018: Jealousy

Goodbye November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji's family reached Busan in the evening that day, at 7.45p.m. The train took 2 hours to travel from Seoul to Busan and the family were now eating in a noodle shop somewhere down Busan. Eunji felt really happy to be back here, because this was her birth place. But then again, when she started to reminisce the past, a strong feeling is sadness stabbed right into her heart. Becase this, is the very place her brother died in.

"Why aren't you eating? Is it not suitable to your taste?" Eunji's stepfather asked and glanced at Eunji while he blew on his noodles and putting a mouthful of it into . Myungsoo just stared at her when she slowly placed her chopstick down. She smiled and shook her head.

"No, it's not that. I just don't feel well." Eunji explained.

"Are you alright?" Eunji's mother asked and felt Eunji's forehead.

"I'm fine, just the long train ride is making me feel sick."

"Oh dear, I forgot you have motion sickness. Myungsoo, can you bring Eunji back to the hotel and let her rest? We'll buy you dinner later since you don't want anything from here."

Myungsoo just nodded and grabbed Eunji's bags and walked out of the ramen store. Wrapping his scarf around his neck tighter, Myungsoo waited for Eunji to come out of the shop before he pick up his pace again, walking ahead of Eunji, towards their hotel.

"Thanks, I guess." Myungsoo muttered.

Eunji jogged up towards Myungsoo and walked beside him. Looking at his side profile, Eunji tiled her head to the side and blinked twice. "What?"

"Just thank you."

"For what?" Eunji scratched her head and frowned in confusion.

"For being unwell."

"Huh?" Eunji stopped and stared at the man in front of him. "Did anyone said that you're very weird?"

"It's logical. I mean, you being sick gives me an excuse to leave the dinner earlier since your mother asked me to bring you back to the hotel." 

"...do you hate my mom that much."

"I don't hate her."

"Then?"

"I'm just..."

"Just?"

"Nevermind."

Eunji huffed and followed right beside Myungsoo as the male cleared his throat and looked around, trying to ease the awkwardness. They continued walking in silence until a group of teenagers in their middle school uniform walked past them. They were talking and laughing at their own jokes and they were playing very happily, enjoying themselves. Eunji stared and smiled softly.

"What's wrong?" Myungsoo asked as he walked back to the girl who was lagging behind.

"Nothing."

"Why do you keep staring at them?"

It was like a bullet that shot through her heart. She bit her lips as tears welled up in her eyes. Shaking her head, she told Myungsoo that she was alright. "Can you accompany me to somewhere?" Eunji asked. Myungsoo was taken aback by the tears that was held in her eyes. Without any word, he agreed.

"But let's go and put the stuff in the hotel first alright?"

* * *

"Let's go!" Minseok, being the oldest led the group back to the hotel when he stopped and stared at a fem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter