009: Second Marriage

Goodbye November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The evening set in and most of the guys had left the ward. Lay, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo went off for their part-time work and they promised that they'll come back again the next day. Suho, Tao, Chen, Xiumin and Sehun went down to the cafeteria for dinner, leaving Kai and Chanyeol in the ward with Eunji. Chanyeol was taking care of Eunji, dabbing wet cotton bud onto Eunji's dry lips as he watched her.

Kai, who was seated across Eunji on the couch, stared at the older male and chuckled inwardly. Hyung likes her huh, Kai thought. He's so obvious.

"Hyung, are you not hungry? You did not even have your lunch." Kai asked out of concern. Chanyeol has been taking care of Eunji since the time the boys entered the ward. Although Suho offered to take care of Eunji so that Chanyeol can go and grab some snack, and also to take some rest but Chanyeol stubbornly refused.

Kai stood up from the couch and walked out of the ward and took the lift down to the cafeteria, to see the boys talking loudly at a corner and of course, Suho would be shaking his head, embarrassed about his friends' actions.

"Have you seen my wallet?" Chen frowned and look at the rest.

"You still can't find it?" Xiumin snickered. "Where did you place it?"

"Yah, don't play with me and return me my wallet!" Chen whined.

"We really didn't take it!" Sehun said and drank his bubble tea.

"What's going on?" Kai joined in.

"Chen lost his wallet and he accused us of taking it." Tao explained.

"You guys took my wallet once, how are you all going to ask me to believe you this time round!"

"Your wallet is in Eunji's ward, hyung, you left it there." Kai said and took a seat beside Suho and ate one of their takoyaki.

"I did?" Chen rubbed his nape and sat down beside Sehun like a tamed kid and ate his food silently while the rest chuckled at his hundred degree change of behavior.


* * *

"Ah.. Myungsoo uh, you came home." Myungsoo's dad smiled at him when he saw the quiet boy standing at the door, removing his shoes. His father placed the blue apron down on the kitchen counter and walked towards the dining table.

"Yes dad."

"Come here," his dad called out and eyed the empty seat across him.

Myungsoo obliged to his father's command and sat there as he kept quiet. He was surprised that his dad was actually homed today, and even cooked a table of dishes. Usually, his father would be at work till late in the night and Myungsoo rarely see his father, needless to say, to talk to him. Myungsoo's family is not that rich. His father had to juggle between two jobs previously and it was until lately he stick to one job which its pay caters to his family of two.

Myungsoo's mother died two year ago, in the hospital, during a surgery. Until now, his father still blamed himself for her death, he would always said that it was because of him, that his mother would die. He would always say that it was due to his incapability to earn more money, his incapability to provide his wife a better medical care, his incapability to provide for his family. But all of these are not real. In fact, he was the best father ever. His wife never once blamed him when she was lying on the hospital bed. Myungsoo did not blamed him when he needed to work part-time for his own tuition fees. To Myungsoo and his mother, his father was the best father.

"Myungsoo-ah..." His father started, catching the attention of the younger Kim. "Aren't you lonely? Having to live by yourself." His father asked, his hands cupping his mug.

"I have Seyoon, I have my friends, I still have you, father. I'm not a tad bit lonely." Myungsoo smiled.

"Don't you wished you have a mother to care for you too?" 

"It's okay, mom is always watching me from the heaven."

"But father wants you to experience motherly love again." His father said and finally it dawned Myungsoo.

"Are you saying-"

"Yes, your father, I, am remarrying." His father confessed, his brows creased into a f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter