030: Broken Promises

Goodbye November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Huh Gak - Tears Like Today
(Recommended Song for the Chapter)

Chanyeol stood beside the bed where Eunji was lying on, staring at the lifeless girl whose heart was still beating. But everyone knew that this was not a hope that they all should hang on. Eunji was gone, and all of them are going to accept it. Not now, but someday, they will accept this. 

"It's all your fault!" Eunji's mother wailed as she hit Chanyeol's chest with her hands that were clenched into tight fists. Chanyeol stood there, holding onto the tears that were threatening to fall. He stood there, as he continued getting hit willingly by Eunji's mother. He knew it was his fault and he will not fight back or give any excuses to push the blame away. It was the fact that this all happened because of him, and he was willing to accept all kinds of punishments.

Mrs Jung, now Mrs Kim, was being pulled away by her husband, as she continued crying over the lost of her beloved daughter.

"Eunji left something for all of us." Myungsoo said and gave the letters to his parents and Chanyeol. "Here are some for your friends, help Eunji give it to them." Myungsoo said and gave the rest of the letters to Chanyeol, which was written to the rest of the EXO members. Myungsoo took one last look at Eunji before walking out of the ward, not wanting to look at her any longer, afraid that he will not be able to control his emotions.

Chanyeol remained silent in the ward as he continued looking at Eunji, with tears streaming down his face. His dark eye rings were obvious, contrasting with his fair skin tone. He had not been sleeping ever since that night he reached the hospital. All he could do was to look at Eunji, with his heart filled with regret and apologies. He was sorry for taking away her brother from him, and he is willing to accept this punishment from God, by taking the one he loved away from him. Chanyeol could barely stand still with his two legs, he was weak, from the lack of sleep and exhaustion. But he felt numb instead, he could not feel any pain from running too much that night, he could not feel the pain of getting hit, he could no longer feel anything other than the heartache from losing the love of his life.

*     *     *     *     *     *

"Eunji left this for you." Myungsoo said as he handed the pink envelop to Hoya, who was seated across Myungsoo in a coffee house. Myungsoo's eyes were red from crying, his voice were shaky and he looked away immediately after Hoya took the letter from him.

"What's with the sudden letter?" Hoya asked, but Myungsoo just kept quiet as he looked sideway, to the view outside of the coffee house, where people are walking in the busy street of Seoul.

 

To Hoya.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter