013: Scar

Goodbye November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The time ticking by was making Eunji sweat from anxiousness. One more minute, and it'll all be over. She shade the bubble in her SAT answer sheet for her last question and when she lift up her pencil, the clock strike 12. "Alright students, times up. Place your hands on the table and I'll go around to collect your answer sheets." The invigilator walked around and collected the students answer sheets and she dismissed them all after she had counted that the number tallies with the number of students present.

"Library?" Yixing asked immediately as soon as Chanyeol and Eunji walked out of the classroom.

Ever since the SAT exam started, the usual clique has been studying together, it's either in the library or at one of their houses. It's been weeks since Kris and Luhan returned but Eunji had not met them at all. That day when the two were seen in the school was because they wore their old uniform and disguised themselves as one of the students here and snuck in. Truth is, they have already graduated and were now in university, which is where they are aiming to go to, after their exams.

Eunji nodded and when the three were about to leave for the library, a few more pairs of legs joined them, and a few arms thrown on them. "Let's study at my house today!" Jongdae grinned from ear to ear. 

"No thanks. I don't remember any days when I can study peacefully at your home. You're either playing a horror movie while we're studying or we're all distracted by your video games!" Kyungsoo groaned.

"Fine by me. We'll go to Luhan hyung's house, how about that?" Jongdae suggested.

Eunji's head shot up at the mention of Luhan's name. She stared at them, wondering if the Luhan they knew were the same Luhan she knew. The guys were talking amongst themselves and Eunji took the chance to slipped away from them as she proceed to her locker.

She sighed as she placed her things into her locker. She took out her math textbook and a formulae notebook from it and closed it. She took in a deep breath and began to walk away when a figure stood in front of her. She recognized those shoes, it doesn't belong to anyone she was close with.

"Seem like your ex is coming back?" Hoya's voice rang and Eunji looked up to see him looking at her as well. His expression was unreadable, was he mocking her? She doesn't know. "I know you dislike people like us." Hoya folded his arms across his chest and continued. "By us I mean gangsters."

Eunji rolled her eyes and scoffed before she slump her bag over her shoulder and walked passed Hoya. But his words stopped her from doing so. "Don't you want to do a little bit of a background check on your new boyfriend?"

Eunji turned around and looked at him, confused. "What do you mean?'

Hoya shrugged and smiled. "I don't know, do you?"

"You're seriously..." Eunji wanted to curse at him and show him her two mighty finger, one from each hand. But she refrained herself from doing so and just walked away.

 

Eunji reached home and threw her bag on the space beside her bed, which cause the keychain that was attached to it to knocked onto the nightstand with a loud clank. She pulled out her phone from her pocket to see four missed call from Chanyeol, which she labeled him as the giant, with a heart at the side. Embarassed by the name she saved him as in her phone, she quickly locked her screen and went to take a shower.

The warm water that landed on her head falls over her and all over her body. Eunji let out a soft moan, satisfied by the comfort the warm water is giving her. It felt nice, in a sense. After shampooing and washing of her own body, she stepped out from the shower with a towel wrapped around her as she came out from the bathroom and stood in front of her opened closet. She picked out a hoodie and a pants from the closet and closed it, a little to harshly.

The towel around her dropped and she was now standing , in front of an elongated mirror. Her hand was raised, her finger grazing across the long scar that was cut downwards across her chest. She sighed at the sight of it and turned away; she quickly wore her clothes and started studying, ignoring the calls from Chanyeol. She needed a little break, her mind was filled with things that she should not be thinking about:

"Don't you want to do a little bit of a background check on your new boyfriend?"

"He's not who you think he is."

Hoya's words kept on repeating itself in her head. She placed her pen down on her notebook and looked up from it, her eyes landed on a small photo frame that was placed on top of the shelf. Eunji smiled at the faint memory she vaguely remembered about the boy that posed right next to her. She took down the ph

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter