023: Truth

Goodbye November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Miss Jung's condition has worsen, it's a miracle that she still can make it until now." The doctor said as he heaved a despair sigh. Eunji has been Doc. Lee's patient since she was born and the doctor had in fact bulit a very good relationship with Eunji. He was just like her father ever since her father passed on. "We need a donor as soon as possible." Doc. Lee said as he stood outside of Eunji's ward, talking to Chanyeol.

"Am I a suitable donor?" Chanyeol asked.

"I'm afraid not."

"How long more does she have?"

"Maximum, four months."

Chanyeol nodded and the doctor walked away. Chanyeol turned his head to look at the girl who was lying on the hospital bed, sleeping, he heaved a sigh as his heart ached at the thought of her leaving him. To him, she was so precious and he is not ready to let her go. With the time remaining, he was afraid, afraid that she would just go without him knowing.

Chanyeol stepped into the ward and sat beside Eunji on the chair available beside the bed. He held onto her hand and placed is against his lips, kissing her hand tenderly. "Promise me that you'll not leave so soon..." Chanyeol sniffed and closed his eyes. "I can't afford to lose you, not so soon, not now..."

*   *   *   *   *

Eunji's eyes opened to see the smiling giant lying beside her, the cold air meeting her bare shoulders as she shivered a little. "Hey, you're awake?" Chanyeol's husky morning voice greeted her, causing her smile to get even wider. Eunji nodded as she snuggled closer to Chanyeol for warmth.

The day before, Eunji spent her afternoon making love with Chanyeol and since her parents called her and told her that they won't be back until today evening, Eunji decided to stay over at Chanyeol's place. The night before, the pair made love to each other once again and this time round with emotions that both of them could not comprehend. They were afraid of losing each other, they were afraid that time would not be in their favor, they were afraid that such moments would not last forever.

That morning, Eunji woke up beside her beloved, both of them still from what they had last night. Chanyeol buried his face in Eunji's hair, taking in her vanilla scent while kissing her head. He cuddled her closer towards him and pulled the blanket higher to their shoulders and wrapp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter