017: It's All Over

Goodbye November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Cab - Lovesick Fool

Taking a deep breath of the cold autumn air, Seyeon pulled up the zip of her pink jacket all the way up as she stuck her hands into the pocket of it. Seyeon took her regular route around her district as she stroll around while kicking random stones that were in her way. What's wrong with me lately, why am I so carried away by that Park guy. Seyeon sighed as she took a seat on a bench that was facing the lake.

I have not even talked to Hoya properly these days. Seyeon sighed inwardly and pulled out her phone to check for any incoming messages or calls to only see the missed call from Hoya previously and also, the ignored messages that was sent to her during the exam period. Those messages are really sweet and encouraging and it is how Hoya is on the inside, despite his harsh words and intimidating appearance. Each sentence from the messages were dripped with concern and Seyeon felt really bad right now.

When Seyeon was about to call Hoya, the image of Chanyeol kissing Eunji's forehead floated in her mind again. Her gripped around her phone tightened as she pressed her lips into a thin line. What was so good about Eunji, she just a nobody. Pfft, I don't even know which social class she belonged to. Her jealous thoughts once again blocked out all the feelings that she had with Hoya.

She huffed and stood up from the bench and attempted to walk away when her vibrating phone prevented her from doing so. It was the first call from Hoya that Seyeon ever picked up after a month or two. Truth to be told, Seyeon did not even looked at who the caller was. She just picked up blindly just so because she was too worked up thinking about the sweet scene in the examination hall.

"What!" Seyeon's voice were loud and it was obvious she was agitated by something. The person on the opposite line paused for a while before a sigh was heard. Seyeon looked at the ID and mentally facepalmed herself. It was from Hoya and after a long while, all she could do was to shout at him. Even though it was not intentional.

"After so long, all you could do is shout at me? What did I even did wrong to be honest," Hoya words dripped with disappointment. "I have something to say, come to our usual place." With that, Hoya cut the call and left Seyeon wondering what he was actually up to. Right before Hoya ended the call, Seyeon could hear him sighing.

Seyeon blicked once and stared at her phone screened that out. Her heart thumped against her chest as her grip around her phone loosen. It had been so long since Seyeon had this kind of feelings - uncertainties and uneasiness. Is he going to... break off with me? With a heavy heart, Seyeon walked towards her destination where Hoya is there, waiting for her.

~

Hoya stood near the metal grey railing that fenced the rooftop perimeter as he placed both hands inside the pocket of his jeans, staring at the people who were walking around in the quiet town. He sighed again as he caressed the picture that is displaying on his phone screen. This is going to be the best for you, and for me. I'm going to let you go now, Seyeon ah...

"You're looking for me?" Hoya turned to where the voice came from, to see Seyeon standing a distance away from him. his dry lips, Hoya took a few steps to close up the distance in between them. He stood there for a couple of seconds just staring at Seyeon who had her hands behind her, looking around as she tried to avoid Hoya's eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter