003: Convenience Store

Goodbye November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That afternoon was ruined, by Hoya mainly. So Eunji decided to skip the rest of the classes instead of staying in class. She walked towards the backyard and up the school hill where the fence is lower there. She threw her bag over the fence and climbed the fence, crossing to another side. She landed on the opposite without much difficulty. She picked up her bag and dust the grass away before walking away.

The clear blue sky above, the clouds that float by due to the wind, the warm sunshine that was shining brightly at Eunji; those were the thing that warmed Eunji's heart now. Eunji's life wasn't perfect. She grew up with her mother ever since her father passed away when she was seven. She does not have much memories of her dad, but the only thing that keeps her reminded of him was the anklet that she wore at her left ankle. It was given by her father when she was six, but it was too big so she kept it until the age when she can wear it.

She could still hear the soft tingling of the bell when she walked in silence. Everything felt so strange yet so warm. It was as if she was able to feel her father's comfort, her father's wise words, everything that a father will tell his daughter at times like this. Sometimes she would even imagine that her dad told her to kicked Hoya's if he was still around. She chuckled inwardly at her inner thoughts and shook her head. 

Eunji walked away from her spot, away from the school. She wandered around the street, ignoring the strange stares she received from the public. They are probably wondering what a high school girl like her is out on the street instead of studying in class. Eunji ignored them and continued wandering around. She stopped by a street stall. Attracted by the aroma of the traditional Korean spicy rice cake, she decided to fork out a few penny from her wallet and buy a serving of it for herself.

Eunji stood by the stall as she eat the rice cake while drinking the ice water the stall owner provide. She chatted with the stall ahjuma, laughing at the jokes both of them shared. The stall ahjuma was really friendly, Eunji thought. After eating and paying for her food, Eunji left the street stall and continued to wander around the street again. She walked by many different clothing stores and finally something caught her attention. It was a wishbone necklace. Her hands was placed on the display glass as she stared at the necklace.

Her hand reached up to her neck as she lightly grazed across the silver chain and the similar wishbone pendant that was hang around her neck. She swallowed a lump and blinked away the tears that were threatening to fall. "How silly of you Eunji-ah, stop thinking about him. He's probably living better off without you." Eunji muttered to herself and walked away from the store.

Her legs continued to carry her around the land of Seoul and her legs finally gave up on her when she reached the Han River. She sat on one of the benches that were available there and rested. Her hands were placed on the bench as her body slightly leaned back. She looked up at the sky and closed her eyes, enjoying the soft afternoon breeze.

Her mind was relaxed and calmed. Slowly, Eunji pulled her knees up and hold it closed to her chest, wrapping her arms around it. She rested her head on her knees and her eyelids slowly became heavier. Without her knowing, she fell asleep.

 

 

"Oppa, do you want to join our club?" Seyeon asked as she showed her a few pictures of the members playing volleyball in the beach. Chanyeol politely rejected her offer as he continued to fidget with his phone, messaging someone.

Seyeon frowned and pouted, irritated by the fact that Chanyeol actually dared to ignore her like this. She was not used to such treatment since everyone revolves around her, showering her with attentions. This was the first time and Seyeon actually felt competitive on winning Chanyeol's attention. Her handphone rang and Seyeon stared at the caller's ID. It was Hoya. Seyeon blew her bangs and shoved her handphone into her bag before grabbing her make up kit and went to the washroom.

Seyoon peered at her sister and shook her head in disapproval. She walked towards Chanyeol and took the seat that was in front of him before turning back to him.

"You n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter