008: Hospitalized

Goodbye November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah! You can do better than this! Stop daydreaming and get that damn ball!" Kai yelled from the bleacher as he looked at the guys playing soccer at the field, with his hands placed on both sides of his hip. Eunji was seated two seats away from Kai as she looked at the guys playing as well. A smile tugged onto her lips, wishing that she could be part of the game.

Kai's tore his gaze away from the players and looked at Eunji instead. She was so immersed into the game that she did not even realized Kai staring openly at her. He realized how her back was so straight while looking at the game; how her small hands were balled into small fists that were rested on her knees; how her eyes were fixed onto the direction of where the ball was going; how she smiled, when Chanyeol made a goal.

Kai's lips tugged into a loop sided grin as he approached her, plopping his body onto the seat right beside Eunji. "Seems like you were enjoying the game huh?" Kai commented.

Eunji turned her head to the side and saw Kai smiling genuinely at her. 

"No, not really."

"Your face gave everything away." Kai let out a chuckle as he placed both hands behind his head and rested his head against them. "Say, why don't you join them? Chanyeol hyung's team lacked one player." 

"I don't know how to play soccer."

"Xiumin hyung can teach you, you don't have to worry about that."

"But-" Eunji's sentence was cut off by the chattering of the boys who came towards the bleacher, saying how unfair the game was since it was 5 versus 4. 

"Jongin won't join us!" Chen complained, throwing his arms up into the air.

"I'm tired!" Kai frowned.

"But you slept the most!" Chen reasoned.

"Did not!"

"You did!"

The two started bickering again while the rest shook their head. Chanyeol was wiping his sweat off his forehead with a towel as he gulped down the bottle of water, clearly thirsty.  Eunji looked at him as the sun shone down brightly on him, making him look ten times more mesmerizing than usual. His laughter filled Eunji's mind, she was looking at how his eyes curved into crescents when he laughed while talking to his friends.

"Eunji-ah, why don't you join us?" Xiumin asked and grinned at her.

Eunji fidgeted a little, due to awkwardness. She cleared and looked at Chanyeol, hoping to get some help from him. "She hate sports," Chanyeol said and placed the bottle of water, together with his towel on the vacant seat.

"That's a pity then," Xiumin said and pouted a little. Eunji softened.

"She was enjoying the game earlier though," Kai butted in and looked at Eunji, who was staring back at him. "You guys should have seen it for yourselves, she's really enjoying herself."

"Really?" Xiumin's eyes widen and glittered with anticipation.

"I guess," Eunji paused and eyed everyone who was waiting for her to complete her sentence. "I guess I could try?"

"Yes!" Xiumin cheered and engulfed Eunji in a hug. Eunji's eyes widen at the sudden skinship, she was obviously not expecting this. Xiumin pulled himself away from her and smiled while ruffling her hair. "I like you already, Miss Akward Turtle." He confessed.

"WHAT?" Many voiced boomed as they stared at the eldest boy.

"What? I mean as a dongsaeng, she's really loveable!"

"That's pretty true though," Chen agreed. "Dongsaeng-ah​!" Chen chimed and engulfed the girl into a hug, causing Eunji to chuckle at his action. Chanyeol smiled and so did Kai.

 

"Pass to me!" Xiumin hollered, putting one hand up in the air as he ran along the direction Chanyeol ran. Chanyeol made used of the empty path that connects Xiumin and him to pass the soccer ball to him, which ended up a successful attemp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter