019: 3:30 a.m.

Goodbye November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The pair rode a silent ride in the cab, with Chanyeol glancing to the side to take a look at Eunji every now and then. Eunji was silent as she looked out of the vehicle to view the Busan scenery. The vehicle drove passed a meadow and finally stopped at a distance from Eunji's destination. "I can't go on any further, you two have to walk on your own from here on." The driver said and apologized.

Chanyeol handed the cab fare to the driver and thanked him before the two made their way out of the cab as they watched the car drive away from them. Turning their body around to face the front, they continued on with their journey on foot, with silence lingering around them once again. The sound of crickets made their journey enjoyable, as the soft night breeze blew past them. The sky was clear, with no signs of clouds. The stars formed into constellation, with the Orion's Belt being the brightest of all. 

"Where are we going?" Chanyeol's voice cracked, breaking the silence at last.

"To visit my brother."

The stalk of lily in Eunji's hand was raised as she put it under her nose. She smell the fragrance of the white flower and put the flower down again. Chanyeol looked around the place as he hugged his jacket close to himself, rubbing his arms. It was cold but he didn't want to stop her from doing the things she want especially when the signboard ahead caught his attention. He knew exactly why she was here. (Signboard shows 'cemetery'.) He took out his scarf around his neck and placed it around Eunji's. "Don't catch a cold."

Eunji smiled but said nothing more.

When the two finally made it to Mingki's grave, Eunji knelt down in front of it and placed the lily right above. She dust off the fallen leaves that covered his tomb and caressed the picture of a young boy that was on it. A few drops of tear escaped her eyes and Chanyeol just stood at the side with his head bowed. 

"How have you been? My dongsaeng?" Eunji moved her position and sat beside his tomb. Eunji talked to her dead bother and Chanyeol just stood there, listening to all her words, the things Eunji never told him. From her school life from freshman to now; from how Hoya was giving her a hard time; to how her conditioned had worsen. Chanyeol looked up and looked at Eunji who was sighing deeply.

"Are you coming to get your sister hm?" Eunji chuckled and clutched onto her heart. "I've been counting down, to the day I'll finally leave this beautiful place. It wasn't beautiful at first, Mingki-ah. But I met people who made it beautiful. Chanyeol oppa- ah, he's your hyung. And many other of his friends that made my life a lot more colorful and breathable. Did I tell you about Jongdae?" Eunji paused and laughed at her memories she had with him in the hospital ward when she had a relapsed that day after soccer. "He is really mean, I can't even stay in the hospital properly without having nightmares because of him." 

Eunji rubbed her hands together and continued.

"Noona is tired, Mingki ah. It felt weird lately, it's like something is off over here." Eunji touched her heart and pat it twice. "I can feel it..."

"Eunji..." Chanyeol muttered.

"Noona don't have much time left now, do I?"

 

The pair made their way out of the cemetery after a good 1 hour stay. The mosquitoes were feeding on Chanyeol but he did not rushed Eunji for his own annoyance, but left with her only when Eunji decided that it was time. The night set in and before anyone knew, it was already half past ten. The road was empty with no vehicles passing by and there were no one else besides the two of them. But then, it wasn't eerie at all, even though they are near a cemetery. It feels that someone was protecting them, someone who was really close to Eunji.

"Dad..." Eunji smiled when she remembered him. She was too caught up with her thoughts and only remembered about her brother's grave when they came because of the students she saw on the street earlier. She had forgotten, the father that loved her and had always protected her since birth, maybe up till now. "How can I let that slip my mind." Eunji muttered to herself.

"Hu-ahhk!!" Eunji grapsed onto her chest tightly, her legs feeling weak from t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter