015: Last Examination

Goodbye November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You look worse than a panda, why? Didn't sleep enough?" Kai stared at the girl who just came by and had casually plopped herself down on the seat just next to him. Her eye bags were obvious and anyone could tell that Eunji had not gotten any proper sleep for days.

"Math exam..." Eunji sighed as she pulled out a math practice book from her bag and a pencil. Kai just stared at her while his hand held onto his handphone while previously he was using it to message someone. Eunji's eyes was beinging to feel dry and her eyelids were dropping. Kai took out a packet of vitamin supplements from his bag and gave Eunji one of the packs. "You probably need this," Kai said, concerned about the girl's health.

"Thanks," Eunji tore the packaging and drank the solutions that was inside of the plastic pack. Eunji placed the emptied bag on the table and continued working on it. Kai knew she wasn't good in math hence, the large amount of time spent in her revision. She did really badly in her math ever since year one so there is really nothing she could do to turn the table around. She has always been failing, and she is confident that this time round, she is going to fail as well.

"Yo! Good morning!" Chen's voice was heard loud and clear coming from the entrance of the cafeteria, making Kai's head to jolt up from his phone. Chen was making his way towards the table Kai and Eunji had hogged, and following right behind Chen was Baekhyun and Tao. Baekhyun's eyes were groggy, he must had stayed up the whole night studying for the exam as well. Well, anyone taking the SAT exam would have stayed up since it concerned their future.

"Good morning missy!" Chen shoved his face right in front of Eunji, who was so into solving her math problems that was came out of were the workings to her math problems rather than a 'good morning' back to Chen. Chen sulked and went back to his seat as he munched on his breakfast quietly while sulking.

"Yo guys," Kyungsoo came in shortly after and took the seat beside Eunji. His gaze left the guys and landed on the girl beside her who was now pulling her hair due to frustration with a pencil in between her set of teeth. "What's wrong with her?"

"Math problems is taking a toll on her." Kai mused. 

"Kyungsoo-ah, how do you solve this?" Eunji asked and pushed her math book to Kyungsoo who was drinking coffee to keep himself awake for the examination later. Kyungsoo's eyes shifted to the side as he looked at her book; solutions scribbled everywhere, canceled workings and basically a mess. Kyungsoo almost choked on his coffee when he saw the answer Eunji scribbled for the first part of the question. It was a simple question, but she still got it wrong.

"You know, you should have followed us to out friend's house to study instead of going home to sleep. Luhan, our friend, was really good in math and he'd be a great help to you." Kyungsoo nodded to his own statement before he started teaching her on what she was supposed to know. But instead of listening to Kyungsoo, Eunji had frozen in her seat.

Luhan, the name that slipped off Kyungsoo's lips hit Eunji hard. It was the only one word that will give her the feeling of nostalgia and she hated it. Luhan was the last thing she need to be reminded of before her major examination. The name brought an unknown pain to Eunji and no matter how hard she wanted to shake off the memories that were coming back to haunt her, she couldn't.

"I think Eunji is too tired, she's in daze," Baekhyun waved a hand in front of Eunji.

"I think so too." Kyungsoo chuckled.

"Oh where is Chanyeol? It's already 30 minutes before examination and he's still not here." Baekhyun asked the people seate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter