What's wrong?

The Revenge

Recall:

Sunny was still thinking about whether she should go on lying, but what she didn't know and expect was that while she was talking to Mi Jung about what she supposedly did to Jaejoong, he was actually just behind her door listening to every single word that she said...

Chapter 38:

[Jaejoong's POV]

I sighed as I recalled the date that we just came back from. I feel really guilty for always leaving Sunny alone when we had to go overseas to promote our albums but nevertheless, I always made up to her with the dates. Seeing her so happy just makes me really happy too and just now, when I told her that I had bought her a huge Hello Kitty plush toy from Japan as a souvenir, her facial expression was just so cute. She had just stared at me, hanging wide open until she defroze and jumped me while smiling super widely. Speaking of which, I had yet give her the soft toy. I didn't bring it along with me for the date for it was too big and if Cassies had seen me with it, their impression of me as a girly guy would surely deepen.

*I'm gonna give it to her now...*

Grinning widely, I picked up her Hello Kitty souvenir from my bed and made my way to her room once again.

[outside Sunny's room]

I was about to knock on Sunny's door when I heard loud talking from inside. Curious as to what the conversation was about, I eavesdropped. I know it wasn't right but heck, Sunny's my girlfriend so I do have a right, right?

'Mi Jung? Oh! MI JUNG-AH!! YOU FINALLY CALLED ME HUH!I heard Sunny scream. Mi Jung? Who's Mi Jung? I continued listening to Sunny's words.

'So busy you couldn't even call me, your bestest friend in the world?' she said sadly. I knew right there and then that Sunny was using the same sad tone that she used on our dates when I didn't give her what she wanted.

*Her best friend? Wait...oh...I remember now...* the thought flashed through my mind as my high school memories came back into mind. I had noticed, back then, that there was always this long-haired, slender girl who was always by Sunny's side and I'm guessing that she's Mi Jung. I smiled, pleased with myself that I had figured out who she was, and continued to listen further.

'Great! What about you?'

'Oh it's really great. I successfully made Jaejoong fall in love with me and soon, I'm going to break his heart~' I heard her laughing.

*Wait what?* I thought as I digested what she said.

I successfully made Jaejoong fall in love with me and soon, I'm going to break his heart~

*I don't understand... Is she going to break up with me? What did I do wrong?* the thought ran through my head as I started to panic in fear. Getting to know and love Sunny was the bestest thing that happened in my life and I don't want to lose her. Not now, not ever.

'Of course! All for my sweet sweet revenge. He deserves all these after what he did to me.' she said next, all hints of humour gone. My heart dropped at her words and I soon realised what she meant, the Hello Kitty soft toy laid next to Sunny's door, all forgotten and abandoned.

So, all these time, when we were going out on dates and having fun, it was just a pretense. A pretense for me to fall in love with her. And me being the foolish and oblivious one fell for it. I fell for her and I had even thought that she loved me too. Guess I was wrong... She never did once love me. Isn't it ironic? Years back, it was exactly the same situation. Only that this time round, I was the one being played. A solitary tear escaped as I realised the ugly truth before me. I was heartbroken, depressed, crushed, desolate, wretched and basically all the other adjectives that are used to describe heartbroken.

'I know right?' she laughed. I didn't want to hear any more words that would break my already broken heart further and so, I left with fresh tears rolling down my cheeks.

[Narrator's POV]

Jaejoong made the wrong move. He shouldn't have left. He should have stayed. He had missed out on Sunny's next sentence-- a sentence that would possibly clear up this huge misunderstanding.

'Mi Jung-ah, sorry to have to break your happy bubble, but everything I said just now was a joke. A BIG FAT JOKE.'

(The next day)

[Sunny's POV]

'Why do I feel like something's going to go wrong today?' I asked aloud as I stared at my reflection. I had woken up earlier in the morning to feel like there's a heavy burden on my chest. I dismissed it but the imaginary weight just increased and increased and I'm starting to wonder.

'What can possibly go wrong?' I asked next as I thought. But, I just could not come up with an answer.

Frustrated and moody due to the lack of sleep, I scolded myself, 'Stop thinking so much. You'll go crazy!' Just then, I heard a knock on my door. Further scolding myself as I walked towards it, I opened the door to see Jessica unnie.

'Oh hey, unnie.' I greeted.

'Hellooooooo~ What's with the eyebags?' she asked as she peered closer.

'Slept late last night.' I giggled to myself as I recalled what happened last night when I revealed the truth to Mi Jung.

-Flashback starts-

'Mi Jung-ah, sorry to have to break your happy bubble, but everything I said just now was a joke, A BIG FAT JOKE.' I said and anticipated whatever response I would get from her. Mi Jung was really unpredictable, you can never figure out what will happen next with her around.

'Hey, you there?' I asked after a long while of silence.

'WELL OF COURSE I'M HERE! WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME HUH?' she shouted, pissed.

I laughed and answered simply, 'Payback.'

'YOU ARE SUCH A MORON, IDIOT, BLOCKHEAD, DIMWIT, DINGBAT, LAMEBRAIN, DUMBBELL, HALFWIT---' I interrupted her lecture to piss her off even more.

'Yeah yeah, I get it. Gotta go. Byeee~'  I said and ended the call, but not before I heard more of Mi Jung's swearing.

-Flashback ends-

'Oh. By the way, I found this outside your door when I came. Who gave it to you?' Unnie asked as she presented me a big Hello Kitty plushie. My eyes widened at the sight as I squealed in delight.

'Jaejoong oppa gave it to me.' I remembered him mentioning about the Hello Kitty soft toy, but what puzzled me was why he had just left in outside. Not thinking much about it, I smiled, took it in my arms and twirled around in bliss.

'Ok, I get that you're happy and all but can we just go for singing lesson now?' Unnie asked as she leaned against the door, her arms crossed.

'Yeah yeah, araso.' I pouted as I put my souvenir down and left together with Unnie.

*I'll have to thank oppa later...*

[Singing lesson]

'Girls, pair up and just sing to each other today.' Jaejoong oppa said tiredly. He looked like he hadn't slept at all, his huge eyebags were proof of that.

*Looks like I'm not the only one who didn't have enough sleep...* I thought as I chuckled to myself.

'Taeyeon, be my partner?' I asked.

'Sure!' she replied with a huge grin. I smiled back and started first. I chose to sing Hug, a song sang b y the oppas themselves!

'That's really nice! But uh, Sunny-ah, is there like uh, something wrong with Jaejoong sunbae?' Tae asked tentatively.

'What do you mean?' I asked as I glanced at Jaejoong. He was sitting at corner, just staring into space.

'Well, you see the way he is right now? And you know how I'm always early right? When I came to class, he was just like the way he is right now without the sad music playing from the speakers.'

'Chincha?'

'Yeah. That's why I'm asking you what's wrong. He looks really sad.' Taeyeon said as she looked at Jaejoong.

'Yah! No staring at my boyfriend!' I said as I wacked her head.

'Araso, araso. I was just concerned. Go talk to him okay?' Taeyeon said, pouting as she rubbed her head.

'I will.'

(After lesson ended)

'Oppa!' I called out to him. I was the last to leave as I wanted to talk to Jaejoong. From the way he behaved throughout the entire lesson, I could tell that there was definitely something wrong. And I really hope that he would share with me what his problem was.

'Jaejoong oppa!' I called out once again but he didn't seem to hear. He was already through the door by that time. Hurriedly, I ran after him and grabbed his arm.

'OPPA.'

'What do you want?' he asked irritatedly as he shook my hand off. I was hurt by his action but I pretended otherwise.

'I just want to...' I was interrupted halfway.

'Look. I'm really busy. Can we talk another time?' He said and left before I could even say anything.

*Oppa...what's wrong? Why're you behaving like this?*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Didn't receive any comments for the previous chapter *cries* Well, I hope you guys like this one. This fic is gonna end real soon but don't worry, there's gonna be a sequel :D Shall I reveal the characters? ;) Tell me if you want me to :) This time round, instead of four major characters, there's gonna be NINE :D Hehe.

Usual drills please! :D

Next chapter's picture [Major spoiler!]

Hehe :D