Giving Everything Away For Free

Forever & Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cold morning winds blows as a figure standing at the balcony with a mug on her hand, the steam of the hot drinks accompanying her. As she enjoying the beautiful scenery, an image had crossed her mind. An image of a cheerful and dork girl, her bestfriend. It's been 6 years since they last meet, she wonder what is she up to now.

Flashback

"My name is Krystal Jung Soo Jung, born in US but moved here when I was 6, I'm 18 years old. I hope we can be friends" Krystal took a seat next to a tall girl called Sulli Choi

"The name is Amber Liu, American born chinese. 20 years old, move here few months ago" a boyish girl introduce herself and silently sit at the back of the class, she didn't talk much and didn't have too many friends.

"Krystal, want to grab lunch with us?" Sulli and her group of friends invited her, Krystal glance on the boyish girl only to find her sleeping.

"Don't mind her, I bet she will came to the cafe when she is hungry" Krystal nod and followed them, the cafe were crowded with students and there were a long lines at the counter.

"Gahh, we should've came earlier. I hate standing in lines" a short girl called Luna said

"Stop complaining will you? It's not like the lines will bes hort as you keep complaining" Victoria said making Luna silent, Krystal couldn't help but chuckled on her new friends bickering. She was getting bored but a figure caught her attention, she saw the boyish girl walking alone with a plastic bag in her hand. She saw as the boyish girl just walk to their class direction "Such a loner" she thought to herself. After half an hour, Krystal and her friends went back to the class, she saw the boyish girl munching on a bread while looking at her phone. She recognize Ailee, also in her class approach the boyish girl.

"Hello, Amber right?"

"Hello to you too and tes, I am Amber" she smile weakly

"How come I didn't see you in the cafe earlier? You should join me next time"

"Nah, I'm all good. I hate crowded place"

"Okay, call me Ailee" Krystal saw as the boyish girl smile and the smile is somehow making her feel warm, she decided to talk to Amber later and that is the start of their friendship. 

 

"Sull, have you seen Amber?" Krystal asked as soon as she enter the class

"You have been attached to her only after few days" Sulli said teasingly

"Is not" she said defensively

"Yeah, yeah. Keep saying that Jung" Krystal were about to strangle the taller girl before a voice stopped her.

"Good morning Krys, hi Sull" she turned and saw Amber smiling dorkily to everyone.

'Yahh, I thought you going to skip class for today" Krystal said as she sit next to Amber

"since when did I ever?" Krystal shrugged and the lecturer came inside the class to start their lesson.

 

Krystal POV

I was  having a period cramp, I begin to sweat inside the fully airconditioning room. I almost curled myself on the floor, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I look at the source of the voice, Amber looking at me in worried eyes

"Yeah, why did you ask?" I said, trying to sound normal. She nod and went back to her seat, I could feel her staring at me from the back.

"Excuse me Sir, can I excuse myself for awhile?" our lecturer nod and she step away from the class slowly and after few minutes, I finally went out from to class for toilet.

"Took you forever" the voice startled me

"Am, what are you doing here?" she was leaning her back on the hallways, she carefully took my hand and let me sit at the bench nearby. She hand me a plastic bag containing pills and hot drinks that packed in plastic.

"How did you?" she put her finger on her lips silencing me, I nod my head and mentally thanking her. When I think about it, Amber always noticing everything about me, even the tiniest thing. When I was moody, happy or sad. She is sometimes being overprotected, not that I complain but sometimes I wonder how she could notice it when no one else could. It's not just today, few days ago, me and the other girls went out at the malls. Amber usually being quiet and just follow us around, the malls are crowded and it giving me a slight uncomfortable feelings. We went to the arcade and I was immersed in the car race game, I put my wallet and phone next to me when the others watching me at the back, loudly cheering. Amber was being the same, standing at the back, saying nothing and just watch us.

"I'm hungry, let's go to the food court now" Luna said after my game end, all of us went down to the food court and I suddenly panicking as I forgot to bring my wallet and phone with me.

"Oh my God!" I loudly exclaimed and facepalm myself

"What is it?" Sulli asked and before I could say anything, Amber grab something from her backpack and hand it to me. My eyes widen when I saw my wallet and phone in her hand.

"Thank you! thank you! thank you! You are the best Am!" she just shrugged it off saying it wasn't a big deal, she asked me to be more careful next time and I just nod happily. She never really show her emotion, only laugh and smile occasionally. I almost never seen her pissed off even when our lecturer hand us 1000 sheets of paper as assignment, all of us are whining while she only garb the papers and silently sit at the back. The only time I saw her angry is when 1 of the guy being an and making Amber called by the college counselor, she was accused of frequently skipping class which is never happen. The guy is the 1 incharge of our class attendence and erasing Amber signature.

 

"Amber, Miss Nicole want to see you in the office now" we heard Alfred said and she just nod before going out, I could see a smirk from Alfred but only shrugged it off. After an hour, we were shocked when we saw her return in a rather angry face, she look at the smirking Alfred. Her eyes are filled with anger, no one dare to talk to her.

"Do that 1 more time I dare you" she said to him, our lecturer were shocked with Amber tone. 

"Amber, I'm still here in case you forgotten" Mr Stanley seems to notice the tensed atmosphere between them.

"I. Dont. Care" Alfred flinched a bit, Amber face darken every minute, I could see her hand are trembling. Sulli, Luna, Victoria and Ailee stood and pull her by the arms and literally draging her out from the class. I followed them to the hallways.

"What's wrong?" Ailee asked

"Thank you" she said while breathing out heavily

"Huh?" all of us were confuse, she could see our confusion.

"If all of you didn't drag me out, I would've punch him on the face"she smile faintly

"Why would you?" I asked, her gaze land on me and she explain everything to us. I could see everyone were fired up as soon as they heard it.

"Let's go back to the class, I need to apologize to Sir Stanley for being rude awhile ago" Amber said and walk in the room, she having a private talk and all of us are now giving a deadly glare to Alfred. The jerk only giving us a smug face. As soon as the class over, she blocked Alfred from leaving the room. Everyone in the class watch as Amber having arguement with the .

"I'll do that again.. DYKE" Amber launch over him but we manage to stop her.

"Don't tell me I didn't warn you" she spat out angrily, her knuckled turn white as she clenched on her fist tightly. After the incident, the 2 of them never were in a good terms but luckily Amber never do anything to him. One day, all of us went out to the mall together, along with Alfred and we were surprise as Amber were greeted by many people on our way to the mall.

"Hey Am! It's been forever since the last time I saw you came" she was surrounded by muscular guy when we passed the gym suppliment shop.

'Yeah, well I continue my studies and this is my classmates" all of them looking at us and greeted us politely, I could see Alfred are now scared as the group approach him.

"Is this the guy buddy?" whoaa, Alfred is so dead. He quickly excuse himself and fled, all of us are laughing at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter