh? Are you serious?!' I asked.

'Yeah' she said seriously.

*That stupid Joon*

'Bring me to her after this.' I said firmly.

'Neh.' she said.

*Sunny-ah, mianhaeyo for not being there for you...*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, uh this chapter is mainly about Joon's and Jessica's interaction with each other. Joon + Jessica = Joonsica. Lol. xD I'm just wondering, but what do you think of Joon now? Hehe. Just curious (:

PLEASE COMMENT! Kamsahamnida! :D