014: New Family

Goodbye November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo was standing at the last step of the stairs that connects the first floor the the bedrooms upstairs. His arms were folded in front of his chest as he looked at the couple who were walking around the place; one being the one introducing his house, another one being the one starring at the place in amusement. Myungsoo exhaled loudly, catching the attention of the couple who were talking happily, laughing amongst themselves at some jokes which Myungsoo finds it not funny, at all.

"Oh there you are Myungsoo," Minjoong grinned and gestured him to come forward. "Come and greet your mom."

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and turned around as he made his way up the stairs to his own room. His father scolded him and yelled at him for being rude, but was only pulled back by the overly caring stepmother who told Minjoong that she understood how Myungsoo must have felt. "It'll take time for him to accept me, probably never. But I don't mind that at all. I'll go and help Eunji with her bags." Yeonhee said and went out of the house to see Eunji still struggling with her luggages.

Minjoon approached the mother and daughter and lend Eunji a hand at the same time giving Yeonhee a peck on her forehead as he apologized for the grievance she will be experiencing. Yeonhee smiled and patted her husband's arm as she told him that she will be fine with it. Eunji snickered at the couple in front of her and fake a shudder. "Dad, Mom, if you guys were to share a moment of your own, do it when I'm not around please?" Eunji playfully teased.

Unlike Myungsoo, Eunji was more than happy to be able to have a dad in her life. She lost her dad when she was very young, while Myungsoo lost his mom just two years ago. The attachment with his mom still lingered for Myungsoo, while for Eunji, it was just a piece of non-existence memory of her with her dad. She was happy that she will be able to experience love from both side now and also, she was happy that her mom has someone to turn to when she was sad. Especially times when Eunji was hospitalized, and also, she knew that Minjoong will be there for her mom, if ever Eunji were to pass on earlier than everyone present.

"Eunji ah, I'll bring your luggage to your room," Minjoong said and gave Eunji a warm smile, "come along, I'll show you your room."

The two walked up the stairs as Eunji slowly take the environment into her mind. It wasn't something like her old home, which was much fancier. But this house has something that her old house lacked - love. Sure, her mom does give her the love she need. But this is totally different. She could feel the love of a complete family, which was something Eunji had longed for a long time ago.

Minjoong took Eunji to her own room, which was located right beside Myungsoo's. She thanked her stepfather before closing the door as she went to sort out her luggage; hanging the clothes in her new closet. Before her eyes landed at the surrounding of her room, her eyes fell on the dreamcatcher that was hung in the middle of the window. Eunji smiled as she walked towards it, caressing the feathers that was attached to it, Eunji smiled.

Are you going to catch all the bad dreams for me and only giving me the good ones? Eunji sighed and continued staring at it for a moment. My worst dream so far was me leaving. Will you get rid of that dream for me? 

A familiar ring tone was heard as the phone vibrate against the soft cotton surface of her own sweater. She pulled out her phone and smiled at the caller.

"Why are you calling me? It's still so early." Eunji cooed.

"I just feel like," a chuckle was heard later, causing Eunji's smile to grow. "How is your new home? Do you like it?"

"Yeah, it's pretty nice, and cozy! Oh! My stepfather was really nice, too nice to be honest. My mom said that appa has a son, but I've yet to seen him. She said that she attends the same school as us, what a lovely coincidence huh?"

"Really? Well, you should really introduce your new brother to us soon! And I was about to say if you don't like it there you could move in with me." Chanyeol said, but Eunji could tell that he was blushing at another side, maybe even burying his head in the pile of blankets and pillows from embarrassment.

"Yah." Eunji snorted. "Move in what, we're not in that kind of relationship, please."

"We shared a kiss! How is that considered 'not in that kind of relationship'?"

"Whatever," Eunji laughed and looked at the clock that was hangi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter