Chapter 1

Like A Rose {Completed}
It was the first day of school and Jiro excitedly put on his uniform and dumped his basketball jersey and shorts in the duffel bag and grabbed his socks and sneakers .This year is his senior year and as everybody said,Senior year is the best.He has been anticipating this year and this will be his crowning moment in his high school life.

He knocked on the room next to him,which is his brother's Arron bedroom."Time to go Arron,I don't want to be late"He said.

"I'm coming"Arron answered,as he took his backpack and a notebook and dumped it inside.

Both ran together in the stairs on the way down.And most of the time ,Jiro always beat Arron as they try to race each other on the way down.

"See you are no match for me"Jiro said as he ruffled his brother's hair.

Arron frown"Hey it is not fair"he said as he looked himself in the mirror on the way out and tried to fix his hair with his fingers.

"Mom,we are leaving,and I am going to have a basketball practice today so I will be late going home."as he shouted on the way out.

"Mom,and I have a science club meeting too"Arron added.

Their Mom peeked herself out the bedroom,also busy getting ready to go to the office."Jiro just be careful driving and take care of your brother."

"Mom,I am not a baby to be taken care of"Arron complained with a pout."I am in high school now."

"Sorry baby,you know you will always be my baby"her Mom said.

Arron rolled his eyes.He hates it when her Mom always baby him and being the youngest in the family,everybody seems to be after him.He envy his brother Jiro who is always independent and who always have that air of confidence around him.

"Come on bro,we're gonna be late."Jiro said as he hopped in the car.Arron followed on the other side.

The school was already full of activities when they arrived.Students lining up to checked their schedules and their respective classrooms.Jiro parked the car and Arron followed.Eyes followed as Jiro walked to the Bulletin Board to check his name and his classes.Whispers can be heard and Jiro was unaffected.He was used to it already.Being the star of their school varsity who lead their school to last year championship,he love and hate the attention at the same time.

Arron walked behind his brother.Sometimes he hates walking with his brother in school for they always compared them together and he always pale in comparison to his athletic brother.Not that he is not good looking,Good looks run in the family,but he is still in the awkward age and the thick eyeglasses and braces does not add up to his handsome look.Jiro is taller than him and muscular,but whatever Arron lack in that department he made it up by his brain and talents,for he is always at the top of his class academically.

As Arron stopped on his track,he heard a voice behind. "Excused me please." as Selina walked past him.
She went to the board and also looked up at her name.Jiro who was there also stopped and took notice of the girl who just arrived.He knew her from last year but not really personally like they would be talking in any seconds when they meet.But he knew her name and her face nevertheless.He thinks she is quite a beauty and he also did checked her out already,and learned that she is also intelligent.Beauty and brain combined.

Selina also knew Jiro,who would not know him the school's hero.She smiled at him when he looked at her.She found herself blushing when she noticed that he was checking her out.

Hebe came after her sister as she nudged her for leaving her behind.Her face pink from the sun,and she was quite short of breathe.Hebe is also a beauty once you take off the eyeglasses and the braces.But she lacked confidence in herself and end up being clumsy most of the time.

The bell rang marking the start of the school year and the start of classes for the day.As the students marched their way to the school.

Jiro noticed that Selina is going the same clessroom as he is.He smiled at her as she walked with her"Excused me,are you also in section 1?"Jiro asked.

Selina nodded."Are you?"

Jiro nodded"Oh that is great,that means that we are classmates."Jiro said."Oh this is going to be great year"

Selina smiled"So my classmate is the famous Jiro Wang?"

"And my classmate is the beauty and brain Selina Ren"Jiro added.Both laughed as they took their seat beside each other.

Hebe walked to her room and she noticed the boy who was walking slowly ahead of her.She wants to get past him but it seems impossible.She want him to hurry but he took his time fixing his things,his book bags and notebooks.Hebe is getting impatient with him.He even tied his shoelaces,which anger Hebe more.

"Excused me,will you please,hurry up"Hebe said."I want to get to my classroom today and not tomorrow." giving him an annoyed look and as she pushed him off,and Arron lost his balance.

Arron looked at her and gave her an angry glare.He puffed his cheeks and was about to say something when Hebe took the chance to jumped past him and ran.Arron was so pissed off.

"What a year to start ,I am gonna get her next time I see her."Arron thought.

Arron entered the classroom and there she was the girl,who pushed him outside.Oh she is gonna get it,for sure,Arron thought.As he took the seat next to her.