027: She Left

Goodbye November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting on the seats available at the waiting area in front of the registration counters was Hoya, who had arrived at the hospital early in the morning for his appointment. When the nurses finally called him and told him to proceed to the consultation room, Hoya got up immediately without even thanking the nurse. Hoya stood outside the doctor's room for a good ten seconds before finally entering the consultation room after knocking. 

"The test result was out and I have a good news to share with you, and a bad one too." The doctor said, his face serious as his hands interlocked loosely and was placed on the table, above Hoya's documented test results.

Hoya's head was lowered, not wanting to see the doctor's face. "Tell me the good one first."

"You're a suitable donor." The doctor said and sighed right after he completed his sentence.

Hoya nodded, ushering the doctor to continue with what he wanted to say.

"However we find cancer cells in your blood marrow." The doctor closed his eyes before opening them. He opened up the brown envelop with the hospital's logo printed on the top left and took out the documents. He placed it neatly in front of Hoya whose head is still lowered. "You're diagnosed with Leukemia, which makes it impossible for you to be an organ donor."

Hoya smiled faintly and nodded. "Thanks." He took the document and left the consultation room without hearing to what the doctor was going to say next.

It's crashed now. All my hope for you to be alive.

"Uh- Hoya?" A familiar voice was heard coming from a distance not far away from him. He looked up and saw a familiar figure walking towards him. It was Myungsoo.

"Hey." Hoya smiled at the latter and hid the envelop behind his back as Myungsoo walked towards him. "Why are you here?"

"Seyoon is sick. So I came here to accompany her."

"What happened to her?"

"She had a high fever up to 41 degree."

"You should stay by her side, what are you doing out here?"

"Getting something to drink. I'll be going back to her once I got what I need." Myungsoo smiled before going off.

"About Eunji..." Hoya trailed off as he hesitated if he should be asking what he wanted to.

Myungsoo came to a stop after hearing Eunji's name. He turned around to look at Hoya to be welcomed by the view of his back. Hoya turned his head to the side, showing Myungsoo his side profile. Hoya lowered his head and closed his eyes for a while before opening them and turning his body to face the latter. "About Eunji," he paused as he in a deep breath before continuing. "Is she alright?"

"That's so rare of you to be concern of someone you used to picked on." Myungsoo purposely avoided his question as he looked at Hoya in the eyes. "You like her, don't you?"

"No." Hoya answered calmly. "I'm just asking since she's your stepsister."

"Stepsister..." Myungsoo chuckled. "Yeah, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter