Bonding at midnight

The Revenge

Chapter 20 :D Thanks so much for all of your comments! (: They mean alot :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been weeks since I started being a trainee in SM Entertainment. I pretty much enjoyed all the activities and lessons that were planned for us, excluding singing lessons with Kim Jaejoong, but it was getting better...somehow. Throughout this time period, Joon oppa and I have not had a single chance to meet and he has also not been answering any of my calls or texts. I'm really worried and it's starting to show to Taeyeon, Ji Hoo-sshi and some others.

====================================

'Sunny-ah. Wake up.' I felt someone patting my arm. I rubbed my eyes and looked up and saw that it was Changmin sunbae.

'Sunny-ah, gwenchana? This has been like the fifth time you've fallen asleep before my lesson.' Changmin-sshi asked worriedly.

'I'm okay. Don't worry, sunbae.' I lied. I was not alright. I have not been getting enough sleep because I was always worrying about Joon oppa. Despite how exhausted I was, I just could not fall asleep, no matter how hard I tried.

'Are you sure?' Changmin sunbae asked again.

'Neh.' I reassured him and nodded my head.

'Changmin sunbae. If she says she's alright, then she is. She may be faking it for all you know.' Jessica said from her corner of the room.

*What the is her problem?*

Ever since that day when Jaejoong asked me to stay back to ask for forgiveness, Jessica hated me to the core. She would always find ways to make me look bad, all because she thinks I'm trying to steal her Jaejoong. I wasn't, well at least I was not technically.

'Alright. Let's start on our lesson now.' Changmin sunbae reluctantly gave in. He taught us some new dance moves and we practiced them throughout the whole lesson. I fumbled occassionally mainly because I was distracted by the whole Joon issue. After dance lesson, was singing lesson. We proceeded to the Jaejoong's class once we were dismissed.

'Good afternoon. Please start with your warm-ups now. Thanks.' Jaejoong instructed. I did as I was told but it was pretty much obvious that I was not putting in any effort.

[Jaejoong's POV]

*Sigh...what's wrong with Sunny these days? She has been so distracted these days and look at the eyebags below her eyes. They're huge. I'm worried-- Changmin has also told me that Sunny has been falling asleep before her his lessons... I wonder what's wrong. Maybe, I can ask Jessica? She's willing to do almost everything for me...*

'Ok girls. I want all of you to work on your pitching today. I'll come by and help all of you.' I said. They nodded their heads and started.

(After a while)

I stopped by Hyoyeon, Taeyeon and Tiffany first. They had not much problems with their singing and I could clearly see why SME chose them-- they were talented. I gave them a few pointers as to how they could improve before moving on to Jessica.

'Hi Jaejoong.' she said oh-so-sweetly and batted her eyelashes at me.

*Ewwwww... she's freaking me out here!*

'Uh hey. Can you show me your pitching now?' I asked.

'Sure.' she said and winked at me before she started singing. To be completely honest, her pitching was horrible because she was as usual, trying way too hard. I told her what I thought and it was clear that she was disappointed.

'Jessica-ah. Stay back after this later.' I said and turned away.

'Neh! See you later!' Jessica shouted back, excited.

[Soon Kyu's POV]

'Neh! See you later!' I heard that all-too-familiar-voice shout. I looked up at saw Jessica smirking at me.

*Do you seriously think I will be JEALOUS? You wish. Pfft.* I thought and mentally rolled my eyes.

'Hello. Can you sing now?' Kim Jaejoong asked.

*Like duh. You mean I can say no?*

'Sure.' I said and smiled before starting.

'Your pitching is not bad but there is still rooms for improvement.' he said once I finished. I nodded my head to tell him that I was listening and seeing that, he gave me some tips.

[Jaejoong's POV]

Lesson soon ended and everyone, excluding Jessica, filed out of the room. Once everyone left, I closed the door and turned to face Jessica. I didn't want anyone to eavesdrop so I had to close the door. If I had a choice, I would leave it open because who knows what she will do.

'Yes oppa?' she asked in a sugary voice.

*Oppa? Since when did I say that she can call me oppa?*

I frowned a little and asked,'Uhm, I'm sorry to bother you, but is Sunny alright?' Her smile changed into a frown once she heard my question.

[Jessica's POV]

I was so happy when Jae oppa asked me to stay back but once I heard his question, my mood took a 180 degrees change.

*Why does he care for her so much? It's not only Jae oppa, Changmin-sshi too. I hate her! She took my oppa away from me! Jung Soo-Yeon! Don't give up. Jaejoong belongs to you and Sunny has absolutely no right to take him away.*

'I'm not really sure. I think she's okay. Don't worry too much oppa.' I said and fake smiled.

'Oh okay. Kamsahamnida!' he said.

'No problem. Anything else you need oppa?' I asked.

'No. I've got something I need to attend to now. See you at our next lesson!' he said and left.

[Jaejoong's POV]

*Why am I not satisfied with her answer? Aish... oh well. At least I got away from her... I didn't expect her to believe my lie that easily. Hehe.*

(At night)

[Soon Kyu's POV]

*Ah! Why can't I just fall asleep?!* I thought as I tossed and turned in bed. I had tried every method possible to fall asleep but they all didn't work, even the supposedly most effective method-- counting sheep.

*If I can't fall asleep, I might as well do something useful. I guess I can practice some dancing. I have been falling behind in Changmin's sunbae class all because of my distractions. Might as well make use of this time.* I thought as I got up quietly and changed into dance-appropriate clothes. I quietly walked to the dancing room and chose a song that Changmin-sshi had suggested in class. The music started playing and I tried out the new moves that were taught today.

[Jaejoong's POV]

*Why can't I fall asleep?* I thought as I stared at the ceiling, frustrated. I never had insomnia before.

*I should probably just take a walk...* I made up my mind and changed into a more suitable attire. I got out of the DBSK dorm and decided to stroll round the practice rooms.

*Is that music I hear playing?* I thought as I heard the faint sounds of music playing from one of the rooms. I followed the music and was led to one of the rooms that was used for dancing. Curious, I opened the door quietly and peeked in-- and saw Sunny dancing alone.

*Oh my gosh. I didn't know she was this good in dancing too... She looks really elegant when she's dancing.* I thought as I stared at her.

[Soon Kyu's POV]

*Why do I feel like there's someone watching me?* I thought as I swiftly turned around, to see that it was none other than Kim Jaejoong.

*What the heck is he doing here?*

'Hey. What're you doing here?' I asked.

'Huh? Oh nothing. I was just walking by when I heard music playing so I decided to take a look.' he said. His face was all red. He was probably embarrassed by that fact that he got caught.

'Oh... well why're you standing there? Come on in.' I said, trying to act friendly when all I wanted was for him to get lost.

'Neh. Mianhae for intruding.' he apologised.

'It's okay. I guess.' I said and sat on the floor. He sat next to me and the next few minutes was spent in silence.

'So, what're you doing here?' he asked, trying to start a conversation.

'Just practicing some moves that Changmin sunbae taught.' came my simple reply.

'Oh...speaking of that, are you okay these days? I noticed that you have been really distracted. Changmin too.' he asked.

'I have problems with my boyfriend.' I replied. I didn't know what made me say it...it just slipped off my tongue.

'Really? You want to talk about it?' he asked, concerned.

*Is he actually worried? Kim Jaejoong, you're a really good actor, you know. If you had even displayed a slightest care or concern towards me a few years back, I would have actually believed you, but not now... I'm no longer that stupid and naive Soon Kyu that I once was.*

'He hasn't been answering my calls or texts.' I admitted.

'Really?' Maybe he's busy or something...' he replied.

========================================================================

We spent the whole night talking and bonding. I got to know more about him and vice versa. To say that I didn't enjoy the conversation would be a big fat lie. We didn't exactly start on the right note, but as the conversation progressed, I found out that he was actually rather nice company.

========================================================================

'It's late, Jaejoong sunbae. Or shoud I say, it's very early now. I've got to go back to dorm now. You should too.' I said as I got up and stretched my arms.

'Neh. Sunny? Do you want to hang out tomorrow or something? It's the weekends afterall. I'm very sure that Ji Hoo hyung would not have planned any activities for you girls. Trainees need to have a break once in a while too...' he trailed off and looked down.

*Perfect! He made the first move!*

'Yeah sure. My handphone number is 010-97654278. Text me the details.' I said and left.

That night was the first time in many days that I actually had a peaceful sleep, and surprisingly, I was actually looking forward to hanging out with him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this chapter is satisfactory :D So, Sunny is currently experiencing problems in her relationship. Hmm....  (:

PLEASE COMMENT! Kamsahamnida! :D