Like We Used To

Forever & Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's almost 2 years since the last time I hold her. Im Yoona, the most gorgeous woman I met since the first time I step my foot on this foreign land. I met her through my friend Tiffany and Yuri, I was lucky to befriend with the most famous model and girl group in Korea. I was transfered to Korea by  the company that I'm working in LA, as a senior photographer and director. My Korean is getting better with the help of my friends, after staying for 7 years.

I first met Yoona when I was assign to direct a music video for Girl Generation, since I already work with Tiffany and Yuri few times, they help me to warm up with their members. I still remember Taeyeon and Sooyoung struggling to talk in broken english with me. Yoona stood brightly among everyone, I was caught by her laugh. And after few days of working with them, it was no surprise that I have been close to them. They manage to make me laugh whole day with their dorkiness, I grow fonder to Yoona as I spend more time with her. We go out together even after the music shoot done. From 1 to 2 date, from friendly date to something more intimate. She become my girlfriend after a years of courting, we even live together but of couse we didn't make our relationship in public. Waking up together, cook and eat together, cleaning the house together. I will drive her to works everyday and I'll fetch her up even when her schedule end at the dawn. We were so happy together.

 

Flashback..

"Baby, can you pick me up at Gangnam? My shoot is over and I'm hungry" I can imagine her pouting now, she always do that when she want something and tonight is no exception. My shikshin girlfriend need to be feed.

"Be right the honey, I almost finish with my works too." I end the call and quickly wrap the photoshot, we already finish when she called.

"That's it for today, good job everyone. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Thank you for your hardwork girls" I bow to the models politely, I can see a tint of redness on their cheek as I smile to them. They are indeed beautiful but me, Amber Josephine Liu is taken by Korea goddess, Im Yoona. I hurriedly put my equipment in my bag before leaving the studio, it took me almost half an hour before reaching Yoona shooting site. I called her as soon as I park my car and I can see her waving at her co-actor before heading to the car, I open the door for her from the inside as I know there might be paparazzi lurking around the area. I dont plan on exposing our relationship and risk Yoona career eventhough she always told me that she dont mind over it.

"Buckle up beautiful, let's get ourself a decent meal for dinner. What do you want to eat today?" This is always been my normal questiin whenever I pick her up, I know she didnt get a proper meals on her hectic schedule.

"Can we have beef? And stew, ddubbokki, bulgogi, oh and cake too." she always excited whenever she talk about food, I only chuckle as I focus on the drive.

"What?" I can feel her starring at me from the passanger seat, I look at her once the light turn red. I smile as I saw her pouting.

"You didn't answer me." I pinch on her cheek before focusing on the road again.

"You know my answer honey, we'll get all the food that you want. So stop pouting." she grinned before clapping her hand, such an adorable dorky girlfriend I had.

"You got to watch the drama that I'm addicted now" 

"What about it?" I just came back from work and she had an off day for a weeks and she spend whole time watching drama and lazying at home alone.

"there were this couple that been together for few years and then 1 day the girl fell sick and they found out that this girl had Alzhemeir.. Bla bla bla" I sat at the couch and listen to her narrating the drama that she had watch. She will even re-told the movie that we had watch together and I will keep listening to her as if I haven't watch it with her, I wont get tired of it because this will be the time where I could watch her multiple face expression without her being shy. 

"Tchh, do even listening?" she flicked on my forehead.

"Of course honey, you were talking about how good that guy been treating his gitlfriend when all she talk about is her ex." I said calmy, she kissed my cheek and it enough to make me grin.

"I thought you weren't listening." I smile to her before kissing her head.

"I love you Im Yoona, as much as that guy love his girlfriend. Oh wait, I love you more than his love toward the girl." she blushed and hide her face using a pillow.

 

It was both of our offday, I took out my guitar and sang at the living room. I watch as she prepared some snacks for us while occassionally immitating her favorite dance move from the song that I sing. I'm not confident over my singing but Yoona always had me singing, I couldn't resist her puppy eyes. So now it almost become a routine for me to sing for her and she will cook something for us to eat.

"Honey, stop dancing weirdly." I jokingly .

"You call that as weird? I'm 100% sure that guy dance that way in his music video, you're just jealous since you are bad in dancing." I laugh loudly as she become so defensive over it. Her member always called us as a weird couple since both of us aren't too fond of going out for date, we rather stay at home doing nothing. Yoona always told me that she love to hear my heartbeat, she said she could sleep soundly by listening to it. 

 

End of flashback..

 

"Am, you're ready for tomorrow night?" my friend, Rome asked me.

"Yeah, I think so." I smile faintly as I answer him.

"Come on man, you need to move on. It's almost 2 years, she is happy with him. You deserve to be happy to." he pat on my shoulder, I know that they worried of me. The famous actor, Lee Seunggi had requested for my service on his girlfriend birthday. I will took his girlfriend exclusive birthday photo and they will announce their relationship in public.

"Jackson, I need to go out for awhile. Can you handle the photoshoot for awhile? I promise I wont be long.“ 

"Yeah sure, I'll cover you but you do know that boss assign you for this photoshoot personally, right?" I nod and took my jacket.

"I need to breath Jack, I'll be back." I went out and slip a cigaratte between my lips, I light it and inhale a big amount of the deadly smoke. I begin to space out until someone snatch my almost finished cigaratte from my mouth.

"You shouldn't smoke, it's bad for you." that person throw my cigaratte.

"Hello Tiff." I smile to her, it wasn't a bright one but it was sincere.

"How are you Am?" she look at me in worried, I stop taking their group picture after breaking up with Yoona because it was too painful to me to be in the same room with her. The words from her the night we broke up is still imprinted on my mind and my heart still bleed whenever I remember it.

 

Flashback..

"You dont understand Am, you never did!" Yoona throw my camera to the floor, I pick it up and stare at her in disbelief. She know how much I treasure it.

"What is it that I dont understand? Enlight me, you're the 1 who didn't mind about exposing our relationship in public before. What is it that make you change your mind?" I still try to keep my composure, I know nothing will work out when both of us are angry.

"I was waiting for you to do that years ago, now what made you change? You think I will stay with you in the dark forever? You're wrong, there will be a time when someone came into your life and change the way you think of life." then it hit Amber, the sudden cold treatment that she been receiving from Yoona in this past few months definitely cause by someone else.

"So it was true then." she said softly while looking on the floor.

"W-what?" Yoona stuttering as she know that she accidentally telling Amber that she is seeing someone else

"The rumours about you and the actor."

"...." Yoona could utter a word from it.

"Is that why you've been so cold to me?"

"N-no, like I said before. You just dont understand since you are so stupid, you cant even do anything that wont irritate me. I only told you to not showing up in my event last night, it was a simple request and what did you do? You've been screaming my name like an idiot you are." Amber felt so offended with her accussation, she clench on her knuckle before hitting the wall. Yoona froze as she never seen this side of Amber before, the boyish girl finally burst out in anger.

"I am a photographer for godsake, I never plan out to be there but my company want me too. If you are embarassed to be seen with me then why dont you just act like we are stranger?" she spatted out, her hand is shaking to hold her anger.

"I am stupid for thinking that you will at least be happy that I, Amber are around you all the time. But I'm obviously wrong."

"This is why I call you as an idiot! You cant give me a family, you're a dyke!" Yoona had crossed the line both of them know it, Yoona herself are surprise for whatever came out from .

"You could've just be honest to me instead of lashing out your anger to me, I'm not your punching bag Yoon. You know how much I treasure this but look what you did. You dont just broke my things but you broke me too." she said bitterly.

"Then lets break up." Yoona said coldly, Amber just gave her a faint smile before packing all of her stuff. Yoona suddenly feel so guilty over everything, she wanted to take back the words but her pride is too much for that. She silently sit at the living room while listening to Amber painful scream from inside their room. She know Amber try to muffle out her scream but it still audible for her to hear, she cried as the tomboy cry. She heard a click from the room and she try to look as if she didn't shed a tears, Amber red eyes were looking at hers. Even when she spit out venomous words to her, Yoona still find Amber looking at her lovingly.

"Before I go, can I ask you on something?" Amber said with cracked voice.

"Just tell me already, I dont have all days to entertain you." Amber stopped her tracks, looking on something in Yoona eyes. Her stare was like piercing into Yoona soul, they stay on that position for few minutes before Amber drop her bags.

"Let me hug you for one last time, I promise this will be the last." Yoona nod faintl. When Amber embrace her tightly, all her emotion went wild. She going to miss her warmth, her scent, her gentleness and mostly, Yoona will lose Amber as soon as the boyish let go of her hug. She finally cried out, she is sobbing while clenching on Amber shirt tightly. Amber hand travel to her head and her finger ran through Yoona hair softly. 

"I hope you going to be happy." Amber whispered softly before break their hug.

End of Flashback

 

"Did you just spaced out on me?" Tiffany loud voice booming Amber ears, she let out a nervous laugh as she see her glaring her.

"Sorry, what did you said just now?" Tiffany shook her head before answering him.

"I heard you going to have an one on one photoshoot with a girl group today, why did you always decline when it come to us?" Tiffany raise her brows.

"I cant... I want too but I just cant, not when she is in the picture. I might lose myself again." Tiffany gaze soften and she patted Amber shoulder.

"Until when are you going to avoid her? Move on Am, I know it'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter