028: This Love

Goodbye November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Eunji - It's You
(Recommended Song for the Chapter)

Siting on the seat near the window of the public bus was none other than Eunji herself. Her head was rested against the window as her stare blankly at the moving scenery outside. Her tears dried up, leaving her cheeks stained with the once hot tears. Her heart ached, it hurts. To her, Chanyeol was the only one she trusted, the only one that made her want to live out of her mask, her cold mask that once repels everyone away. He was the one who brought smile back to her face and the only one that made her felt truly happy once again.

Eunji closed her eyes as memories started to play themselves in her mind. The time when Chanyeol saved her from Hoya back on the bus, the first time she saw him smiling brightly at her when she saw him walking into the class as the new transferred student. The time when he helped her tend to her wound back in the convenience store he worked in with Baekhyun. Eunji remembered all of the little detailed memories, she also remembered their first kiss. Those memories triggered fresh tears as she cried wholeheartedly once again. Her head was lowered, preventing others to see her face. Eunji clutched onto her heart, bearing the pain that she was feeling from this heartbreak.

The bus was not empty, but neither was it crowded. Only a few people were on the same bus as her since it had passed nightfall. Her phone had missed call from Chanyeol, Myungsoo and an unknown number. Eunji switched off her phone before she buried her face in her hands once again. The bus drove downhill towards a small town. The night sky was clear, as the moon was accompanied by the warmth of the brightly lit stars.

All of a sudden, a loud screech was heard and what was heard next was a loud crash. A cement truck hit the bus Eunji was in which caused the bus to collapse side way. Eunji, who received the full impact directly from the truck falls into a state of unconsciousness. Neither of her friends and family knew that this would be the last time they would see her.

*     *     *     *     *     *

"An accident was reported at the downtown which involves a bus and a cement truck. There are a total of five injured passengers and one death." The news reported announced the shocking accident on the daily news channel. 

Myungsoo, who was seated on the couch stared at the TV screen blankly as his heart beat unknowingly fast against his chest. His eyelid twitched, which signaled a bad omen. His phone rang which pulled him out of his trains of thoughts. It was Chanyeol.

"Has Eunji come home yet?" Chanyeol asked.

"No. Did you see the news?"

"Yes."

"I'll call you again once I have news about Eunji." Just as Myungsoo finished talking, the house phone rang. It was an unusual happening, that the house phone rang for the first time he moved into this house with his father to stay with Eunji and her mother. "Wait a minute."

Myungsoo walked towards where the phone was situated and picked it up. "Hello?"

Myungsoo dropped the phone onto the ground the moment the person on the opposite revealed news about Eunji to him. On the other hand where his handphone was still tightly held, was Chanyeol's worried voice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter