Oh no!

The Revenge

Recall:

From: Joon

To: Jaejoong

Ok. See you tomorrow.

Chapter 30:

[Soon Kyu's POV]

'Sunny-ah, let's have a talk.' I glanced up from my book and looked at Taeyeon curiously.

'O-okay?' Taeyeon planted herself in the empty chair beside me and looked at me seriously, while I on the other hand, was trying to contain my laughter. A serious Taeyeon was a funny sight.

'Sunny-ah, when will you get over him?' That was way unexpected. I winced as my heart gave a little squeeze.

'I don't want to talk about it.' I said and frowned. 'Him' was a taboo topic.

'I don't care if you like it or not, but we have to talk about it! How long are you going to continue being like this?' I felt guilty but I ignored her instead, and went back to my book while pretending like she wasn't there.

'Do not ignore me! When will you stop being so selfish and learn to spare a thought for others?! Do you know how worried we are for you? When will you WAKE UP?' her words stung but I pretended otherwise as I kept up with my facade.

'I never asked for any of your help.'

'Oh great. So everything we did for you was all a waste? Neh, you didn't ask for our help, but we didn't leave you all alone because we care for you. And this is how you treat our concern? Wow, thanks alot.' Taeyeon said coldly as she turned to leave.

'M-mianhae.' I apologised softly, but Taeyeon heard all the same.

'Sunny-ah, we care for you, we really do. But we don't want to have to always worry for you.' I didn't respond but instead, move to hug Taeyeon. I've been hugging alot more people lately, I noticed.

'I'm trying. But...it's just so hard. Every night, when I close my eyes, his face will always appear in my head. Every morning, I always can't help but wish that one day, I would be waking up and realise that it was all a dream.' I admitted.

'Sunny-ah, the only way to solve this problem is to talk to Joon.'

'Is there any other way?' I asked. Talking to joon topped my not-to-do list.

'There's no other way. Just give it a shot, alright?'

'I'll think about it. Taeyeon-ah, I kind of feel bad.' I admitted.

'Regarding?'

'Jaejoong sunbae. I shouted at him just now and I regret doing it.'

'What?! Why did you shout at him?'

'Well, he was like fussing over me and kept asking me to eat up. I wasn't in a good mood so when he kept nagging, I exploded and said some hurtful words to him.' I said, ashamed of my previous behavior.

'I can't believe you did that! Did you know how worried he was for you? He even ended class early just to come see you. You're always his first priority and this is how you treat him? I'm really disappointed in you, Sunny.' Taeyeon said as she left the room while shaking her head in utter disappointment.

After Taeyeon left, I felt more guilty than ever. Hence, I decided to give Jaejoong a call to apologise. But, as I was about to scroll down my contacts, I realised that I had a voice message from the said person himself. Curious, I opened it and listen.

'Mianhae Sunny. I didn't know that I was a pest. I'm sorry. If it makes you happy, I will leave you alone and not bother you anymore. Once again, mianhae.'

I was touched by his words. I didn't know that he had actually cared for me this much. And this time, I'm very sure that his concern is genuine. However, his concern only made me feel even worse. I was afterall, getting close to him for the sake of revenge. If he found out, how will he react?

'Piece of advice: Sometimes, you have to let your defences down.' his words surfaced in my mind.

Did Joon oppa actually want me to drop my suspicions and believe, for once, that Jaejoong has really changed?

[Jaejoong's POV]

I had been waiting for Joon for half and hour already and he had yet to show up. I was bored out of my mind and my latte was already cold. A frown made its way to the surface as I spun my blackberry on the table while watching the cafe entrance for any new customers. While looking out for the 'heartbreaker', my thoughts, once again, floated to Sunny and I remembered my conversation with Changmin few days back.

[Flashback starts]

'Hyung, when are you going to confess to Sunny?'

'Woah, why are you asking me that question, maknae?'

'That's because we have all seen how happy you are when you're with Sunny and I'm sure that you'll be even happier when she's your girl. Besides, you wouldn't want Sunny to be claimed by another guy right?'

'No! Of course not.'

'Then do it! Tell her how you feel.'

'My dear innocent maknae, you do know that Sunny is still in love with Joon right? So, I can't be selfish. I need to think for Sunny.'

'...'

[Flashback ends]

*Sunny-ah, when will I be able to confess to you?*

'Jaejoong? Sorry I'm late.' a voice broke through my reverie. It was indeed, Joon. His face was flushed and he was sweating like crazy.

'You're finally here.' I said dramatically as I rolled my eyes.

'Mian. I was signing a contract with MBC for their show, We Got Married.' he said, obviously pleased with himself.

'Whatever. I want to talk to you about Sunny.'

'What about her?' he asked passively as he occupied the seat opposite mine.

'I want you to get back with her.'

'You're joking right?' he asked, laughing.

'I'm serious.'

'Mian, but no.' he said, this time serious.

'I don't care, you have to do it!' I demanded frustratedly.

'Why're you doing this? I know you love her so why are pushing her to me?' he asked. Neh, I do love her, but she doesn't feel the same way. Whta's the point of having someone who don't feel the same way as I do? Besides, if you love someone, let him or her find their own happiness, even if it's at the expense of yours. That's what you do for someone you love.

'Neh. I do love her. But,  she had to like a JERK like you. A JERK who doesn't give a damn about her feelings. A JERK who only knows how to make her cry. A JERK who tosses girls aside once he's done with them.' I hissed, my volume increasing with every word said.

'Shut up! I am not a jerk! I broke up with her because I only love her as a sister. And because I love her as a sister, I WANT THE BEST FOR HER. I WANT HER TO FIND SOMEONE BETTER!' Joon roared with anger as he punched my jaw, taking me by surprise.

'What the ? You did not just punch me!' I swore as I leaped for him.

'Misters! Please. No fighting here!' the cafe manager said with great urgency as he got in between us. At his interference, I forcefully calmed myself down and reminded myself repeatedly that I was a celebrity and that I couldn't ruin my image. I glanced at the customers who were staring at us to see if anyone recognised me. Lucky for me, no one did, my disguise had worked. I gave on last glare to the jerk before I left the cafe with a throbbing jaw.

(In SM Entertainment company building, on the way back to dorm)

'That guy can sure punch. Damn him.' I muttered under my breath as I massaged my sore jaw.

*I hope I will not bump into Sunny. If she sees me like this, I wouldn't know how to explain to her. And she will be angry with me for sure.* I thought. I was very close to DBSK's dorm and was about to heave a sigh of relief as the door came into my sight when I heard,

'Oppa!'

I froze on the spot and 'Oh !' was all I could think about.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments please :D Kamsahamnida! :D