Giving Everything Away For Free III

Forever & Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a typical day for a boyish girl, running errands for her boss with a huge load of box to be deliver to the courier company few block from their office. She choose not to call her friend to pick the packages since she wanted to escape from the office for awhile. With sweats dripping off her face, she went to the counter and fill some form.

"Am! Dude, is it raining outside?" Max, one of the staff that had been close to Amber after the boyish girl had become a regular faces in the courier service office.

"Had some urgent package to be deliver by today Max and it's so hot outside." she pull a tissue from the box at the counter and wipe her sweat, Max eyes widen as he saw the package that Amber brought.

"What the hell Am, you carried 3 boxes here alone? Aren't you still on rehab for you back injury?" he came close to her before hitting the back of her head.

"Ouchh! What is that for?"Amber rub her head while glaring at her friend.

"You need to be fit before the end of this month idiot, why did you carry a heavy stuff?" Max is one of Amber friends in her martial art class too.

"It wasn't that heavy Max, stop nagging like a mom." 

"Dude, the tournament is around the corner, you already missed a tournament 2 months ago for your waist and back injuries." he said in concern.

"Fine, I wont do it again. I just want to get out from the office for awhile." she said before stopped by Max when she tried to lift 1 box.

"Just sit there, I'll do this. Geez." Amber chuckled as she heard Max muttering something under his breath, another staff came out and hand a cup of hot coffee for her.

"No sugar, as always." Amber took the cup and place it on the table.

"Thanks Jean." the girl wink at Amber before leaving to her desk, Amber waited while sipping on her coffee. She occasionally flip on a magazine that placed on the table.

"Okay Am, you only need to sign here and everything will be done." the boyish girl nod and sign the paper that Max hand in, she bid her goodbye to everyone and went back to the her company building. It was pretty hectic when she arrived, the looks on her boss isn't the best.

"Try to contact Cheryl now, I seriously going to fire her. This is the 5th times she is absent without notice." Amber gulp and hand the delivery form copy to her boss.

"Oh, thanks Am." Amber shivered as she saw how fast her boss changed her mood. Just a seconds ago, Hyuna face were murderous but now she is smiling sweetly to her. She carefully adjust her chair before sitting, she bought a waist supporter after she got injured.

"What's wrong with Miss Hyuna?" she asked to Henry that passed on her cubicle.

"Tchh, Cheryl didn't show up again and she suppose to be at the main branch now to meet with Mrs Kim for a project discussion."  Amber sighed, she know the project is important to boost the company. Amber wanted to help so she stood and knock on her boss door.

 

Knock! Knock!

 

"Come in" Amber could hear a faint voice.

"Oh Am, why are you here?" Hyuna set all of her file aside and motion to the boyish girl to take a seat.

"Uhh, I heard from the others that Cheryl didn't show up again. So I'm here to offer some help, I know how important the project for the company" Hyuna raise her left brows while looking at Amber.

"It was so nice of you Am but I rather not, Cheryl had all the paperworks." Amber smile to her before answering.

"I had the soft copy for the paperworks since I did it for her." Hyuna gritted her teeth as heard it.

"So it was you behind all the brilliant idea on Cheryl paperworks all along?" Amber hesitantly nod.

"Yes, but I don't know about the brilliant part." Amber answered timidly, it's true that she is behind all the presentation that Cheryl made until she was promoted to be Hyuna assistant. Cheryl know that Amber hardly rejecting if anyone needed her help so she is using Amber as her stepping stone to reach her title now.

"If you were the one who racking your brain for everything, why didn't you pass the paper to me on the first place? I had make a wrong person as my assistant all this time." Hyuna frown as she heard Amber explaination.

 

Hyuna POV

 

I was furious as ny assistant fail to show up on the day that we suppose to had a meeting 1 of the influential client, everyone in the office know not to mess with me.

"Try to contact Cheryl now! I seriously going to fire her, this is the 5th time she absent without notice." I need the paperwork that she made for the presentation, I eye Greg murderously as he frantically called Cheryl. My anger subside as I saw the company eyecandy, Amber Liu. This boyish girl had been a talk on every floor since she effortlessly beating all the male population looks in this building, I know she didn't notice it since she always look confuse everytime the female staffs wink or shamelessly flirting her. I was too busy with my file while waiting for Greg news about Cheryl, someone knock on the door and when it was opened it, I blink my eyes for few times as Amber stuck her head on my door to peek on me. I shove all the files aside and order her to come in. It was cute how she propose herself as my assistant replacement but when I heard about Cheryl using her to made all the paperworks that gain her a quick promotion and this girl never said anything about it.

"She needed help so I give her a hand, and I'm not after the promotion." I smile at her answer, a selfless and humble humankind. It's rare to have this kind of person in the world that we living today.

"Pack your stuff, we'll be leaving to the HQ in an hour." she smile brightly and left my office. I finish up all of my works and decide to stay in my office for awhile. I'm excited, I finally had a chance to spend alone time with Amber today.

 

Today meeting were a success to ML company, Mrs Kim were impressed over Amber presentation. They will seal the contract next week and Hyuna decide to let Amber had free time after the meeting. She had a talk with Kim Corp chairman while Amber is roaming around the city.

 

Amber POV

 

Miss Hyuna is in a good mood after the meeting. She stay at the building since the ladies decided to hung out, me? I wasn't into their conversation so Hyuna let me roam around while waiting for her. I was enjoying myself having a window shopping since I dont plan on buying anything for myself at the moment. I went inside to check on the latest Jordan sneakers at a shop and when I'm about to go out, I thought my eyes play tricks on me. I saw a figure that I have been missing for 7 years, my feet move on its own. I was chasing over the figure that are now swallow by the crowd in the mall. My phone ring and it woke me from my trance, I look around and I finally noticed that I've was at the 4th floor of the shopping mall, I've must have been running and using the stairs.

"Hello." 

"Amber, it's me Hyuna. We'll staying for a night here, I had book our hotel room and meet at the HQ lobby so we could go out and buy some of our clothes."

"Yes Miss Hyuna. I'll be there." my eyes wanders around, still searching for the person but I sigh as I now convinced that my eyes does play tricks on me. It wasn't long until I reach the lobby, Hyuna wave at me from her seat. We stayed at the hotel nearby, I was exhausted after the suppose to be quick shopping with Hyuna. Tell me why do I even agree to accompany her for this? She literally dragging me to every shop in the mall. I flop myself on the bed after dropping all of Hyuna shopping bag in her room, I'm too tired to do anything but I still drag myself to the bathroom to refresh myself. I got few messages from my friends when I come out, Hyuna text me too to invite me for dinner. Since I was a fan of street food, I decline and went out to get myself something to eat. I glance on my phone to check on time, the elevator seems to reach my floor too slow.

"Are you planning to ditch me?" I startled as I heard a voice next to me, my boss smile brightly to me as she signal that the elevator door was opened.

"I thought you already went to the restaurant?" I asked

"I'm not letting you enjoy all the food alone." 

"But I was going for a street food, I dont think you going to like it." I said sincerely, Hyuna was born with a golden spoon while I'm only an average person who had to wotk hard for food.

"Tchh, I want to experience it Am. Dont think that those expensive food is delicious." I blushed when she call me by my nickname.

"But.."

"Stop with your 'but', just bring me there already. I'm hungry." I sigh in defeat, I lead her to the night market and I can see her excitement when we reach the food court. 

"This is seafood heaven!" I chuckle on her remarks, we took a table and ordered for foods. We end up ordering a lot since she wanted to taste everything. From the squid to the lobster, she even amaze on the simple grilled fish. I watch as she cutely eating her foods, I didn't know she could be so cute even with the mess around . I was so full but she still manage to finish everything but then she look at me in horror.

"What?" I was slightly panic seeing her expression.

"Why didn't you stop me from eating? Did I just finish all of this?" I burst in laugh as I heard her, she look at me and it shut me up in a flash.

"You look like enjoying everything Miss Hyuna, sorry that I didn't stop you earlier." I said formally since she is still my boss for godsake.

"This is what I had been missing all this time, I'll definitely coming back again." I paid for the food and we took a detour and a walk at the park before heading to the hotel. Tonight weather is so nice, the night wind and the city light. As we were walking and chatting happily, I froze as I heard someone calling my name.

"Amber!" the sound of the familiar voice ring into my brain, I didn't turn around but Hyuna tug my wrist and spun me around.

"Krystal..." it came out almost like a whisper to me, I look at her without any expression on my face.

"Hello Am and who are you miss?" she still had her effect on me, I gulp down to wet my seems to be drying throat.

"I'm Hyuna, we work at the same place." I watch as the girls exchanging a handshake but I still unable to say anything.

"Why are you so quiet Am? Speechless that I'm getting prettier?" my lips manage to curve a faint smile, I had been wishing you to not appearing in my life again but fate seems to be so cruel to me. Up until now my feeling toward you never changed, up until now it's still you in my heart.

"What are you 2 doing here?" I wanted to answer but Hyuna beat me to it.

"Amber is kind enough to bring me out for dinner, I never knew street food is so awesome." Krystal had her brows raise, she often do that when she is wondering.

"Miss Hyuna is my boss, I work in her company." Hyuna blushed as I said that. Krystal nod her head, she know I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter