Chapter 55

Like A Rose {Completed}
This semester has been pretty tough for both Jiro and Selina.Jiro has started working part time aside from his regular classes in the univwersity.They decided to look for a place of their own and started to live together,as the baby grew in Selina's womb.

At first getting started and living together seems lots of fun.Selina has been thinking of being with Jiro every day and spending time with him.They started buying things for their new apartment,as the novelty of living together excites them..But as soon as the fun started and so is the hardship,as duties and responsibilities set in.Jiro have to go from school to work and he is usually dog tired when he gets home.And Selina have to do most of the housework and plus the obligations of the school is equally tiring plus the demand of the pregnancy on her body.

Time seems to fly after....before they knew it,Selina was on her fifth month and her stomach is already showing.They only have a finals to worry and then they knew they have to home to Taiwan and let their parents know about their plans and conditions.So far they never told Arron and Hebe that they are living together nor they told them about the pregnancy.

"I am getting scared." Selina said."Do you think,we did the right thing in not telling them about the pregnancy and about us?"

"I am scared too,but we have to face them.There is nothing we can do for now." Jiro said.

"Can we tell Hebe and Arron about this at least? I feel so guilty not telling them." Selina said.

"We cannot tell them yet.Wait until we are in Taiwan.It is less than a month now and we should be home soon." Jiro said.

"So what is going to happen to us ?Are we going to stay in Taiwan or can I finish my studies here?" Selina said.

"You still have your scholarship here,but I don't think we can afford it on our own,if they withdraws their support on us." Jiro said."But we will make the most of it.We will finish our studies that is something I promise you."

The trip back to Taiwan was equally guilt ladden and tiring.They were unable to sleep on the plane on their way back.Jiro called Arron to pick them up in the airport and to not tell their parents about it.Arron wondered why and was confused at Jiro's instructions.And he also wondered at Jiro and Selina's unplanned return home.

As Jiro and Selina's emerged from the airport,Arron and Hebe was surprised at Selina's sight,heavy with a baby,which is quite so obvious.Arron and Hebe stared at each other,for sure now their brother and sister are in big trouble,that is why the secrecy....of their return.

They stared at each other as they stood and then embraced. Selina and Hebe can't help but cry as they hugged each other.

"How come you never told me?" Hebe asked.

"I never want to bother and worry you." Selina said.

"So what is going to happen now?" Arron said."Did you tell our parents?"

Jiro shook his head."We told no one yet in the family.You were the first ones to know." Jiro said.

"You know that they are going to be disappointed and worst mad at you." Arron said.

"I know,but there is nothing we can do now, and the baby is here." Jiro said.

"Oh Selina,what are we going to do? I am so scared for you." Hebe said as his eyes teared again."I can't even help you in this."

"Don't worry,we just have to accept whatever their say on this." Selina said."I hate to disappoint and fail them,I know how much are their hopes and dreams for me."

"I think we better go now and plan on how to tell them." Arron said.Jiro agreed as the four of them huddle together in the car as they headed to the hotel....where they are staying for now.

That afternoon Jiro called his parents and told them that he is coming home with an important news...Selina also called her parents and told them that she is coming home...She felt guilty when she heard the happiness and the enthusiasm in their voice when they learned that she is coming home....if they only knew...