006: Untold Secret

Goodbye November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol and Eunji reached the school field as they made their way towards the bleacher. From afar, Chanyeol could see the two classes that were having gym class. Amidst all the students, he could easily spot his two friends who were having fun in each of their individual sports. Not surprised, Chanyeol's friends were very popular in their class. Well, that could easily happen if you have the looks.

"Why are we here?" Eunji asked, breaking silence that was around them; ignoring the fact that there were cheering and screams from the court.

"To relax and to watch them play," Chanyeol said and patted the seat beside him. "Don't just stand there, come and sit down." He flashed her a grin and urged her to sit with her.

Eunji walked towards him and took a seat beside him and watched the crowd.

"What's your favorite sport?" Chanyeol asked curiously.

"I don't do things like that."

"Things-- you mean sports? Why?"

"I hate it." Eunji rolled her eyes and fiddled with her fingers. If only I could play sports. Eunji thought and sighed inwardly.

"Don't hate on sports! It's really fun. We have gym class later, come on, you should try!" Chanyeol said cheerily.

"I don't want to do it."

"At least try it?"

"Are you always this annoying?"

"My friends said that I'm annoying too," Chanyeol chuckled. "But that is how I am." He grinned.

"Stop grinning, it irks me."

Chanyeol's expression went down and his grin was now replaced by a soft, sincere smile. Eunji looked at him for a second and she somehow felt bad for asking him to stop grinning. It was his freedom for him to grin, but seeing Chanyeol's changed because of her words, made her feel bad.

"No matter what happens, I will always smile like an idiot." Chanyeol mumbled softly, but loud enough for Eunji to hear.

Eunji just starred at him from the side and said nothing.

"Hyung!" A voice called out from behind, catching the attentions of both Eunji's and Chanyeol's.

Chanyeol turned to his back and see a boy around his age, slightly younger, walking towards him. Chanyeol stood up from his seat and walked towards his friend as they did a little bro-fist.

No matter what happens, I will always smile like an idiot. That particular phrase kept on repeating itself in Eunji's mind. She looked at Chanyeol who was not chatting happily with his friend while he was grinning and laughing away. 

Idiot Park Chanyeol. How can you always smile for whatever that might happened? Even the bads? Are you stupid? I don't know why I am so annoyed by the fact that you are always so cheerful. It really irks me, when you smile like that, so happily. At the same time, I really envy you, Chanyeol-ah. I don't know, I just... I wished I could be as courages as you. It's not that I don't like to smile, it's not that I am always feisty around people. I just, I just could not gain back my old self anymore. I'm scared, I'm worried. You don't know me Chanyeol, so don't get too close to me. I don't want you to get hurt...

Eunji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter