Confession

A Thing Called Love

“Oppa? Why are you here?” you turn to see hoya in front of you. Hoya rubs the back of his neck, he wasn’t looking at you, and instead his eyes were fixed on the floor. You expected him to give you an answer but he kept quiet.

After some time of silence, hoya spoke up, “You came here because of some letter right” he said, looking at the sky. You nodded slightly. Hoya continued, “It…It was from me” he said as he gulped. Your eyes widen, hoya, your best friend. You look at him, not believing what you heard. Hoya turn to you, “I… I like you. I like you Jaena-ah. Don’t ask me why or how, just I don’t know why, whenever I’m with you, even at my worst days; you would be able to cheer me up without fail. I wrote you a letter because I was too coward, I didn’t know what else to do. So I decided to use today to master up my courage to ask you to be my girlfriend. Will you be my girlfriend?” hoya said in a breath. You stood there not saying anything. You thought about it, you look at hoya straight in the eyes, like how much he meant when he was saying all these, you thought of myungsoo, how you still like him, you thought of how he doesn’t even notice you as much as he does to nada, you thought about everything how hoya had been treating you the best, he tries to talk to you whenever you’re sad, he was the best guy every girl deserve, but without a second thought, you agreed, “Yes, yes I will”

 Hoya’s eyes lit up as soon as you agreed, he pulls you into a tight hug, “I promise to take care of you” he cooed into your ear. You smile before hugging him back, hoping that he’ll make you forget about myungsoo.

That day, hoya and you went on and had a late lunch together and he even bought you your favourite flavoured ice cream, the both of you had lots of fun together, you laughed till your tummy hurts, and at about 6, hoya held your hand and brought you home.

“Well here we are” hoya sighs; he was just enjoying his day. “Yeah, here we are” you look at your hand, the both of you hadn’t let go of one another yet. Hoya looks down to where you were looking and found you staring at your intertwined hands. He rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment before letting go. “Sorry, I guess I forgotten about that” he chuckled; you giggled at his comment, “It’s okay really” you gave him a sweet smile, “See you tomorrow?” he said as you nodded, “Bye” he waved as he started walking off, turning back after every few seconds, you waved and giggled at his cuteness, maybe this would work.

You greeted your aunt with a bright smile on your face as you entered the house, you aunt felt it was weird because you usually come in with a tired face but today was especially different. “Are you okay Jaena?” your aunt walk towards you who was pouring some juice for yourself. Your aunt places her hand on your forehead, checking your temperature. “Yeah I am why?” you ask as you sip on your juice, “Nothing, you seem especially happy today” your aunt continued. You just smile before heading up stairs to do your homework.

--

You close the book to your geography work as you zip your pencil case and zipping them and placing them into your bag. You smile as you stood up from your seat, stretching yourself a little before going downstairs to have your dinner. You check your phone to see if there was any message and of course there was, from Seoyi and hoya. You open the message. “What are you doinggg?” the text read. “I was doing my homework” you chuckle as you reply hoya’s text. And as you were about to make your way out of your room, your phone rings, almost immediately. “Ah, hehe, so early” hoya replied, you shook your head as you look at the time it was already 7:30. “How is this early! Talk to you later alright? Gonna have dinner” you replied before rushing down to have your dinner. “Alright!” was hoya’s reply.

--

“Thanks for the meal!” you thanked your aunt again as you stack the plates carefully and bringing them into the kitchen. Your aunt just smile as she caress your hair and sudden a squeal was heard from the living room, you guessed it, your manly cousin, your talkative cousin, you friend’s crush, so manly. “What is wrong with you” you shouted from the kitchen, “Yah Park Jaena come to my room after you’re done with those I’ve got something to talk to you about” woohyun stared at his phone before giving you a smirk. You raise your brows before leaving the plates in the sink and running up to see what’s up.

“Hi cousin” was the first thing woohyun said as you entered his room.