Back Together

The Revenge

Recall:

*Jaejoong-ah, it's time you make things RIGHT.*

Chapter 41:

[Jaejoong's POV]

After some thinking late last night, I have decided that I'm going to talk to Sunny. That's right. I am going to make things right again. I am such a jerk but thank god for Joon. He was the one who opened my eyes to the truth and for that I'm really grateful. Thus, I'm going to meet her today and clear things up. I don't know what to expect but I hope Sunny would accept my apology. But then again, if she doesn't, I can't blame her right? Sighing at that prospect, I got dressed and left for Sunny's room.

*Kim Jaejoong, you can do this! Fighting!*

[Sunny's POV]

'Sunny-ah, how are you doing?' Joon oppa asked, concerned. Joon oppa had came, just like he promised.

'I'm fine.' I lied. Who was I kidding? I'm not okay and never will be.

'Don't lie, It's so obvious that you miss him, ALOT. He has a reason for breaking up with you, you know.'

'Yeah, of course. He doesn't love me anymore.' I said while rolling my eyes. Must Joon oppa state the obvious?

'Aniyo, he has another reason.' he insisted.

'And what would that be?' I asked, my eyebrow arched.

'He found out about the revenge plan and he thought right away that you didn't truly love him because afterall, you have a reason for hating him.' Joon oppa's words were loud and distinct. My eyes widened as I registered what he was saying. I was shocked, that was certainly obvious.

'R-revenge plan? H-ow did he find out?' I stuttered. I thought I had done a pretty good job keeping it a secret but it seems like I was wrong.

'That I don't know. I talked some sense into him yesterday. And I'm pretty sure he's going to speak to you soon.' Joon oppa admitted with a smirk.

'You talked to him?! What are you, my appa?' I asked. Sometimes, Joon really acts like my Appa. Always standing up from me and protecting me. It's not that I don't like it but when it comes to relationships and stuff, isn't it a wee bit embarrassing?

'Probably.' he grinned from ear to ear.

'Yah!' I pouted and hit his shoulder.

'Araso, araso. I just care for you okay? This is what best friends do.' he said.

'Thanks oppa.' I said and smiled a little. I was touched, who wouldn't be? Oppa's kindness can melt even the iciest of hearts.

'No problem. Back to the matter at hand, will you give Jaejoong another chance if he apologises?' he asked seriously.

'Well, it seems like he doesn't trust me much for him to react the way he did...' I avoided his question and looked elsewhere.

'Sunny-ah, have you ever considered things from his point of view? Imagine if you were him, how would you feel if you found out that you got toyed by the one you loved the most? Jaejoong was just like that. I mean, he did make your life horrible, so it's pretty much understandable if you were out seeking revenge on him. This whole issue is not about trust. It's another thing all together.' he said.

'I know...but I can't bear another heartbreak, oppa. I really can't.' I admitted as my tears started falling. I love Jaejoong and I really want to give him another chance...but if giving him a second chance means that I am at risk of experiencing yet another heartbreak, then I will not. The pain of breaking up with someone whom I love so much is just too much for me to bear again. If this was the first time that Jaejoong broke my heart, I will readily give him another chance. But no, he broke my heart for two times already...

'Sunny-ah, sometimes we have to take chances, you know. Because when you take risks, sometimes you'll realise that what you get from it will actually make you alot happier. And also, even the most perfect love have their own heartbreaks. Love is never smooth sailing. There will always be some obstacles along the way to put your heart to the test.' he said wisely. I wanted to say something but just as I was about to speak, I heard a knock on the door. Wiping away my tears, I got up and opened it, not expecting one bit that the person behind the door might just be Kim Jaejoong.

'J-jae?' I asked, my emotions in a frenzy.  I was happy to see him for I had definitely missed him alot but when I remembered about our break-up, I couldn't help but feel sad.

Sometimes, I really wish that life wasn't so damn complicated.

[Jaejoong's POV]

I stood outside Sunny's room, taking a few deep, calming breaths. I was really nervous and scared for what would come next. *Come on. Be a man!* I thought. Taking one final deep breath, I raised my hand and knocked on her door. Minutes later, the door opened to reveal a rather disheveled looking Sunny with puffy eyes and messy hair.

'J-jae?' she asked as if she couldn't believe that I was right there, standing in front of her.

'Uh hi?' I said meekly as I did a small wave.

'Sunny-ah! Who's that?' I heard someone calling out. Curious as to who it was, I peeked inside her room.

'Oh it's you.' Joon appeared after a while. I didn't reply but just return my attention back to Sunny who was at the moment, staring at me with wide eyes.

'Uhm, I had better go now. Have a nice time!' Joon said as he pushed me in before closing the door shut behind me. I stumbled a little from the unexpected push and cursed Joon mentally. He is so going to get it from me after this... I swear.

'What do you want?' Sunny's voice brought me back to reality.

'I want to apologise. I'm really sorry for breaking up with you. I really thought that you didn't love me and so I decided to let you go so that you will be happier. But I soon realised that it was all a huge mistake. I love you, Sunny and I want you back.'

'You are forgiven.' was all she said. But heck, that was not the answer I was searching for. I was hoping for something along the line of 'I love you too and of course I want you back!'. Is that too much to expect? I suppose being friends is better than nothing. But nevertheless, I asked once more.

'Will you give me another chance and be my girlfriend again?' I asked. She gave me a look and I started to panic. To hell with being friends, I want Sunny back and I'm going to do whatever it takes to get her. And that's probably why I did what I did next-- explain myself.

'I really hope it isn't too much to ask but I love you, I really do. When I found out about your revenge plan, I was just so hurt and betrayed. I wanted so desperately to believe that you really did love me but the evidences were pointing another way. You had a right seek revenge on me after what I had done to you and you also never once said I love you to me. That's why I started thinking that way. And when I started thinking that way, I started thinking about breaking up and all. I'm really sorry. Chongmal mianhae.' I said sincerely.

'I understand and yes, I am willing to give you another chance.' was her unexpected answer. My eyes bugged out from the shock and all and that caused her to laugh at me. Smiling, she came forward and ruffled my hair.

'Pabo Jaejoong.' she teased.

'Are you really serious? You are really giving me another chance?' I asked, still in shock.

'Neh.' Completely overwhelmed with shock and happiness, I grabbed Sunny and hugged her tight to my chest.

'Thanks so so so so much!!!' I shouted with glee. I was beyond happy. I was ecstatic. It was like as if I had died and I was suddenly given another chance at life.

'Just don't break my heart again, alright?' she whispered in my ear.

'There won't be a next time.'

'Oppa.'

'Yes?'

'How did you find out about the revenge plan?' she asked, curiosity evident in her tone.

'Don't get angry with me but I sort of eavesdropped on your conversation with Mi Jung...' I said sheepishly. Eavesdropping was something really low but heck, I was curious at that time.

'I suppose I should be angry with you but oppa, didn't you hear what I told Mi Jung? I said to her that it was all just a joke...'

'You did?' I asked, astonished as I pulled back.

'Yeah, looks like someone didn't stay to hear the complete conversation...' she teased once more.

'Seems---' I stopped mid-sentence when I saw Sunny coming closer and closer towards me with a sly look on her face.

'What are you doing?'

'Oppa, next time when you start something, finish it. And one more thing, saranghaeyo.' and with that, she pulled me in for a passionate kiss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Next chapter is going to be the official end of this fanfiction! :D

Btw, the conversation that Joon had with Sunny took place a little bit before Jaejoong made up his mind, so yeah.

Comments please :D Kamsahamnida! ^^