Pest

The Revenge

Recall:

'You're very lucky, Sunny. You have Jaejoong's heart.' Unnie said before she closed the door.

*Huh? What was that all about? Unnie must be too sleepy for she was talking nonsense...right?*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 29:

[Jaejoong's POV]

Weeks have already passed and I'm seriously getting more and more worried for Sunny. Ever since the break-up, she changed. She was not her usual self anymore. Yes, she still goes for lessons, sleep and socialise, but everything she does is all done half-heartedly. The Sunny I know is someone who gives her best in everything she does. Not only that, she spaces out sometimes. There was one occasion when I called Sunny out during lesson but she didn't notice. Jessica, who was sitting next to her, noticed and had to shout in her ears as a last resort, but it still didn't work. I know it's really extreme, but it's true. Speaking of which, Jessica and Sunny are now friends and that's good to her. I was worried that Sunny might get harmed by Jessica because she didn't really take the rejection well, but from the looks of it, my worries were uncalled for. Taeyeon has also told me that Sunny has been crying herself to sleep every night. The root of all these problems-- Joon. There were many times when I mentioned meeting Joon to talk things out but she always declined. I told her time and again that running away won't solve the problem but it didn't make any difference.

Sunny-ah, when will your old self come back?

[Soon Kyu's POV]

It has been weeks since the break-up. If I were to say that I was not the slightest bit affected by it would be a complete lie. I was badly affected, but I know that people like Taeyeon were worried for me, so I decided to put on a fake smile and carry on with daily life activities. In the day, I'm this nice, smiling girl who goes for lessons and socialises, but at night, I become this weak, fragile girl who cries over the void in her heart. Because of all this crying, I usually don't get enough sleep and would always zone out. Jaejoong has tried persuading me to meet up with Joon oppa to clear things out but I refuse.

I don't know what silly things I would do when I see him again...

=====================================================

[Jaejoong's POV]

'Sunny-ah, please? I've been begging you for the past half an hour already.' I whined. This has been the fifteenth time that I'm trying to ask her out and also the fifteenth time that she rejected me. I thought bringing her out would help cheer her up but I had never thought that just asking her would be so difficult.

'Oppa, please. I don't want to go.' came Sunny's usual reply.

'But why?' I asked, wondering what excuse she would use this time round. The last time, she said that Yunho will be hurt if I don't spend time with him. Yeah, she caught up with the Yunjae news, but that's not the point. Was going out with me so bad huh?

'I don't feel well.' she said lamely. I rolled my eyes, this was the fifth time that she's using the same old excuse.

'Uh huh. Just a lunch will be fine. Please?' I said, pouting.

'Aish, fine! Oppa, you're freaking annoying. I hate you.' she said, frowning.

'Love you too. Now go change.' I replied and shoo-ed her away.

*Muahaha! Perfect! Now's the time to find her phone!*

I ransacked her bags but her phone wasn't in any of them. Aigoo, where does this girl keep her phone? I opened all her drawers and searched her whole wardrobe but it wasn't in there either.

*Where can one phone be? It's good that Sunny takes a long time to get ready.*

Her bed was the only place that was left unsearched by me. I kneeled on her bed and started feeling around for her phone. Her bed was swamped with soft toys and if I were to remove all of them before searching, it would take ages. Sometimes, I can't help but wonder how she's able to sleep in this mini soft toy palace.

'Ah hah!' I muttered as I felt a hard object. I pulled it out and it was indeed Sunny's LG Chocolate. I glanced at the bathroom door to make sure that Sunny was still in there and she was. I unlocked her phone and searched her contacts. Soon enough, I found Joon's number, but instead of 'Joon Oppa', it was replaced by 'Heartbreaker'.

*Sorry Sunny, but I'm going to have a little talk with Joon whether you like it or not.*

I sent a text to Joon, telling him to meet me at Starbucks tomorrow before placing my phone back in my pocket and sat down, pretending like I had not ransacked her room.

'Oppa, I'm done.' Sunny said in a bored voice.

'Finally. I'm hungry. Let's go!' I said and pulled her along.

(At a cafe)

'Eat up, Sunny.' I pouted. In the past hour, Sunny was either playing with her food or staring out of the window. I was hoping that we could actually talk over lunch, but it was useless.

'Not hungry.' she grumbled as she returned her attention to me.

'Yeah right. You have been skipping your meals for the past few days, and you expect me to believe that you're not hungry?' I scoffed.

'YAH! CAN YOU JUST GODDAMN LEAVE ME ALONE? I'M SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR CONSTANT PESTERING. JUST MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND STAY OUT OF MY AFFAIRS!' Sunny shouted and left me behind, stunned.

Her words stung. So all this time, I was just a pest to her? All this time, when I was so worried for her, all she felt was annoyance? I'm so blind. I took out my phone and called her, but as expected, she didn't pick up, so I decided to leave her a voice message instead.

'Mianhae Sunny. I didn't know that I was a pest. I'm sorry. If it makes you happy, I will leave you alone and not bother you anymore. Once again, mianhae.'

The voice message ended and I was about to put my phone back in my pocket when I realised I had an unread text. I opened it and read.

From: Joon

To: Jaejoong

Ok. See you tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joon and Jae are meeting! Wonder what will happen (:

Btw, I've just written and posted the forewords of my new Sunny x Onew oneshot. Please go check it out if you're interested :D

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/12611/my-biggest-regret-angst-oneshot-onew-shinee-snsd-sunny

PLEASE COMMENT! Kamsahamnida! :D