001 : Bus Incident

Goodbye November
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was just like any other morning of washing up and preparing for school. Eunji was up early in the morning again to receive her daily checkup from her personal doctor that was hired into her home. She sat up on her bed as the doctor examined her; pale and lifeless. That describes her in overall. After confirming that her health is in a proper state, she finally stepped down from her bed and changed into her school uniform when the doctor and nurse were out.

"Annoying." Eunji muttered under her breath as she buttoned the last button of her school blouse.

Eunji tied her long hair up into a high ponytail before grabbing her school bag that was on her study table and carried it on her back. Looking at herself for the last time into the mirror to make sure that her complexion was okay, which was not really the case, before walking out of her room and towards the main door that connects the living room and the outside world.

"Honey, don't you want any breakfast? Are you not hungry?" Eunji's mother's voice rang in her ears, making Eunji to stop in her track just to reply to her mother.

"No mom, I'm not hungry today." She replied lifelessly, just like how she was always.

Her mom's footsteps echoed along the corridor, walking towards her dear daughter. She turned her around and looked at her with sad eyes. "Honey, you have to eat something to gain some energy. You can't just not eat, you need to eat, to fight." Her mother said and caressed Eunji's cheeks lovingly. "And you looked so pale today, wear some lip tint alright? You won't want to scare the boys away." Her mother joked, Eunji smiled.

"I have no intention of falling in love and be in a relationship mom. My partner will just ended up getting hurt." Eunji smiled and her smile slowly faded when she thought of what could have happened to her in times to come.

"Shush, touchwood. You'll be fine." Her mother said and kissed Eunji's forehead dearly. "Have fun in school today, I'll see you later for dinner!" Her mother waved.

Eunji waved back and walked out of the door. The morning breeze greeted her as her body shivered slightly due to the cold wind. She clasped her hands together and pulled them closer to her face as she blew hot air onto them. She rubbed her hands together and shoved them inside the pocket of her cardigan. To normal people, the breeze was nothing to them, but to her, it was cold, because she was just so weak.

The bus halted to a stop at the bus stop near her house. Eunji boarded the bus and greeted the usual bus uncle. The bus was crowded, just like the usual school days. Eunji stood in between an old lady and a male student that was from her school. She shifted uncomfortably whenever the bus stopped at another bus stop, making her lose her balance while she tried to collect herself.

"Shouldn't you be standing up and let this old lady have this seat instead?" Eunji suddenly spoke, breaking the silence that was lingering in the bus. The student who was seated on the seat that was in front of the old lady looked at Eunji with a glare. Obviously not fond of how Eunji talk to him in that manner. He was wearing the same uniform as her, Eunji knew she would get into trouble messing with people like him but, she just can't look over such attitude.

"It's none of your business, . Mind your business before I rip those hair out of your scalp." He threatened.

Eunji did not flinch.

"Stand up," Eunji said, stubborn.

"You're really asking for it huh?" The guy stood up and raised his hand high up in the air, as if he was ready to hit the petite girl right in her face. The old lady was brought away by Eunji while the boy who stood beside Eunji blocked the attack that was targeted at her.

"Stop it. You're being very insensible." The guy said and looked at the shorter boy sternly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter