You realise

A Thing Called Love

“I’m back!” you called out. “Oh Jaena, you’re here, I’ve got something to tell you” your aunt came out from the kitchen. “What is it?” you said as you took off your socks, before walking to the laundry room to place your socks there. “Your dad called, not long ago” she said to you. Your eyes widen, “Mom and dad?” you said, “Aren’t they busy in shanghai?” you asks, your aunt nodded, “They told me that they had to stay there longer and they have been thinking” she started, you nodded, telling her to continue. “They think you’re already old enough to take care of yourself, they were thinking if you get the top 5 places in your class for the upcoming finals, they will buy you plane tickets to go shanghai to meet them” she continued, you gasped, top 5? You weren’t those smart kind of person but in a class of 40 you were always the in the first half so that was okay for you. “Well, that’s great aunt! I can finally meet them!” you shouted, feeling happy. Your aunt smile, “Work hard Jaena-ah, than you’ll be able to meet them” you said before patting you on the back. You made up your mind, you need to get into the top 5, you have to work hard.

--

Another week pass, that means that finals are getting nearer and nearer, you and hoya had been studying in the library together ever since, sometimes the guys and Seoyi would tag along, but after a few days, they gave up in studying.  “Hey remember how we talked about the amusement thingy a few days ago?” hoya place his pen down as he turn to you, you nodded without looking at him. “I was thinking, want to go there along with the guys and Seoyi tomorrow?” he asks, it was a Saturday tomorrow, and you’ve been studying for the longest time ever, you thought for a moment, “Sure” you smiled. Hoya smiles, “Great! Pick you up at 6 tomorrow?” he told you as you nodded before the both of you start studying again.

--

The next day pass in a blink of an eye and it was 4 in the evening, all you have been doing all day was studying, nap, eat and more studying, you stretch yourself as you get out of bed from your nap, it was already 4 and hoya told you he would pick you up at 6 today, you had 2 hours to get ready. You went to your bathroom and took a short shower to make sure you smell nice, than you went on to pick out an outfit, you decided to wear a plain white tee along with a pair of denim shorts and to make sure you will keep warm at night, you got your kimono floral printed cardigan. After choosing your outfit, you blow dry your hair and did your make up. After finishing your make up, you look at the time, it was already 5:30, you grab a small sling on pouch and stuff it with money, your phone, tissues and a lip balm, you look at yourself one last time at the mirror before you head out, you slip on a pair of converse and you were ready to go, woohyun as well as the rest of the guys were already there, they decided  to leave the both of you alone for now, what a great cousin and friends right?

The doorbell ring not long later revealing hoya, “Hi” he smiled as you open the door, “Hi” you greeted back, “Ready to go?” he asks as you nodded your head, the both of you walk to the train station together and went ahead to meet with the others.

--

Time sure pass quickly, the 9 of you were having the best day of your life, you all played different rides together and played some carnival games together, hoya even won a toy bear for you. Sweet isn’t he. Then, all of you went ahead to get some food to eat. It was now 9pm, all of you decided to end the day off sitting in the Ferris wheel. Of course, everyone left you and hoya alone of course for the ride.

“Wah, isn’t this beautiful?” you asks as you look outside the window, hoya look at how cute you look before nodding his head, “Yeah, it is, isn’t it” , “If only I’m able to see this every day” you sigh. “I could bring you here every day if you want to” he joked, making you laugh. You look at hoya, you admit he was a really guy. At the same time, hoya looks at you, the both of you look at each other in the eye, hoya then slowly lean in and gave you a kiss, not on your lips but on your cheeks, you froze, that was when you realise.

--