How you befriend myungsoo

A Thing Called Love

the friendship just gets better and better.

“Yah, Jaena, what’s with you and Hoya?” woohyun asks you while the 9 of you were on the way to the canteen. “Nothing, why?” you replied him, both eyes focusing on your phone. “Well, you both were called out by the teacher at least 3 times today” he started. “Yes” you said. “So does that mean anything?” he continued, “Aww man no” you said again. “Really?” he questioned, “Yes” you said once again. “Do you somehow like him?” woohyun questioned again. “YESSSSSSSSSSSS” you half shouted, shock woohyun immediately look at you to see that you were actually playing your game. “What do I do with you” he asks himself, shaking his head.

School ended not long later and woohyun together with hoya and sunggyu had after school activities, sungyeol and Seoyi had to go home immediately for something you didn’t know and dongwoo and sungjong had to stay back with the teacher.

Everyone bid their goodbyes and slowly went away to their respective places, leaving you and myungsoo alone. You felt really awkward, just because you didn’t know him as much and also the both of you don’t talk. “Well, that leaves you and me” myungsoo breaths out, eyes looking at the other direction and his hands in his pocket. “Ye...yeah” you replied as you held on to the strap on your bag, not knowing what else to do. “Going anywhere?” he asks you. You look at him for a quick second before turning back “Um, actually no” you replied again, looking around, many students were leaving the school and there the both of you were standing in the middle, not knowing what to do. Some people look at you and whisper to one another, you don’t know what they were whispering about and you don’t bother knowing either. “Cool me too” is all he said as you nod your head. “I’ll bring you home” he suggests so suddenly, as he gave you a smile. You look at him, half shock, but agreed to it anyways.

“So, we don’t actually talk much huh” he said as he laughs slightly.

“Ye…yeah” you said, as you fiddled with your fingers.

“I haven’t really introduced myself. I’m myungsoo” he looked at you in the eye. You felt your ears getting hotter and immediately broke the eye contact.  “And I’m Jaena” you manage to smile back. “Nice name” he commented. “Thank you” you didn’t know why, but you actually felt happy for some sort of reason. “Are you always this quiet?” myungsoo asks you, you chuckled slightly before looking up at him “Not really, I can be as talkative as woohyun sometimes, but I don’t really, I mean I… I don’t really know” you puffed up your cheeks, feeling embarrassed. “Haha, you’re cute you know?” he said, making you blush. “The sun seems beautiful today” myungsoo looks up to the sky, this guy sure is random ain’t he? Hearing what he said, you yourself looked up to the sky, it sure is pretty, a little hint of purple pink around it, it’s not very usual to see it. Myungsoo search through his bag then and took out what seems to be a camera. He place it to his face as he look through the tiny hole, snapping a picture of the sun. “You like to take photographs?” you asks him, “It’s a hobby I guess, I like to take photo of pretty things.” He said, looking at the picture he just took. You nodded your head, “Cool” you told him as you played with your ear.

Soon later, the both of you reached woohyun’s house, “Thank you, for bringing me home I guess” you stood in front of the house. “It’s nothing” he places his hand in his pocket. You gave him a smile as the both of you stood there quietly, not uttering a single word. “Well, I guess I’ll get going” myungsoo smile at you as he scratches his head. You nodded your head immediately in agreement, before waving your hand goodbye, “Yeah, yeah see you tomorrow” you said to him as myungsoo slowly made his way back. “Bye” he smiled as you before leaving. You felt yourself blush thinking about his smile, before shaking it off immediately, *what are you doing Jaena* you told yourself mentally before going back into the house. “I’m back aunt!” you greeted your aunt before heading upstairs to do your homework.

A week pass so quickly and you found yourself slowly becoming more and more into myungsoo, ever since the smile he gave you, you slowly got mesmerised by it.

“Yah, Jaena, you okay?” hoya turned to you as he waves his hand in front of you.

“Huh? Yeah, yes I am” you shook your thoughts off. “Are you sure, because I’ve been asking you If you were fine for the last 5 minutes” hoya asks you. “I’m… I’m fine really” you gave him your best smile, eyes were locked on myungsoo. “If you say so.” Hoya shrugged his shoulder before turning back and continuing in his work.

Lunch came soon as the 9 of you made your way to the canteen. “So how has it been going?” Seoyi smirks at you. “Huh, about what” you look at her as you furrowed your brows, you knew what she was talking about, but you pretended not to know, you told her by accident one day, I mean you were planning to tell her but you wanted to find the right time to do it.. “Myungsoo-ah!” Seoyi said so loudly. Your eyes widen as you tried covering , to only find myungsoo looking at the both of you. “Yea?” he smiled at the both of you. You felt your heart melt, who could resist that lovely smile of his? “Ah, nothing, nothing really” you smiled before apologising. You glared at Seoyi, “You want to die!” you murmured to her.