031: Goodbye November

Goodbye November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Noel - Again
(Recommended Song for the Chapter)

"We've come to a conclusion that it's better if we just let Eunji rest in peace. Afterall, there is no hope for her coming back." The doctor bluntly said, causing Mrs Kim to breakdown once again. "We're very sorry for your loss." The doctor said and bowed apologetically towards Eunji's family.

Chanyeol stood outside the ward, looking at the situation through the glass panel. He couldn't go in, Mrs Kim wouldn't allow him. He stood there, with tears in his eyes. His hands were placed against the glass panel, wishing that Eunji would just wake up at this instant. How he wanted to barge in and stop the doctor from pulling away Eunji's source of oxygen that is keeping her alive. 

The doctor stopped the medical instruments and pulled away the tube that connected to Eunji, the only source of oxygen that kept her heart to beat until now. All of the people in the ward cried, even Myungsoo who tried his best to remain calm, broke down from the sudden loss. Chanyeol, on the other hand had his hand upon his heart, clutching it tightly before slowly sliding down with his back against the wall, and finally landed on the floor. He cried, once again.

Kyungsoo and the rest stood a distance away from Chanyeol, with their head boweds down, as a form of respect towards their friend that just passed on.


*     *     *     *     *     *

Days had passed ever since the day Eunji left the world and had her cremated. Chanyeol finally braced himself together and started to eat normally. He know that deep down, Eunji wanted him to regain back his usual self, the cheerful giant that never fails to put a smile on Eunji's face. It was a fact, even though at the last moment Eunji hated him for the harsh truth. But both of them know that it was not the truth, Eunji wouldn't possibly hate him to the core. In fact, both of them know that they loved each other and that was enough.

Chanyeol adjusted his shirt and lightly tousle his hair for a messy overall look. He picked up the lily that lay silently on his desk and walked out of his room.

"Ready?" Kyungsoo asked.

Chanyeol bit his bottom lips and sighed. "Yes."

The group reached the crematorium and stood right where Eunji's ash was kept. Her photo that was on the stone had her smiling so brightly that it brought pain to everyone's heart. Eunji was a good friend to all of them, and the best girlfriend to Chanyeol. He vowed to himself that he would marry her in the future, but their destiny would not allow them to.

Chanyeol placed the fresh stalk of lily beside Eunji before taking a step back. "I hope you will be happy at where you are right now, be it with your father or brother." Chanyeol lowered his head and muttered one last apology. "I'm sorry Eunji... Please forgive me."

The group left the crematorium a bit later than expected, as Chanyeol had a lot to say to Eunji. All his heartfelt words and all his disappointment of unable to accomplish what they wanted to do together. But Chanyeol knew that it was time when he stand up from this great fall. He needed to move on and he knew that this would be what Eunji wanted to see. A cheerful giant, running towards his dreams. And most importantly, for him to find his happiness once again.

 

To Chanyeol

​I'm sorry that I left you so early. I'm really sorry for doing so, but I have to admit that for the past few months, it was the happiest time of my life. I'm really grateful for you, for coming into my life and of course, I'm thankful that you love someone like me. I'm not a perfect girl, but with you, I feel like I'm the best for you. I'm not trying to compliment myself or anything though! I love you giant. I hope that when time goes by, there will still be a place in your heart for me. I hope you'll still remember me in the future. I'm sorry I could not be by your side physically, but I hope our memories will be an encouragement for you to strive forward and accomplish what you always wanted to do. I'll be watching over you, from the sky. When you get lonely, just look up to the sky, though we are not in the same world, but at least we are in the same universe. We will always be together and I'll always be with you until you find your happiness again. I'm thankful for all these while, I never thought that I could love again. After Luhan... Well, I never thought that someone would even like me and not to say, love me. But you did. I'll always remember those happy moments spent with you, and above all that, I'll rem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter