New House

A Thing Called Love

“Passengers boarding to shanghai, china, please make your way to the boarding area. Thank you” the announcer voiced out.

“So we’ll be off Jaena, be good and listen to aunt and uncle alright? See you in 3 years” your dad told you as he patted your shoulder, looking at you in the eye. You only sighed and pouted before looking up to him and your mum. “Can’t I go with you?” you asked once again. Your mum sighed as she repeated the same sentence she had been saying to you for the past few days. “Dear, we’re going there for work; there wouldn’t be anyone who is able to take care of you.” she gave you a weak smile.  “But I’m already 18, I can take care of myself!” you procrastinated. Your parents look at one another, not knowing how to reply to you, your dad sighed as he looked at his watch, “It’s a foreign country my dear, now we have to go okay?” he gave you a tight hug, followed by your mum.

He looks up at your aunt and uncle, “Sorry for the bothersome, thanks for agreeing for Jaena to stay with you guys.” Your mum told them. “It’s okay, we will take care of her well, take care too” your aunt assured her before they bid each other goodbye, the next thing you know your parents were gone. “Come on Jaena, let’s go” your aunt patted your back as the three of you walked out of the airport. You only nodded.

The car ride back to from the airport was quiet, one because you weren’t in the mood to talk and two because your talkative cousin, woohyun is in school. “Do you want anything to eat? We can order through the drive-by.” Your uncle asked as he looks at you through the rear view mirror. “No thanks, I’m fine thank you” you said, your eyes stuck outside the window. Your aunt and uncle look at one another before shaking their head, trying not to worry.

You were a very cheerful girl actually; you can make people laugh without fail and not forgetting your aegyo doesn’t fail to make people smile. You were the kind of person who would be sad at something for a moment and forget it later because you believe that there is no point at being sad at something when there are so many other positive things around.

When you reach home, you went on and pack your things and carried out your luggages. “Here let me help you” your uncle offered. “Thank you!” you said in a cheerful tone, that’s right, you weren’t that sad anymore. Your uncle eyes widen but soon smiled at you, that’s the Jaena we know. With that, you head to your uncle’s house, which you would be staying for the next 3 years.

“Well here we are, I’ll bring you to your room” your aunt led you as she gave you a small smile. You nodded your head, trying to grab your luggage, “Ah, don’t worries about that, the maids will help up with those.” She assured you. You smile and nodded feeling a little apologetic. The both of you headed upstairs to the second floor and made your way to your room.

“Here” your aunt opens the door of the room to reveal a cozy room. No it’s really cozy, a single bed with 4 throw pillows on it, and a small study table at the corner of the room, a huge closet that took up almost ¼ of the room as well as your own television and make-up area.

“Wow, this looks amazing aunt! Thank you!” you gave her a hug. “Glad you like it Jaena-ah, pack your stuff, dinner will be in a few” your aunt told you, you nodded your head and begin to pack the things out from your luggage. Packing is hard work, you needed to move around the room to put the things you needed at the right place, phew.

“Mum I’m home!” someone called out from downstairs as you hear the door open, immediately knowing who it was, you put down whatever you had on hand and race down to greet him. “KYAAAAAAA!” you jumped on woohyun, making him stumble down. “Ouch Jaena-ah!” he whined and he pushed you aside and rub his back. “Oops!” you giggled, woohyun look at you and ruffled your hair, although the both of you were of the same age, he was born on February and you were born on November, so you were younger than him in a sense. “Yah!” you said, smoothing back your hair. Woohyun only smirked, “Oh no, I got to live with you for 3 years NOOOOOOO” woohyun than notices, trying to annoy you. “Is it that bad staying with me?” you pouted as woohyun nodded his head, laughing. “What’s so funny!” you furrowed your brows, “I was just kidding, don’t take it too seriously Jaena-ah” he shook his head before ruffling your hair one more time and ran upstairs, knowing that you really didn’t like people who touches your hair, “See you during dinner!” he said, laughing away, leaving you in a mess.