Valentine's day

A Thing Called Love

“Here all done!” the nurse pastes a plaster on your elbow after washing it, you and hoya thanked her before walking out of the room. “So what really happened?” hoya pointed to your injury, hoping to have a full story from what Seoyi cut short. You laughed, “I don’t know, Nada said she wanted to play some game called monkey” you started as hoya nodded, listening to what you’re saying, “So I became the monkey, again it was what she wanted, and so suddenly while we’re playing the ball was thrown at me and I fell, simple as that!” you smiled thinking back to what happened, you scratch your head, “I guess I got to learn how to change a ball ey” you laughed, hoya chuckled before shaking his head, “Be careful next time alright?” he ruffles your hair. You place your hand at your brows as you salute to him, “Yes sir!” you said seriously. There was a short silence before hoya broke into laughter, “You’re cute you know that?” he laughed before walking leaving you who is blushing. Hoya who was walking in the front felt his ears getting hotter and hotter, is he being too obvious?

Today was Valentine’s Day, the day that you dreaded the most, guys and girls would be exchanging presents or giving each other presents as a confession or to show their love to the other, for the past two years you were one of those empty handed person, you didn’t receive any presents and neither did you try to give anyone, of course the chocolate for myungsoo that very day was otherwise. But today you woke up feeling fresh, you got up on the good side of the bed, you smile as you spread open your curtains, revealing the busy city of seoul as always. You stretch as you took a deep breath before skipping your way to toilet, there you took a hot bath before drying yourself up, you brush up and washed your face before making your way out, you did your usual makeup and comb down your hair straight, making sure to pin your fringe away from your face before changing into your school uniform, you hum to your favourite song as you walk to your studying desk and packed the items you needed for the day, you than went on and grab your favourite bracelet your dad bought for you a few years ago and sprayed some of your favourite Victoria’s secret body mist before skipping your way downstairs.

“Wow, mum someone look especially happy today” woohyun munches on his toast as he told his mum while pointing at you. Your aunt just laughed before placing your breakfast opposite woohyun’s, “Good morning Jaena, sleep well?” your aunt ask. “Morning!” you greeted the both of them before nodding your head to answer your aunt’s question. You finish your breakfast faster than usual before heading to the closet to grab a new pair of socks, you were about to slip it on when your aunt called you, “Remember your cupcakes Jaena, you spend a lot of time making that yesterday” your aunt reminded you, you gave a short reaction before making your way into the kitchen and grabbing your cupcakes from the fridge. You look at your cupcakes as you smile remembering all the work she did to make these babies, you made 3 for every one of them, referring to infinite and Seoyi, well except woohyun who ate lots of them yesterday, plus there were extras in the fridge, he could easily take one out from there. With that you slip on your socks and shoes before leaving the house, “Bye mum” “Bye aunt!” you and woohyun bid your aunt goodbye before leaving.

Walking into school wasn’t a surprise, woohyun as usual got lots of presents as the both of you enter the school, he smile as he thank the girls who were busy fangirling at his smile. But there was something that surprised you; a few guys actually came up to and gave you gifts you thought it was a joke at first but when you and woohyun met up with the others and you told Seoyi about it, she immediately took one of the presents out and open it to reveal a cute necklace, you and her gasp, “Oh my, this is amazing Jaena” Seoyi said to you. “The change of looks might have worked” Seoyi looks at you. You must admit Seoyi did a pretty great job on the makeover, although you had to wake up about 10 minutes earlier to prepare, it was worth it, but why can’t myungsoo notice you? You gave her a small smile before all of you made your way to the classroom.